Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That client string makes it seem like it's a fight specific buff, or perhaps instance specific (pick up the buff in Vale when you start the instance) to limit the power outside of raids.

The caster proc seems underwhelming, melee one seems incredibly powerful, will have to see how they pan out. Was hoping for spec specific ones to be honest.

After killing feng and before doing garajal trash in msv, loremaster cho says theres a legendary weapon or power in the vaults (or something along those lines). Possible it could be tied to the legendary? Or was that reference covered with the will of the emperor encounter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by J-sPeEd View Post
    After killing feng and before doing garajal trash in msv, loremaster cho says theres a legendary weapon or power in the vaults (or something along those lines). Possible it could be tied to the legendary? Or was that reference covered with the will of the emperor encounter.
    Its in Reference to the Stuff you see during the last 2 bosses in there.

Quote Originally Posted by vaccine View Post
    That client string makes it seem like it's a fight specific buff, or perhaps instance specific (pick up the buff in Vale when you start the instance) to limit the power outside of raids.

The caster proc seems underwhelming, melee one seems incredibly powerful, will have to see how they pan out. Was hoping for spec specific ones to be honest.
    don't think that should be the case, either that isn't the real proc or something else is up. no way they are going to give us a legendary only to put a limit around it.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

If the DPS one can proc poisons for Assassination Rogues then it's going to be imba with any sort of semi-decent proc rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigapples View Post
    If the DPS one can proc poisons for Assassination Rogues then it's going to be imba with any sort of semi-decent proc rate.
    But then if it doesn't proc poisons it will be terrible, considering how tiny Assassination's weapon damage is compared to other classes.

Hoping that we'll be able to choose whichever cloak we want similar to the 600 ilvl cloak since I took the caster dps cloak as a resto druid. Not like 10k will break my bank but I've already spent about 50k on legendary items already (3 Sha gems, 7 or so Eyes, 5 or so Crown of Heavens).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Hoping that we'll be able to choose whichever cloak we want similar to the 600 ilvl cloak since I took the caster dps cloak as a resto druid. Not like 10k will break my bank but I've already spent about 50k on legendary items already (3 Sha gems, 7 or so Eyes, 5 or so Crown of Heavens).
    I would assume (based on the new string about requiring the cloak of virtue) the legendary part is just an item you use on your current cloak to turn it into the legendary and the proc's is set on each type as they are now (healer on spirit cloak, tank proc on the tanking cloaks and so forth) so if you want a different type than you initially selected you'll most likely have to buy the other version before turning it into a legendary. (or I'm sure there is another gold sink to swap it after as well, most likely you'll have to buy both the other 600 cloak and the new item to turn it into legendary)

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 04:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vaccine View Post

Actually it seems to me it will be an item used to turn your current cloak into the legendary. The current 600 cloaks are also categorized as Cloak of Virtue.

The caster proc while not bad doesn't scale like the melee one so that could be a potential issue, but its still early they can change things around yet.
    Last edited by mmocb2358cdeee; 2013-06-28 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    The caster proc while not bad doesn't scale like the melee one so that could be a potential issue, but its still early they can change things around yet.

Well, as long as the damage value is relevant for 5.4, it doesn't really have to scale :P This is the last raid tier.

For cleave fight like Council, the caster proc will be so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I hope not, can you imagine how 25 man raids are going to look? The bosses in Orgrimmar so far are quite crowded and small already.
    Maybe if you only see an animation for your own proc. (I'm not sure it's necessary myself, raid graphics are already intense enough as it is imo.)

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    But then if it doesn't proc poisons it will be terrible, considering how tiny Assassination's weapon damage is compared to other classes.
    Out of curiosity, what other classes? For example, I play a ret paladin alt (assassination main) and like rogues very little of ret paladins' damage is physical. Most of it by far is holy.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Envar View Post
    The DPS one's going to be VERY effective on my brewmaster.. Like it.
    Possibly a reason to go 2H again, if it doesn't combine main and offhand damage.
    Was wondering about that. I kind of figure that dual wielders (2x1.8 speed) will just proc twice as frequently as two-handers (1x3.6 speed).
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-06-28 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Out of curiosity, what other classes? For example, I play a ret paladin alt (assassination main) and like rogues very little of ret paladins' damage is physical. Most of it by far is holy.
    What matters, at least given the current information, is not the % of damage you deal as physical, but how much damage you do with each individual hit.

