Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I just hope they stop experimenting so much trying to find out exactly how big of a timesink they can plaster over everything.

I also hope they just forget about "cheap" scenarios and all that crap, just make actual "expensive" dungeons every tier.

Flex raiding looks like a flop too. I hope next expansion normal and heroic raiding will be flexible 11-24 instead of bloating gear even further with yet another ilvl bracket.
    That's a great way... to completely kill a franchise. Just doing same old isn't going to keep customers, they have to experiment.
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    There will be 2 new races for sure.

Depending on how many levels (5 or 10) we may also see a third neutral race and a hero class (Ethereal and Demon Hunter respectively) added.
    Levels are arbitrary. They can set it to whatever they think is appropriate, which has nothing to do with the number of new races and classes introduced.
    The only thing it really affects is how smoothly your ratings drop off.

10+ Year Old Account
    GC already said its easier for them to add a new class and balance around than adding a 4th spec to every other class.

Hope they add the demon Hunter class as a hero class, not because of the level gap, but because (i hope) every race will be able to be.

A ranged class would be nice too, like hunters but without pets and without so many traps, something like a mage, but with guns/bows.

For a new race i doubt, they said they want all the old races to be at pandaren lvl, so a new race would probably be better than the pandaren model, making the new revamped models seens old because it would not be at the same lvl of the new race.

I also would like player housing, that would be awesome.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the next expansion has us invading the legions home world, I would be down to see some kind of neutral demon race or some such thing.

Id also love to see a tinker class introduced to the game
    Last edited by Lethey Alexandros; 2013-06-28 at 08:50 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's a great way... to completely kill a franchise. Just doing same old isn't going to keep customers, they have to experiment.

Levels are arbitrary. They can set it to whatever they think is appropriate, which has nothing to do with the number of new races and classes introduced.
    The only thing it really affects is how smoothly your ratings drop off.
    Actually, levels are not arbitrary. Levels indicate how much content they intend to add.

Keep in mind Expansion V will come out during WoW's 10th anniversary year. It's the perfect time for Blizz to do something big, like bringing back the 10-level expansion, with 3 races and a class. Actually, it could do well to bring in new players (or old ones) as well.

If they do 5 levels, expect another business as usual expansion with only 2 races.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

There will be 2 new races for sure.

Depending on how many levels (5 or 10) we may also see a third neutral race and a hero class (Ethereal and Demon Hunter respectively) added.
    I believe they wont ever do separate races for each faction again. The only way to make everyone happy is to take a popular neutral race and have them chose a side. The next race will probably ethereal.

Argus, new models, revamped class animations and I'm sold so easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    I believe they wont ever do separate races for each faction again. The only way to make everyone happy is to take a popular neutral race and have them chose a side. The next race will probably ethereal.
    Ogre.

That is the only reason we will see 2 races. There's one player-wanted, historically-alligned race that hasn't been added yet.

Alliance will get some token thing like High Elf or Broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    GC already said its easier for them to add a new class and balance around than adding a 4th spec to every other class.

Hope they add the demon Hunter class as a hero class, not because of the level gap, but because (i hope) every race will be able to be.

A ranged class would be nice too, like hunters but without pets and without so many traps, something like a mage, but with guns/bows.

For a new race i doubt, they said they want all the old races to be at pandaren lvl, so a new race would probably be better than the pandaren model, making the new revamped models seens old because it would not be at the same lvl of the new race.

I also would like player housing, that would be awesome.
    Ghostcrawler says a lot of crap that turns out to be the oppoiste of reality. And we already have player housing. You got a farm that you can unlock a mail box, a repair vendor, and set your hearthstone to. That is the extent of what you get, as they have stated time and again, that the player housing that a minority of the player base is calling for (and really, if you want to play house like that, play the Sims) is not going to happen as they want the players out in the world and not hiding in an instanced area.

I'm hoping for more race/class combinations because being able to play a Blood Elf Druid would be awesome!

Ogre.

That is the only reason we will see 2 races. There's one player-wanted, historically-alligned race that hasn't been added yet.

Alliance will get some token thing like High Elf or Broken.
    High Elves are already in the game. Physically the are the same as Blood Elves.And broken are subrace of Draenei.

They wont add either of them as player races,except as a appearance choice in character creation (along with things like Wildhammer/Dark Iron Dwarves). And with the backlash of hatred they got over the lack of Worgen development over goblin (which is due to the bias of Blizzard developers for Horde, and Metzen in particualar, but that is a battle to be fought elsewhere) they can't afford to have that happen again. The only equitable solution is to release a single race that would could logically join both sides (like Pandarens). That way there is one singe starting experience and no faction gets the short stick.

