Anyone elses PC lag on elegon?

My FPS is fine but there is still computer lag there. Everything responds late... its a weird kind of lag...

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn up shadows.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-06-28 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Turn up shadows.

Warning; Don't troll. (Sonnillon)
    Sonnillon as trolish as it may sound Moggie is correct. If you put shadows to high or ultra your fps will be back to normal, dont ask me why but it works. Proof: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...ly-elegon.html

10+ Year Old Account
    I do appollogize then. As posts like these without any more info seem trollish. Lesson to all, add more info, than just a sentence ^^

Deleted
    This happnes to me, Everything in the game runs well. Raids bgs Everything. Except for Elegon

Deleted
    I thought it was just me, everything else works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I do appollogize then. As posts like these without any more info seem trollish. Lesson to all, add more info, than just a sentence ^^
    Lesson to all?? How about lesson to mod? Do yo homework before throwin out warnings to those that definitely don't deserve them. Sigh. OT, turning up shadows to high or ultra does for some reason work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh. Have never trolled here. The issue has been covered all over the Blizz forums and other sites. A quick google search also brings up a ton of write ups on this, hence why I kept it short and to the point. Short story: Since 5.2 something about how much is being drawn or something went awry and instead of the normal 'turn everything down' to not lag, things went the opposite route for this one fight and turning up shadows actually decreases the lag. Hopefully I'm not gonna get banned now!

Turn up shadows.
    I'll have to try that at some point.

As for the OP: the graphics of the fight + increased size of combat log = ouch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    My FPS is fine but there is still computer lag there. Everything responds late... its a weird kind of lag...
    Have same problem mate. Blizzards fault on this matter, dev's using some kind of programming for latest graphics cards to be sweet on, but many players get fucked over. They said they will fix in next patch but for now, you have to turn shadows to ultra for fps to be fair again. Seems the same thing works on promordius aswell btw, if your fps drops on that encounter aswell, just turn shadows up.

Hope i helped

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn up shadows.

This does fix the problem. Turn them up to quality Good.

Also, this helps with Primordius room.

I found turning Shadow up to "Good" was enough.

This is also a problem (albeit to a lesser extent) on Primordius. It has something to do with ray tracing through the floors.

EDIT: gah, someone said the same darn thing.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I have no idea why but yes, turning shadows to High or even Ultra fixes the FPS issue on Elegon; before I recently updated my graphics card I would be at 13fps with shadows on Low, but turning it to High put me at a consistent 30fps.

Go figure.