Yeah, just a little more than 2 hours to go! Wooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Snow-Tiger View Post
    Yeah, just a little more than 2 hours to go! Wooo!
    Work in 4. Gone for the weekend. Missing Beta (level 23 already, but still...)and MLG. But at least I get to go to a resort. Win-lose?

For those worried about the GCD, I don't think you should be. If that's all that matters in your little world, then you can really just not play and stick to more fast paced combat. I'll suggest GW2 as it's fun for awhile, until you exhaust everything. Other than that, just...wait until you have clear information. Speculation anxiety is the worst kind, because it's unmerited and worthless if you find out it was for naught.

Let's all hold hands...here on the subway...'cause we've been stuck here in the dark for way too long.
    -HA

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Work in 4. Gone for the weekend. Missing Beta (level 23 already, but still...)and MLG. But at least I get to go to a resort. Win-lose?
    Let's trade, I'd love a resort get-away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, still no duty finder.

Not sure what class to play this weekend. I should continue my level 20 pugilist but I like trying new things. Really I'm itching to try Arcanist but I'll have a while to wait for that. ><

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of want to mess around in FFXIV, but at the same time I don't want to spoil myself too much of it, =\

Quote Originally Posted by Snow-Tiger View Post
    Let's trade, I'd love a resort get-away.
    It's less of a resort and more of a retreat center. It's nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    I kind of want to mess around in FFXIV, but at the same time I don't want to spoil myself too much of it, =\
    I'd say just explore all the parts you're interested in that are available enough to see what you'd want changed or how well it's done.

Have fun with beta y'all! Let me know what changes go down.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just recieved a beta key

I went through the proccess of creating an account but I haven't got any mail to confirm my account. Is it usual to take some time to be mailed? It would be a shame if I could not try the beta this weekend because of that :S
    Arukas

Quote Originally Posted by arukas View Post
    So I just recieved a beta key

I went through the proccess of creating an account but I haven't got any mail to confirm my account. Is it usual to take some time to be mailed? It would be a shame if I could not try the beta this weekend because of that :S
    Ehh their system is a bit odd. As long as you did everything right, it should work...eventually. I don't remember a confirmation e-mail though...hmm...maybe just try logging in?

So I just got a beta key, made an account and i'm currently in the process of installing the beta client.

Does the beta work like WoW's PTR where it's essentially up just as much as the live client, or are there "sessions" to keep an eye out for? What's the easiest way to see when these sessions will be happening? Currently have about 200 mins+ to wait for the download, so won't be logging on any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Ehh their system is a bit odd. As long as you did everything right, it should work...eventually. I don't remember a confirmation e-mail though...hmm...maybe just try logging in?
    Well that's stupid...just created another account with my other mail adress and instantly recieved a confirmation e-mail. Guess I'll be playing after all I hope...
    Arukas

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    So I just got a beta key, made an account and i'm currently in the process of installing the beta client.

Does the beta work like WoW's PTR where it's essentially up just as much as the live client, or are there "sessions" to keep an eye out for? What's the easiest way to see when these sessions will be happening? Currently have about 200 mins+ to wait for the download, so won't be logging on any time soon.
    The only live client is the beta. It goes up during the weekend only, at least that's how it's been for Beta P3 sessions. 2 AM PDT Friday Morning through 2 AM PDT Sunday morning (aka started 3.5 hours ago). To see the schedules, they will update the forums. You can see the current test schedule under the big
    "Please Read Before the Beta Test
    -Design Concepts for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn".

10+ Year Old Account

This is phase 3. At the moment, it's just been weekends. Friday at 2:00AM PST to Sunday 2:00AM PST. Eventually it'll open up more, then close again for open beta which we really don't know much about atm.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    hmm that is true. The cooldowns for pallies is a bit longer than normal for some skills, so i guess if I think of it like that it isn't too bad.
    I still would think 2 second is perfect, but that's me. How do you get speed to reduce the GCD anyway?

And around 4 hours and 20 minutes till the servers are up I think.

Edit: omg you changed your avatar, I didn't recognize you.
    Yeah I changed it up, wanted to show off my pugilist lol. I think ill go back to my old avatar though, I miss it lol.

Sucks though, I gotta go to work and miss out on like the first 10 hours of beta. T_T

So i ran into some kind of problem. I just ended the Grand Company quest and joined the Immortal Flames. After that i went back to Walking Sands and since then the only Quest i have left is to get a Choboco. So uh...What place should i go as level 21 1/2 to continue?

I seem to be struggling when it comes to screenshots; both printscreening, and using Razer Game Booster's Screencast option.

Anyone have similar issues?

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to be struggling when it comes to screenshots; both printscreening, and using Razer Game Booster's Screencast option.

Anyone have similar issues?
    I just launch it through steam and use f12.

1.0 Collector's Edition owner/player. Still no beta key for ARR.

Sad chocobo

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    1.0 Collector's Edition owner/player. Still no beta key for ARR.

Sad chocobo
    Dosent guarantee you a beta key sadly, Its luck of the draw on the applications. However if you resubmit a new app then go to the beta forums and post in the thread about not reciveing a key or a key not working they tend to just send you one. It worked my friend lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Dosent guarantee you a beta key sadly, Its luck of the draw on the applications. However if you resubmit a new app then go to the beta forums and post in the thread about not reciveing a key or a key not working they tend to just send you one. It worked my friend lol
    Thanks for the tip. I might just try that

Deleted
    Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but when, if ever, will the Arcanist be added to Beta? It's the only thing i'm interested in so i wanted to try it out.