Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkhyrule View Post
    No she will not. In order for her to be a raid boss, Blizz will need to give the Horde a reason to kill her. And with the Burning Legion seriously hinted coming in the next expasion, she not going to die anytime soon. And the closest haters are going to get to ever killing her, is if they raid Undercity on their Alliance toons, and killing her in the End Time dungeon in Cata.

So pick one of those options and enjoy, becaues thats the closest anyone's going to get.
    You don't seem to understand why the lack of ramifications is jarring.
    I don't know if it should be a raid, scenario or dungeon or even simply a questline or event that happens during the SoO but something has to happen to Sylvanas and her Val'kyr that puts her in her place by Alliance hands.
    Her current storyline is getting out of control in the way that she has so far gone out of her way to provoke the Alliance and even the Argents and yet nothing has come of it, and now she's continuing to do the same shit during a time when there is meant to be a tenuous alliance between the Horde and Alliance to bring down Garrosh. Her voice lines indicate her Val'kyr have gotten more powerful.

It is jarring to have somebody pull of so much shit as Sylvanas as of late and just have the Alliance forget what's happened. As it stand the Forsaken story appears to be in it's own snug little bubble where they can do what the hell they want and nothing will be done or said about.

As it stand her doing the same crap and getting away with it is just bad story telling. I'm really hoping the rest of the voice files and raid content prove otherwise or else for Alliance fans the SoO will instead be a table flip moment and not a fist pumping moment for the Alliance.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-06-28 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkhyrule View Post
    No she will not. In order for her to be a raid boss, Blizz will need to give the Horde a reason to kill her. And with the Burning Legion seriously hinted coming in the next expasion, she not going to die anytime soon. And the closest haters are going to get to ever killing her, is if they raid Undercity on their Alliance toons, and killing her in the End Time dungeon in Cata.

So pick one of those options and enjoy, becaues thats the closest anyone's going to get.
    Raising horde into undeath is a valid reason to turn on her, Lor'themar made it quite clear if she raises his people he will kill her, the other horde leaders will most likely react the same way. Who said it will be soon? It could be in 3 xpacks from now or in 10, or even after wow. The fact remains the road she is currently on leads to destruction. You ignore the amounts of enemies she made recently, how shaky her alliance to the horde is, that the ebon blade and the argent crusade are watching her closely. To ignore this would be quite foolish. You call me hater, which is quite ironic, since she is one of my favorite characters, it does not change the fact that if she continues down this particular road it will most likely lead to her demise.

Logically Sylvannas' actions should earn her some sort of comeuppance, even if not outright death, but I'm not sure blizz is actually going to go that route. At least not for a good while. More likely I suspect that the new warchief will reign her in some or blizz will just leave it lingering.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 06:07 AM ----------

In other news, loving the new voice files.

For horde leaders we now have Thrall, Vol'jin, Baine, Sylvnanas, Ji and Lor'themar confirmed to be there. (No word on Gallywix that I know of.) For Alliance, Varian, Jaina, Moira, Gelbin, Tyrande. (No word on Velen, Aysa and Genn.) While not everyone gets a large role, it's nice to see these character present and doing something rather than left in the dust.

Hopefully next build will include Thrall and Varian's voice files, they're the two I'm most curious to see next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is that troll woman mouthing off to Vol'jin? Shouldn't they be on the same side?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    What the fuck has happened to sylvanas voice?
    She drank too much cold water and her voice changed. Tyrande is suffering from same issue of course.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 03:22 PM ----------

I think Tyrande's voice actress should stop playing so many trolls, the troll voice is starting to get noticed on the night elf. It's not the voice that's the problem even, it's the accent, you know that stereotypical troll accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    He's justified.
    a quote by taran zu himself:

"Every reprisal is itself an act of aggression, and every act of aggression triggers immediate reprisal."

so, the "outsiders'" actions justify his hatred for us. but his hatred for us justify my hatred for him
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    a quote by taran zu himself:

"Every reprisal is itself an act of aggression, and every act of aggression triggers immediate reprisal."

so, the "outsiders'" actions justify his hatred for us. but his hatred for us justify my hatred for him
    Dude we fucked up the vale like cmon that's fucked up right there lol hell the golden lotus is wiped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Dude we fucked up the vale like cmon that's fucked up right there lol hell the golden lotus is wiped out.
    I didn't fuck any vale up.

in fact I'm currently in the barrens, killing the people that fucked the vale up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I checked, the Shado-Pan didn't go to Nagrand and stripmine Oshu'gun, or to Hyjal and dig up the World Tree. The Shado-Pan didn't unleash aspects of an Old God on Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms. The Shado-Pan didn't send a massive army to Ashenvale with the intent of conquering the continent for its resources.

