Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Why is thrall so powerful?

I wonder why thrall is the prime shaman even though there is nothing to give its powers. It's almost like he was chosen by the elements for some reason.
    Orcs have turned their backs to shamanism.
    Thrall did not even get a huge shaman training. Was he born with it? Was he destined to be?

Deleted
    Because Metzen gave him a wonderful power called "plot"

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall was trained by the Frostwolves. Then he got even more training in Nagrand. He has been in constant communion with the elements. He is more powerful because he has the full cooperation/support of the elements.

Asking for the favor of the Spirit of Life, Thrall summoned two spectral beings—spirit wolves, transparent and misty, but every bit as dangerous as the more corporeal kind. He had created such manifestations before, but now, with the willing aid of the Spirit of Life, the wolves were even stronger.
    --Tides of War
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-06-29 at 12:44 AM.

"In one of the most spiritual experiences of his life, Thrall befriended the spirits of Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and the Wilds. He became the first new shaman since Gul'dan's vile corruption of the Horde. He returned to the camp a new orc and became fully immersed in the old ways of the shaman and his clan, embracing his role as son of the chieftain. This was a significant and symbolic event, since Thrall was the first shaman to be accepted by the spirits since Drek'Thar's time. Not only did this mean Thrall would be destined to be one of the greatest shamans in orcish history, but it also meant that the spirits finally forgave the orcish race for consorting with demonic powers, and deemed Thrall as the first of a brand new generation of shamans."

Source.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korrah View Post
    "In one of the most spiritual experiences of his life, Thrall befriended the spirits of Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and the Wilds. He became the first new shaman since Gul'dan's vile corruption of the Horde. He returned to the camp a new orc and became fully immersed in the old ways of the shaman and his clan, embracing his role as son of the chieftain. This was a significant and symbolic event, since Thrall was the first shaman to be accepted by the spirits since Drek'Thar's time. Not only did this mean Thrall would be destined to be one of the greatest shamans in orcish history, but it also meant that the spirits finally forgave the orcish race for consorting with demonic powers, and deemed Thrall as the first of a brand new generation of shamans."

Source.
    Until Garrosh was like FUCK THAT we're going to torture the elementals and go back to some sort of power but this time OLD GODS!

GOOD PLOT METZEN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Until Garrosh was like FUCK THAT we're going to torture the elementals and go back to some sort of power but this time OLD GODS!

GOOD PLOT METZEN
    I agree, pretty good plot indeed.

10+ Year Old Account

GOOD PLOT METZEN
    Thrall probly keeps his involvement with Garrosh to himself when he communes with the elemental spirits.

GOOD PLOT METZEN
    yup, that sounds like Metzen.

10+ Year Old Account
    oooh here we go again.

'Metzens durr durr mary sue durr durr I have no clue about story or development durr durr'

Seen it to many times to count.

but for those of your that actually are capable of forming a collective interest in this rather then jumping on the 'every character I dislike is a mary sue' train.. The reason Thrall is regarded as the worlds most powerful shaman is because the same reason Malfurion is the worlds most powerful druid, or Jaina is the worlds most power sorcerer, or Velen is the worlds most powerful priest, or Warrior is the avatar of the wolf god, or Saurfang can cleave shit and not stop.. BECAUSE THATS HOW THE STORY MAKES THEM.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    Thrall's ball's; they're everywhere!
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Why is Jaina so powerful?

Same question different character no real reason other than "cus shut up thats why".
    Because theres a thing called a story telling you how they became that way, it doesn't just happen for no dam reason.

And accusing one character of being OP in wow, when more then half the cast of characters have powers of super heroes, you know, from creators and developers who confessed to growing up on reading comic book heroes, it stands to there creators own sense of logic how they write these characters.

Why do you think warcraft is set in a world of magic, steam punk tech, characters with almighty powers ans super villains wanting to take over or destroy the world?

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 02:39 AM ----------

It isn't just Thrall, most major characters are powerful, beyond anything the player's avatar is capable of.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Why is Jaina so powerful?

Same question different character no real reason other than "cus shut up thats why".
    Pretty much this, we could ask the question about a lot of different characters. If we take the time to read this page others have already posted why he is so strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oooh here we go again.

'Metzens durr durr mary sue durr durr I have no clue about story or development durr durr'

Seen it to many times to count.

but for those of your that actually are capable of forming a collective interest in this rather then jumping on the 'every character I dislike is a mary sue' train.. The reason Thrall is regarded as the worlds most powerful shaman is because the same reason Malfurion is the worlds most powerful druid, or Jaina is the worlds most power sorcerer, or Velen is the worlds most powerful priest, or Warrior is the avatar of the wolf god, or Saurfang can cleave shit and not stop.. BECAUSE THATS HOW THE STORY MAKES THEM.
    I like thrall back from Warcraft 3 he's a cool carachter, but not even you can´t deny he became a mary sue in dragon soul
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Why do you think warcraft is set in a world of magic, steam punk tech, characters with almighty powers ans super villains wanting to take over or destroy the world?
    Because that's how the Great Green Arkleseizure makes them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he's Green Jesus. >.>
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    I like thrall back from Warcraft 3 he's a cool carachter, but not even you can´t deny he became a mary sue in dragon soul
    No, because people base that on absolute BS. As some have already pointed out there, people called Thrall a sue because he became powerful in cata.. Well Malfurion is already the most powerful druid to ever live and Jaina has become the worlds most powerful mage on azeroth, so that logics out.
    and Thrall being the central focus in cata, what, an expansion where the elements were thrown out of whack, you expect a powerful shaman whos a central lore character to NOT get involved? Again, no logic the statement.

People just say mary sue because there tools, they heard someone token it who based it on bad reasoning, and like a fart in the wind it carried.

I can take any other character from warcraft, and give it the same reasoning as whats used here.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    Because Metzen gave him a wonderful power called "plot"
    Pretty much covers it.

I asked myself this very same question: "When did Thrall become Azeroth's most powerful Shaman"

The last time prior to this was him using them in "Lord of the Clans" to help him escape... and that's pretty much it. (Note: I never played WCIII - so I assume that game has some shaman stuff in there too?)

The next case from that point on of when his Shaman powers were brought up would be at Blizzcon when Metzen told us "Thrall is Azaroth's most powerful Shaman".

...seriously... there was no transition at all. Just Metzen declaring him as such...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall went to the University of Orgrimmar.. not Razorhill Communtiy College.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Pretty much this, we could ask the question about a lot of different characters. If we take the time to read this page others have already posted why he is so strong.
    9 times out of 10, those that say it also say they can't be bothered to read the novels to find how the lore works, and say only the game can tell them.

Its like trying to explain to someone the bible is constantly reinterpreted, and you need to find your own method of understanding it, but of course, some just want to be told from one source only.

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 02:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    Thrall went to the University of Orgrimmar.. not Razorhill Communtiy College.
    is that why we've taken it over now for the rebellion?
    #boycottchina

Well storm earth and fire do heed his call so it stands to reason that he would be powerful