Page 1 of 2
LastLast

legendary cape proc and hunters

Flurry of Xuen - Your damaging attacks have a chance to trigger a Flurry of Xuen, causing you to deal 60% weapon damage to all targets in front of you, every 0.5 sec for 3 sec.

so, all targets in front of us, were at ranged, so..?

not sure how this is supposed to work for us.

Quote Originally Posted by hareu View Post
    Flurry of Xuen - Your damaging attacks have a chance to trigger a Flurry of Xuen, causing you to deal 60% weapon damage to all targets in front of you, every 0.5 sec for 3 sec.

so, all targets in front of us, were at ranged, so..?

not sure how this is supposed to work for us.
    we took the test at Temple of Jade Serpent. we will get the Yu'lon proc.

Quote Originally Posted by D R E A D E D View Post
    mmm, I really hope not, that proc looks so terrible for hunters, the weapon damage one would be so much better, since we do use weapon damage.

Deleted
    So to solve the neverendless issues with us being ranged physical damage dealers we now get caster procs? Well whatever but usually we should belong to Xuen (darkmoon trinkets anyone?)

I'm pretty sure they did that just because we are ranged. If they put the caster proc on the agi dps cloak then rogues and ferals will get it which doesn't make any sense. I'm fairly certain we will get the xuen proc.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Chances are that we will get an item that imbues the cloak, and that hunters will get to chose the Yulon one (the string:
    • LEGENDARY_54_CLOAK_VALIDATION - You must be in possession of a Celestial Cloak of Virtue to use this item.)
    . The Xuen one makes absolutely zero sense for us.
    That being said, it's a bit sad that we get the weaker meta gem, AND what looks to be the weaker cloak proc (no scaling, wat?).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Chances are that we will get an item that imbues the cloak, and that hunters will get to chose the Yulon one (the string:
    • LEGENDARY_54_CLOAK_VALIDATION - You must be in possession of a Celestial Cloak of Virtue to use this item.)
    That being said, it's a bit sad that we get the weaker meta gem, AND what looks to be the weaker cloak proc (no scaling, wat?).
    If you ask me Capacitance is better than Sinister.

If you ask me Capacitance is better than Sinister.
    To be fair though, I didn't =P. Capacitance is EASIER than Sinister. Considering the way most casters has dots that scales with haste and procs that happens because of those dots, a good player can get a fair amount more DPS out of sinister than we can of ours, as ours is 100% passive "equip and forget".

I still think we will get the xuen proc. Although the yu'lon proc would most likely scale with AP/SP. They wouldn't just make it that bad.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 08:19 AM ----------

• LEGENDARY_54_CLOAK_VALIDATION - You must be in possession of a Celestial Cloak of Virtue to use this item.
    Oh by the way, that string isn't for the 600 ilvl cloak. You see, the cloak of virtue is the 600 ilvl cloak. The celestial cloak of virtue is what is presumably the legendary cloak.

The Yu'lon one makes zero sense for us. The legendary cloaks have colors that correspond to the celestials, Xuen's is blue and the tigerclaw/fang capes both have the blue markings. If we get the Yu'lon proc (which is green), it wouldn't make any sense.

(see: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...akUpgrades.jpg also the legendary healer one looks awesome)

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Im pretty sure we will get Yulon proc since Xuen is pointless for range dps.

Seeing how many tanks are going for dps capes it might be possible that you can choose what type of buff you want. Either by augmenting the cloak or getting some additional item?

Did it occur to anyone else that it is almost exactly the same as Barrage? This proc is 360% weapon damage over 3 sec, while Barrage is 320% over 3 sec. The only difference is barrage does double damage to the primary target. If that's true it's free Barrage procs. Kinda weak on single target, but the proc would do a lot of damage in AOE or multi target fights. Barrage is even worded the same - "every target in front of you." So since it sounds basically like a copy of Barrage I don't see how it's a problem for hunters? It just seems logical that hunters would have the weapon damage one, and not the one that procs off "Spells"

If it is barrage procs, I can see it causing some potential accidental pulls though unless they are smart enough to not have it affect mobs that are both out of combat and maybe also CC'd as well.. Maybe we do get the "spell damage" one. /shrug
    Last edited by bendak; 2013-06-28 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I still think we will get the xuen proc. Although the yu'lon proc would most likely scale with AP/SP. They wouldn't just make it that bad.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 08:19 AM ----------

Oh by the way, that string isn't for the 600 ilvl cloak. You see, the cloak of virtue is the 600 ilvl cloak. The celestial cloak of virtue is what is presumably the legendary cloak.

The Yu'lon one makes zero sense for us. The legendary cloaks have colors that correspond to the celestials, Xuen's is blue and the tigerclaw/fang capes both have the blue markings. If we get the Yu'lon proc (which is green), it wouldn't make any sense.

(see: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...akUpgrades.jpg also the legendary healer one looks awesome)
    Coloration doesn't mean we can't choose the proc. The Phys-DPS one is completly useless for hunters, thus we can't get it. We get hit by ranged targetted attacks (thunderstruck, ice beam), we did the ranged challenge... There's just no way they're going to give us the "must have target in front of you"-proc.

Also, the celestials giving us the cloaks could be why it's called "celestial" - it wouldn't be the first time Blizzard has butchered grammar. I'm not going to take outright stupidity at face value, just because of a name and a color.

Unless, of course, they decide that the proc should work like barrage and hit everything in 40 yards infront of us. That'd be akward. Imagine the clutter.

Deleted
    Considering there are 4 procs, I seriously doubt we will share the caster one which will definitely be the Yu-lon one, we will be sharing the melee one again just like the meta gem proc. What exactly do you mean by "There's just no way they're going to give us the "must have target in front of you"-proc. "? It's not like we dps facing away from mobs.

The problem with melee one is that its not tailored for range dps. Attacking targets in front? What range? Consider the fact that it should be similar to our max range so that we can get full potential of it. If it has 40yards range then what if we stac closer? Ninja pull everything?

The only logical proc is the Yulon one. We even did the quest for him so why would we get buff from other celestial? I doubt the Yulon proc will be based on fixed numbers, they will probably change it into AP/SP scalling and all range will be happy (casters/hunters).

Pretty sure they forgot about hunters when they came up with these procs, just like the meta gem when it first was announced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalamo View Post
    The problem with melee one is that its not tailored for range dps. Attacking targets in front? What range? Consider the fact that it should be similar to our max range so that we can get full potential of it. If it has 40yards range then what if we stac closer? Ninja pull everything?

The only logical proc is the Yulon one. We even did the quest for him so why would we get buff from other celestial? I doubt the Yulon proc will be based on fixed numbers, they will probably change it into AP/SP scalling and all range will be happy (casters/hunters).
    You are forgetting that we are still a physical dps class even though we are ranged, we did the Yu'lon quest because we are ranged, it wouldn't have made sense to make us do the melee boss since we are ranged and not melee. Anyway, we don't know forsure other than looking at the proc and thinking logically. I'm sure whichever of the two procs we get will be a nice dps gain so that is one thing to look forward to.

Deleted
    Guys, there's no reason to assume they won't make it work like starfall, where they only make it target combat flagged mobs and players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalamo View Post
    Attacking targets in front? What range?
    It could also be "cleave on where missile landed". We actually had that kind of augmentation before - if I'm not mistaken it was from BWL class specific trinket which gave our AS cleave effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    Guys, there's no reason to assume they won't make it work like starfall, where they only make it target combat flagged mobs and players.
    hehehehehehhe. Heheh. Heh. How many times have they "fixed" starfall to work like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Drairon View Post
    Yes, we know.