The Shado-Pan hate us because we're the villains here. Hating them because they hate us for absolutely valid reasons completely misses the point of what he was saying at the Isle of Thunder: the Alliance and Horde were caught in a cycle of revenge because every time they struck back, it was a violent act that saw another violent act returned in kind. The Shado-Pan have, so far, done little more toward the factions than babysit us and spell it out in terms even a toddler can understand that we're doing nothing but making matters worse.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF? Since when did Tyrande sound like a Na'vi or a troll?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

"It cannot end like this!" is a popular quote by Blizzard. I heared several NPC's and bosses tell the same line.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't fuck any vale up.

in fact I'm currently in the barrens, killing the people that fucked the vale up.
    Well It's an all out war between two sides so of course you kinda contributed to it :P

Last time I checked, the Shado-Pan didn't go to Nagrand and stripmine Oshu'gun, or to Hyjal and dig up the World Tree. The Shado-Pan didn't unleash aspects of an Old God on Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms. The Shado-Pan didn't send a massive army to Ashenvale with the intent of conquering the continent for its resources.

The Shado-Pan hate us because we're the villains here. Hating them because they hate us for absolutely valid reasons completely misses the point of what he was saying at the Isle of Thunder: the Alliance and Horde were caught in a cycle of revenge because every time they struck back, it was a violent act that saw another violent act returned in kind. The Shado-Pan have, so far, done little more toward the factions than babysit us and spell it out in terms even a toddler can understand that we're doing nothing but making matters worse.
    look, if two children stat cursing each other, one's words will trigger the words of the other. it's perfectly inside what tazan zhu said. each reprisal is aggression, and each aggression triggers reprisal. when garrosh does something and taran zhu acts like it's MY fault, that's his reprisal, and to me, that's aggression. it's like saying all germans are responsible for the holocaust. it may not be physical aggression, but it IS aggression, and it triggers my desire to see him dead, which is my silent aggression towards him. it's perfectly within the scope of his words.

taran zhu is an hypocrite. the "control your emotions outsiders! I HATE YOU SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU DONT CONTROL YOUR EMOTIONS THAT IMMA POSSESSED BY THE SHA OF HATREEEEEEEEEEEED!" part of his story should be indication enough.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Well It's an all out war between two sides so of course you kinda contributed to it :P
    my main is horde. the "two sides" have nothing to do with it lol

Blimey, sounds like Gamon is too busy taking a dump to do anything useful!

10+ Year Old Account
    look, if two children stat cursing each other, one's words will trigger the words of the other. it's perfectly inside what tazan zhu said. each reprisal is aggression, and each aggression triggers reprisal. when garrosh does something and taran zhu acts like it's MY fault, that's his reprisal, and to me, that's aggression. it's like saying all germans are responsible for the holocaust. it may not be physical aggression, but it IS aggression, and it triggers my desire to see him dead, which is my silent aggression towards him. it's perfectly within the scope of his words.
    When Garrosh does something that was only possible because you led him here, marching in goosestep with his commands, how do you think it's going to look to him? Furthermore, in 5.3, against his better judgement, he gives the Horde a one-season grace period to sort their shit out and get Garrosh off the throne. Because of this, the Vale is now Sha-scarred in addition to the desecration caused by the Horde digging up a swath of it for artifacts and weapons due to the factions' Pride empowering the Sha of the same name the same way they empowered the other six.

taran zhu is an hypocrite. the "control your emotions outsiders! I HATE YOU SO MUCH BECAUSE YOU DONT CONTROL YOUR EMOTIONS THAT IMMA POSSESSED BY THE SHA OF HATREEEEEEEEEEEED!" part of his story should be indication enough.
    Great job missing the part where the Sha of Hatred was empowered to levels only seen in legend. By us. Also the part where Taoshi implies he considers it his greatest failing, but also further justification that we can't be trusted due to how powerful we're making the Sha. 5.4's total desecration of the Vale, by Pride? Our fault again, and this go-round when he calls us out, you literally can't argue against it because the desecration goes right up to our doorsteps.