And ogres wont ever be added (no matter how much a vocal minority begs) because they are physically too big to be a player race. If we are dealing with the Burning Legion again next expansion (I have a post suggesting a Titan expansion first, though), then the next player race will be Ethereal.
    Last edited by Daswolfen; 2013-06-28 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler says a lot of crap that turns out to be the oppoiste of reality. And we already have player housing. You got a farm that you can unlock a mail box, a repair vendor, and set your hearthstone to. That is the extent of what you get, as they have stated time and again, that the player housing that a minority of the player base is calling for (and really, if you want to play house like that, play the Sims) is not going to happen as they want the players out in the world and not hiding in an instanced area.
    Why is not going to happen? They already said the farm was more sucessful than they expected. Also i cant invite players to my farm and you dont see to ever have played Ultima Online or Arche Age right? That the kind of player housing i want (wich will never happen in wow i guess) but something instanced/phased wich i can bring players to it would be awesome.

And players would not be hiding in their houses if they want do World Bosses or the festivities or pet battles or any other event that may come. And as far i remember you still need to fly to raid entrance for normal/heroic. Hell, player housing would even encourage player to go outside to hunt some relic or monster or w/e is the reward to put in ther houses.

Like you said, Blizz said many things they wont do. Then after awhile, they did it. So yeah, i hope they add player housing in some point, be in the next xpack or the next..or..the next...well, one day ^^.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Actually, levels are not arbitrary. Levels indicate how much content they intend to add.

Keep in mind Expansion V will come out during WoW's 10th anniversary year. It's the perfect time for Blizz to do something big, like bringing back the 10-level expansion, with 3 races and a class. Actually, it could do well to bring in new players (or old ones) as well.

If they do 5 levels, expect another business as usual expansion with only 2 races.
    This would be kinda neat... the big idea, not the small one.

And I still think High Elves are possible, if they were High Elves that got caught in the explosion and 'changed', or traveled to another world and 'changed'. Slightly more buff or slim, I don't really care, but one idea that caught my eye was arcane power glowing from the veins in their body, and a more prominent eye-glow. Possibly paler or blue-ish tinted skin, as well.

Of course, I'd be happy with Arakkoa or Ethereals just as much as High Elves. There are a lot of races they could add. HElves/Ogres+Ethereals would be an awesome combination in my book. Demon Hunter would, again, be nifty.

Pandaria was, overall (in my opinion) a step in the right direction. Let's just hope they don't take two steps back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    This would be kinda neat... the big idea, not the small one.

And I still think High Elves are possible, if they were High Elves that got caught in the explosion and 'changed', or traveled to another world and 'changed'. Slightly more buff or slim, I don't really care, but one idea that caught my eye was arcane power glowing from the veins in their body, and a more prominent eye-glow. Possibly paler or blue-ish tinted skin, as well.

Of course, I'd be happy with Arakkoa or Ethereals just as much as High Elves. There are a lot of races they could add. HElves/Ogres+Ethereals would be an awesome combination in my book. Demon Hunter would, again, be nifty.

Pandaria was, overall (in my opinion) a step in the right direction. Let's just hope they don't take two steps back.
    HElf doesn't need to look radically different to be viable.

Maybe slightly darker skin tone (as HElves have been known to use moonwells in place of the sunwell), more lithe appearance (bulk the Blood Elves up a bit since they've been actively fighting Undead and Demons for years), and different class choices could be enough for me.

All they need is a unique silhouette compared to BElves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Why is not going to happen? They already said the farm was more sucessful than they expected. Also i cant invite players to my farm and you dont see to ever have played Ultima Online or Arche Age right? That the kind of player housing i want (wich will never happen in wow i guess) but something instanced/phased wich i can bring players to it would be awesome.

And players would not be hiding in their houses if they want do World Bosses or the festivities or pet battles or any other event that may come. And as far i remember you still need to fly to raid entrance for normal/heroic. Hell, player housing would even encourage player to go outside to hunt some relic or monster or w/e is the reward to put in ther houses.

Like you said, Blizz said many things they wont do. Then after awhile, they did it. So yeah, i hope they add player housing in some point, be in the next xpack or the next..or..the next...well, one day ^^.
    I have no idea what that second one is, but Ultima Online, while one of the first MMORPGS, is not something WoW will steal ideas from as it is a dying game. And player housing will lead to people just sitting in their houses (or guild houses which some people want), waiting for LFR/LFD/BG to pop. It wont lead to anyone venturing any farther out into the world at max level than they do now.

