Deleted

[WoW PTR Patch 5.4]: Restoration Shaman - PVE Healing Guide

Hi guys,

Thought I might as well share this YouTube video project I have uploaded. I cover the new PTR changes, talents, glyphs, abilities, statistics, professions, enchants gems and other things. I am new to voice commentary and hope its not too annoying lol.

And yes you can correct me if you spot any mistakes!

Hope its useful and not too dull

Deleted
    Quite a lot off missleading information in there:

Water Shield glyph is actually a mana loss on the majority off the fights.

Telluric Currents is only a 1800~ mana gain per Lightning Bolt, it is not worth it for the mana, you are much better off using Totemic Recall if it's mana you miss.

Healing Stream Totem is affected by haste.

Crit is actually far superior than Mastery in both 10 and 25 in almost every case.

The 3764 haste cap is actually good if you can reach it, and so is the 7613 cap. While you claimed they were useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fneelis View Post

Water Shield glyph is actually a mana loss on the majority off the fights.

Telluric Currents is only a 1800~ mana gain per Lightning Bolt, it is not worth it for the mana, you are much better off using Totemic Recall if it's mana you miss.

Healing Stream Totem is affected by haste.

Crit is actually far superior than Mastery in both 10 and 25 in almost every case.

The 3764 haste cap is actually good if you can reach it, and so is the 7613 cap. While you claimed they were useless.
    Great, thank you! Was looking for feedback and this helped me a lot. I hope besides that it was okay with some useful things for beginners and the information was clear to understand at least. I do not do heroic raiding currently. I use to but have not done it in a long time now so I cannot gain experience from that. Mainly just for normal modes so if there are things different in heroics then it most likely is missed out.

I did not claim that the 3764 haste cap was useless, I just meant that is was the very last on the priority list and you should only go for them if your going for the full Best in Slot gear pieces. However I really should have made this clearer.
    Last edited by mmoc2c0e080e79; 2013-06-28 at 09:32 AM.

All haste breakpoints for totems are not 100% reliable, you can have less than 3764 haste rating and still have that extra tick sometimes due to server latency issues. I would definitely recommend going for 7613 haste for that extra tick of healing rain once you have enough gear.

Your Healing Rain healed You 0 Nature. (30618 Overhealed) (Critical)
    Your Restorative Mists healed You 0 Nature. (30618 Overhealed)

Your Healing Rain healed You 0 Nature. (14937 Overhealed)
    Your Restorative Mists healed You 0 Nature. (14937 Overhealed)

Your Healing Rain healed You 0 Nature. (30235 Overhealed) (Critical)
    Your Restorative Mists healed You 0 Nature. (30235 Overhealed)

Not sure what you are talking about at 17:55

I think you also missed about unleash+rain, Healing rain should never be cast without the unleash elemental buff and there were no information on HPM/HPS and on how many targets you need to make HR worth it. You should also mention the addon RSS to evaluate your own stat weighs.

The 7613 cap is mandatory in ToT hc and there is also a HR cap at 7909 for 4+ ticks with BL if you are doing a fight you know you will have BL during high output phase. And if this was for 5.4 the 15316 HR cap maybe should be looked at
    Last edited by Axelond; 2013-06-28 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Your Healing Rain healed You 0 Nature. (30618 Overhealed) (Critical)
    Your Restorative Mists healed You 0 Nature. (30618 Overhealed)

Your Healing Rain healed You 0 Nature. (14937 Overhealed)
    Your Restorative Mists healed You 0 Nature. (14937 Overhealed)

Your Healing Rain healed You 0 Nature. (30235 Overhealed) (Critical)
    Your Restorative Mists healed You 0 Nature. (30235 Overhealed)

Not sure what you are talking about at 17:55

I think you also missed about unleash+rain, Healing rain should never be cast without the unleash elemental buff and there were no information on HPM/HPS and on how many targets you need to make HR worth it. You should also mention the addon RSS to evaluate your own stat weighs.

The 7613 cap is mandatory in ToT hc and there is also a HR cap at 7909 for 4+ ticks with BL if you are doing a fight you know you will have BL during high output phase. And if this was for 5.4 the 15316 HR cap maybe should be looked at
    I think the next haste cap to look for is 6 ticks of Earthliving weapon at 10513, I doubt that 15316 will be reachable even with SoO BiS gear.

Just looking at askmrrobot with full hc thunderforged (549) gear going for all haste you can get the 15k cap and still keep a few full spirit gems so with Ilvl 550 normal and 566 Hc loot and maybe some thunderforged system? but for sure 8+ ilvls in upgrade the patch after. 570 gear will not be uncommon towards the end of the expansion so 15k haste does not seem very hard when its already reachable today, If its worth it? who the hell knows xD

And btw 5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Spirit Trinket (2) So you will need even less haste if you use that trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    And btw 5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Spirit Trinket (2) So you will need even less haste if you use that trinket
    I would be amazed if all Blizzard did was finalize the name without touching the numbers. There's no way that trinket would go live in its current iteration.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I would be amazed if all Blizzard did was finalize the name without touching the numbers. There's no way that trinket would go live in its current iteration.
    it's +7% of the rating you have, not 7% haste, 7% mastery etc.

e.g. if you had let's say 10k haste, it would give you another 700 haste. Considering that even in full BiS next tier, we won't have anywhere near enough numbers in both of those stats for the trinket to be considered broken. It's only the 7% bonus crit healing that is really strong, which is arguably balanced around the trinket not increasing your crit chance.

Blizzard are targeting healers that don't stack Spirit at the moment, and pushing them towards depending on it. This trinket obviously don't affect Spirit.

HTT doesn't heal for more they fixed that it heals the same. Same with HST, the amount of healing it does for resto is the same as it always has. If you are making a guide for 5.4 i think you should focus on changes and not everything since everything else has been out for over a year.

I think you need to scrap this video and start from scratch. Also you need to verify the changes on PTR vs Live instead of reading the updates from MMO. We all do that already.

In fact this whole guide is outdated and needs to be deleted

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    In fact this whole guide is outdated and needs to be deleted
    I just rerolled Resto Shaman, the guide at the top seems dated too. Can you tell me where to find a reliable, current guide?

Quote Originally Posted by fneelis View Post
    7613 (7116 for goblins) seems to be a must-have haste cap in like 530+ gear considering the Healing Rain 100% buff on ptr

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair warning; there was a bit of a jump in posting 4 posts above this. The thread was technically necroed, but since it's a pretty minor necro (just over the line, actually), is actually on-topic and contributing, and there's a possibility for the discussion to still be relevant since it's a 5.4 thread, I'm going to leave it up.

Just be aware of the dates on posts, folks.

The guide on Icy Veins is probably the most reasonably up to date guide that I have seen. It was terrible early in this expansion, but it looks like they cleaned up the erroneous information and it's now pretty solid.

I would recommend that we un-sticky the Resto guide on this forum. The original author has not been keeping it up to date, and there is a lot of advice on there that only works for people still doing 5.0 content. Much of it isn't relevant in 5.3, and definitely will be completely outdated for 5.4.

Deleted
    5.4 PTR Resto Shaman guide. Use Healing rain and laugh while you get 300k hps. Seriously, who thought that shit was fine?

icyveins, noxxic, lifeingroup5 (hes slower than others but his info is miles ahead of the others), totemspot, and sometimes elitestjerks (not as great as it used to be).

Add http://healiocentric.wordpress.com/ to the mix. She's very well informed as her main is a resto shaman.
    If you play healer alts, like me, her website will serve you well.