When Garrosh does something that was only possible because you led him here, marching in goosestep with his commands, how do you think it's going to look to him? Furthermore, in 5.3, against his better judgement, he gives the Horde a one-season grace period to sort their shit out and get Garrosh off the throne. Because of this, the Vale is now Sha-scarred in addition to the desecration caused by the Horde digging up a swath of it for artifacts and weapons due to the factions' Pride empowering the Sha of the same name the same way they empowered the other six.
    why are you ignoring what I'm saying and defending him? I'm saying he IS justified. but so am I. everytime he's an ass towards me, he's giving me reason to hate him. it doesn't matter if he's justified or not. his verbal aggression in-game triggers my aggression on the forums. please read what I say and understand that. just saying he's justified won't do any good. why shouldn't I hate him when he's always like "it's all the outsiders' fault, go away, outsiders!" when the CELESTIALS themselves say that we are to be trusted, and that the vale is to remain open because we can fix it? (see xuen's 5.4 soundfiles)

Great job missing the part where the Sha of Hatred was empowered to levels only seen in legend. By us. Also the part where Taoshi implies he considers it his greatest failing, but also further justification that we can't be trusted due to how powerful we're making the Sha. 5.4's total desecration of the Vale, by Pride? Our fault again, and this go-round when he calls us out, you literally can't argue against it because the desecration goes right up to our doorsteps.
    great job mentioning details of no importance to my argument.

1 - we empowered the sha of hatred (and all the others), but the sha of hatred used taran zhu as it's host because he was the best host available nearby. why? because he was BOILING with hatred towards the outsiders that were causing him so much trouble. that makes him hypocritical. he was pissed at us because we didn't control our emotions, but he couldn't control his emotions himself. if he could, the sha would have possessed someone else.

2 - so, he felt ashamed of failing to control his anger? big deal. he thinks that it's our fault because we made him so angry he couldn't control it? his problem, not mine.

3 - we are in the ookin barrens! we have nothing to do with what happened to the vale. what happened to the vale has to do with the kor'kron in the barrens that are our enemies, no matter which faction you are. I didn't trigger the sha. no one in the shrine triggered the sha. it was some guy who's confortably sitting on his chair in orgrimmar, and we are also pissed at what he did, and we're going there for his head. still, the oh so much holier than thou taran zhu says it's my fault? well, fuck him, and I hope he really dies in siege of orgrimmar. I'm tired of his "I'm so much better than you" attitude when he needs me to solve his problems and he can't be arsed to help me solving mine. we killed his enemies! the empress, the sha, the thunder king! where are his shado-pan when we could use some help to kill garrosh? I'll bet my pants they won't be anywhere around.

I think taran zhu's greatest issue is that he thinks his judgment is superior to the celestials'. if they say we're ok, why can't he accept it? they are old as the potty stance and advised the guy that CREATED his order!

10+ Year Old Account
    why are you ignoring what I'm saying and defending him? I'm saying he IS justified. but so am I. everytime he's an ass towards me, he's giving me reason to hate him. it doesn't matter if he's justified or not. his verbal aggression in-game triggers my aggression on the forums. please read what I say and understand that. just saying he's justified won't do any good. why shouldn't I hate him when he's always like "it's all the outsiders' fault, go away, outsiders!" when the CELESTIALS themselves say that we are to be trusted, and that the vale is to remain open because we can fix it? (see xuen's 5.4 soundfiles)
    If you hate him because he's calling us out for fucking everything up, I would argue his points are hitting closer to home than you'd like.

great job mentioning details of no importance to my argument.
    Your entire argument hinges on lack of context. Providing context deflates your position quite a bit.