The farm is popular because you can gather mats for crafting without going out into the world to get them.

Hate burst your bubble, but I can guarantee you will NEVER see customizable player housing in WoW like you want. You overestimate the number players that want something like that, and that takes resources away from developing something that the majority of the players REALLY want.

10+ Year Old Account
    In addition to what everyone already said, I hope they'll bring meaningful non-raid based crafting in the game.
    BS weapons are a nice start, but it needs to be expanded badly.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

HElf doesn't need to look radically different to be viable.

Maybe slightly darker skin tone (as HElves have been known to use moonwells in place of the sunwell), more lithe appearance (bulk the Blood Elves up a bit since they've been actively fighting Undead and Demons for years), and different class choices could be enough for me.

All they need is a unique silhouette compared to BElves.
    The silhouette idea went out the window with Pandarens. Also, if they give a fully different race to Horde and a reskinned blood elf to Alliance, they will loose 90% of the Alliance players and probably have some nutjob try and burn down Blizzard HQ like Milton Waddams. There are too many elves in the game as it is and both sides have one.

For me, if they add High Elves, as the Alliance race, I will probably quit.

New mercenary race: Ethereals
    New class: Warp-Tinker

Competing to open the secrets of a long-lost Titan waygate, rival teams of gnome and goblin engineers stumble through and find a world under heavy assault by the Burning Legion. The ragged remnant of an Ethereal syndicate are pinned down, weary from wave after wave of attacks. Infernals smash against the force fields. The perimeter cannons are choked with the corpses of slain Gan'arg. The parties from Azeroth quickly choose a side and turn the tide of the battle, repurposing Titan and ethereal technology to craft weapons of devastating power. Triumphant, they return through the waygate, and each Ethereal chooses a faction to support in the coming battles with the Legion. In the meantime, they impart their mechanical knowledge to their rescuers, resulting in a new breed of Tinker.

Ahhh...I can dream.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2013-06-28 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The silhouette idea went out the window with Pandarens. Also, if they give a fully different race to Horde and a reskinned blood elf to Alliance, they will loose 90% of the Alliance players and probably have some nutjob try and burn down Blizzard HQ like Milton Waddams. There are too many elves in the game as it is and both sides have one.

For me, if they add High Elves, as the Alliance race, I will probably quit.
    You completely missed my point there.

The reason they need a unique silhouette isn't for PvP, it's to avoid the "reskinned BElf" argument. Unique animations, distinct model.

Alternatively, and now we're getting into a very gray area; make the BElves go neutral, add Ogres to replace the BElves, and introduce Etheral as a 2nd new (and 2nd neutral) race.

This too is my first time posting on MMO (i think). I don't even have a slight hint as to what the company is working on for the next xpac but I personally would love to see them bring things down a notch. I know that's a vague statement and I guess what I mean is everything seems to be too complex (for the players as well as the team developing the game) ie, if 78.2% of "A" complains about this mechanic then we can change it, but it will affect B, C, D and E or we can do "this change" and make it to where it only affects B, C and D but then X Y and Z will be affected but only by E and F.

It just reminds me of a huge out of control flowchart if you could sum up the state of [the back end] of wow right now in a flow chart (which I am sure you cant). I think they should make the next xpac and future patches move towards a more centralized system, integrating and simplifying things, and I mean that internally, not "dumb down" the game, its had enough of that. I know some enjoy spending countless hours min/max'ing everything and visiting multiple sites a day, and sometimes just on one single item/change. I would think that the % of those players would be small, from what I have gathered, most of the WoW players just...well, simply put, want to play WoW. I think its a move in the right direction with the introduction of the integrated "support browser" in the game which I am sure that will lead to move features of this nature. I know the game will never be truly balanced, only way for that to happen is for Blizzard to have made 2 separate games from the beginning, one PvE and one PvP--but they spend years and years trying to balance what they have, my hats are off to them. I would have gave up a long time ago in that aspect.

Me personally, I would love to see another race, preferebly the Ethereal race or the Pearlfin Jinyu and also faster responses to dead servers and more flexibility for BoA items to go cross account (for those of us that have 2 accounts).

Deleted
    I hope they bring back 5 mans, or at least have mini bosses in Scenarios that drop "catch up" loot. Gearing via LFR is just horrible with the low droprates.