HC council tips, tricks and macros for demonology

Hey guys. I need some tips from the more experienced locks on how to maximize my dps on this fight. A buddy of mine gave me some macros to help manage the 100% crit dooms on the council members, but they don't seem to be working. They all look like this, but when I press them, nothing happens:

#showtooltip Doom /target Kazra'jin /cast [nostance] !metamorphosis /cast doom /targetlasttarget
    #showtooltip corruption /target Sul the Sandcrawler /cast [nostance] !metamorphosis /cast doom /targetlasttarget
    #showtooltip corruption /target Frost King Malakk /cast [nostance] !metamorphosis /cast doom /targetlasttarget
    #showtooltip corruption /target High Priestess Mar'li /cast [nostance] !metamorphosis /cast doom /targetlasttarget

I'm a total noob when it comes to macros, so if you have an idea on how to fix them, or if you have better macros of your own, please help me out.

Another problem that I face is the opening rotation. How do you guys do it? I personally throw 2 HoG on Sul(Because malakk is dragged next to him), and then spread some corruptions and dooms when lei shen procs. I also use Dark Soul during this time. After most of my targets are dotted up, I just touch of chaos them to maintain corruption, immolation aura if kazra bumps into sul and malakk, and spam soulfire to get my demonic fury back up fast.

Deleted
    replace /cast doom with /cast corruption. Due to latency, doom won't be allowed to be cast cause according to the server you're not in meta yet. If you replace it with corruption it'll still cast doom though.

As for the opener, start with your spells that don't instantly proc uvls (coe, DG, corruption, imp swarm, one hog). As soon as uvls procs, interrupt everything and cast doom on as many targets as possible. You should be able to cast crit buffed dooms on 3/4 bosses. after that just burn sul or another boss, depending on your tacts.

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...160#entry23479

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /use [form:0]Metamorphosis;[form:1]
    /use [@boss1] corruption

Make 4 similar macros with boss1, boss2, boss3, boss4, bind them at 4 close buttons mine are F1 to F4, when Perfect Aim procs, F1-F2-F3-F4, and you have 4 Dooms on 4 bosses, it switches to meta itself but you have to leave manually.
    Does effectively the same thing, however uses Boss# instead of name, making them usable for any encounter.

Off topic but not, Does anybody know which boss is which ID number for Council? I'd like to toss my first 3 dooms on everybody but Sul, since he dies quickly and would rather have my first 3 dooms on the targets that will be staying up.

You can put 4 dooms in 4 seconds proc if you practice a little, if I remember correctly, Frost King is boss1, High Priest is boss2, Kazra'jin is boss3 and Sul is boss4.

I dont like this boss 1 - 4 macro, when lei shen proccs when the loa spirit is up you are doomed. Better use the names in the macro, or multidot just manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    I dont like this boss 1 - 4 macro, when lei shen proccs when the loa spirit is up you are doomed. Better use the names in the macro, or multidot just manually.
    Why is that? Does it hijack a Boss#?

Thanks Sifonology

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Why is that? Does it hijack a Boss#?

Thanks Sifonology
    When the spirit spawns, it becomes "boss 1" and all the other bosses go up a slot (1->2, 4->5) etc, which can screw you up since you have no macro for 5 and all the others are now out of order.

#showtooltip Doom
    /stopcasting
    /cast [nostance] Metamorphosis
    /cast [stance:1, target=mouseover] Doom
    This works as a mousover alternative, first click is meta, second doom - works nicely with SUF, though I'm sure it's not optimal since it's just something I whipped up.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2013-06-28 at 05:38 PM.

That macro should cast Doom on first click, Metamorphosis isn't on GCD.

Thanks for the help guys. Is it worth using void ray to refresh corruption when there's 3 of the trolls stacked for it? That's when I usually pop immolation aura if I have enough demonic fury. I'm thinking about using void ray because it hits 3 targets and the corruption extension allows me to have a better uptime on the important targets(The possessed trolls, the Twisted fate ghosts etc).

Also, if I replace the boss numbers with names, do I only have to write the name of the actual bosses instead of @boss1, for example, like this? I am very bad at writing macros, sorry.

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /use [form:0]Metamorphosis;[form:1]
    /use [@Kazra'jin] corruption
    Last edited by Sinitar; 2013-07-01 at 10:01 AM.

You cannot do like that. You have to do /target Kazra'jin /use Corruption /targetlasttarget. Also I use boss 1-4 because I don't wanna swap macros for every fight. I use boss1 one on even single target fights.

Is there any chance you can tell me what I can do to fix the macros I linked in the first post or improve the boss numbers one so that they each match a council member without changing when a loa spirit spawns? I tried to do what rables told me and replace /cast doom with /cast corruption but the damned things are still not working.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    Is there any chance you can tell me what I can do to fix the macros I linked in the first post or improve the boss numbers one so that they each match a council member without changing when a loa spirit spawns? I tried to do what rables told me and replace /cast doom with /cast corruption but the damned things are still not working.
    Impossible to do, the boss numbers themselves are what change once the spirit spawns.

You'd either
    a) have to remember to use the macro +1 of what you usually use whenever a spirit spawns
    b) Not have macros set up for each boss, instead mouseover target frames (SUF is good for this)
    c) Have a macro for each boss with

/target (troll boss)
    /cast meta / doom conditions
    /targetlasttarget

If you set 4 of those up, they'd work, but iirc targetlasttarget interacts oddly when you're targeting the same target your macro is assigned to hit (so if you're dpsing sul and you press the "dot sul" macro, it'll spaz out) - could be wrong on that, since usually if I'm using a tarlasttarget macro it's for things that are being ignored, not being target switched to regularly like council.