Probably has been said...

but is it just me, or should every single heroic raider use the tank one? I guess it would make DPS checks harder, but having 25 people have an ankh every minute seems pretty amazing.... cut down to 1 healer on 10 man and 2-3 healers on 25 man

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Probably has been said...

but is it just me, or should every single heroic raider use the tank one? I guess it would make DPS checks harder, but having 25 people have an ankh every minute seems pretty amazing.... cut down to 1 healer on 10 man and 2-3 healers on 25 man
    You dont magially get hps from the tank cloak. Even tanks are probably not gonna use the tank cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    You dont magially get hps from the tank cloak. Even tanks are probably not gonna use the tank cloak.
    Depending on how it works (old rogue's cheat death vs current Ardent defender) might be able to not bother using raid CD's for big one time hits to the point of semi game-breaking. If everyone has it, think H primordius hitting black blob or dark animus enrage except it doesn't actually kill you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Depending on how it works (old rogue's cheat death vs current Ardent defender) might be able to not bother using raid CD's for big one time hits to the point of semi game-breaking. If everyone has it, think H primordius hitting black blob or dark animus enrage except it doesn't actually kill you
    By the wording of it, it just simply negates the hit the kills you. So if you are at 400k health and get hits for 2 million, you are 400k health, if you are at 10k health and gets hit for 15k, you are at 10k health.

Either way, it is not gonna let your drop any healers. If anything it can be used to cheese a mechanic on some fights, but it will come at the cost of a lot of dps, that dps could possibly be more game-breaking than the tank cloak proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    By the wording of it, it just simply negates the hit the kills you. So if you are at 400k health and get hits for 2 million, you are 400k health, if you are at 10k health and gets hit for 15k, you are at 10k health.

Either way, it is not gonna let your drop any healers. If anything it can be used to cheese a mechanic on some fights, but it will come at the cost of a lot of dps, that dps could possibly be more game-breaking than the tank cloak proc.
    Actually getting say extra X seconds after one ability that was suppose to 1 shot you till the next one can be fairly fairly nice and make easier enrages. Plus the only ones who would be suffering from that are casters and range. Str somewhat, and agility the least.

But yes, unless they make some sort of rare but hard hitting aoe mechanics i guess might be useless.

15+ Year Old Account
    That melee cloak should be very useful even in the next expansion, maybe even at level 100. 60% of weapon damage to all nearby enemies, 6 times. Though I can foresee that it will soon get a "Only works when below level 95" :P Not yet though, as that would be a spoiler about the next level cap.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Actually getting say extra X seconds after one ability that was suppose to 1 shot you till the next one can be fairly fairly nice and make easier enrages. Plus the only ones who would be suffering from that are casters and range. Str somewhat, and agility the least.

But yes, unless they make some sort of rare but hard hitting aoe mechanics i guess might be useless.
    Yes, this has the potential to be strong on mechanics like static shock on Lei-Shen, it could be very strong on some encounters, but that would still be a niche more than a requirement. Also nothing stop blizzards from putting modifiers on those bosses that makes the cloak not proc similarly how some abilities do not proc AD, rather just kill you instead.

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    That melee cloak should be very useful even in the next expansion, maybe even at level 100. 60% of weapon damage to all nearby enemies, 6 times. Though I can foresee that it will soon get a "Only works when below level 95" :P Not yet though, as that would be a spoiler about the next level cap.
    Similarly to tiny abomination in a jar from ICC, I think it is safe to assume this cloak wont function in the next expac.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they link the procs to specific cloaks, and make it so the procs only work if you're in the correct spec.