1 - we empowered the sha of hatred (and all the others), but the sha of hatred used taran zhu as it's host because he was the best host available nearby. why? because he was BOILING with hatred towards the outsiders that were causing him so much trouble. that makes him hypocritical. he was pissed at us because we didn't control our emotions, but he couldn't control his emotions himself. if he could, the sha would have possessed someone else.
    He was pissed at us because we empower the Sha. Controlling our emotions is a secondary thing--when we empowered the Sha, we allowed Anger to drive the yaungol in Kun-Lai mad, Fear to corrupt the mantid empress and force a swarm 100 years early, the other three to corrupt or possess other major figures in Pandaria, and Hatred to go after the Shado-Pan, who hated the factions because we had completely destabilized an otherwise-easily containable problem (the Zandalari and mogu could have been dealt with in short order had the Blackguards and Wu Kao not been tied up in Kun-Lai and at the wall) and empowered the Sha to a point that there was no historical record of the Sha having grown that powerful, not even when Shaohao beat them. That's why Hatred was able to get a foot in the door, so to speak.

2 - so, he felt ashamed of failing to control his anger? big deal. he thinks that it's our fault because we made him so angry he couldn't control it? his problem, not mine.
    The irony being you're dismissive of the details of his situation but you're mad at him for being dismissive of the Horde's details. He doesn't care about the Horde's political situation. He cares about defending Pandaria from, among other things, the Sha, which we're responsible for empowering to this level.

3 - we are in the ookin barrens! we have nothing to do with what happened to the vale. what happened to the vale has to do with the kor'kron in the barrens that are our enemies, no matter which faction you are. I didn't trigger the sha. no one in the shrine triggered the sha. it was some guy who's confortably sitting on his chair in orgrimmar, and we are also pissed at what he did, and we're going there for his head. still, the oh so much holier than thou taran zhu says it's my fault? well, fuck him, and I hope he really dies in siege of orgrimmar. I'm tired of his "I'm so much better than you" attitude when he needs me to solve his problems and he can't be arsed to help me solving mine. we killed his enemies! the empress, the sha, the thunder king! where are his shado-pan when we could use some help to kill garrosh? I'll bet my pants they won't be anywhere around.
    We fixed our own messes. As noted above, we are responsible for the Empress, the Yaungol, and the Sha all attacking at once at the level of power they'd reached. Otherwise, the Zandalari could have been taken care of as soon as they landed, which would have prevented Lei Shen's resurrection at all.

I think taran zhu's greatest issue is that he thinks his judgment is superior to the celestials'. if they say we're ok, why can't he accept it? they are old as the potty stance and advised the guy that CREATED his order!
    Pride is the number one failing among the pandaren, because it's the one even Shaohao couldn't shake. Even so, even for their pride, even that Sha was containable until we came to the shores. He's prideful, but that doesn't make him wrong when considering that the outsiders have literally caused 80% of the problems we address in Pandaria proper.

edit: Kosak, lead quest designer, is on-record that it's all of the Alliance and Horde, not just Garrosh, who empowered the Sha as soon as they made landfall. https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/340621581430706177
    Last edited by Thage; 2013-06-28 at 01:54 PM.

I wonder why the curse of undeath and the Curse of the Worgen only affect humans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    I wonder why the curse of undeath and the Curse of the Worgen only affect humans?
    The curse of undeath can affect any race, so long as the necromancer is sufficiently powerful, as seen in the death knight starting zone. The problem with the val'kyr is that they were only designed to raise vrykul, the genetic ancestors of humans--it's probably because humans are so similar to vrykul that the val'kyr can raise them. As for necromancers, it's probably more that they were being empowered by the Lich King, who was able to raise any race with little difficulty.

edit: The worgen curse can, at the least, affect humans and night elves, as seen in the Curse of the Worgen comic and quest chatter in the worgen starting experience. Whether it affects anyone else is unknown so far, since nobody else has had the opportunity to have a worgen infect them in-lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Shado-Pan were barely doing anything other than fighting off the mantid swarming every few years, and keeping an eye on the yaungol and sha, until we showed up. It was all too much for Taran to handle: us washing up on Jade Forest, our emotions and war causing the sha to sprout, the sha then affecting the yaungol and mantid with far greater influence.

I find it completely understandable that he'd lose control after years of little concern.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.