Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Steady shot, and by extension cobra shot, shouldn't be castable while moving. It's called STEADY SHOT, what is STEADY about moving. For all balance purposes, hunter's could just lose the mobility of such a change and gain some damage in other places.
    you Sir are just Plain stupid steady shot was implented Cuz the only thing we could was spamming CDs without filler steady Mean dat wie could rely on it when ever we want To cast something now gtfo
    Last edited by mmocbef063ebb3; 2013-06-28 at 06:59 AM.

Deleted
    Hunters have a lot of things that shouldn't be happening.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 06:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arkets View Post
    you Sir are just Plain stupid steady shot was implented Cuz the only thing we could was spamming CDs without filler steady Meran dat wie could rely in it when eher wie want Tod fast something now gtfo
    Looks like the writing engine had a serious malfunction there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Hunters have a lot of things that shouldn't be happening.

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 06:59 AM ----------

Looks like the writing engine had a serious malfunction there.
    autocorrect ;/ shouldn't use Smartphone 4 it

Deleted
    Rename if focus shot. Solved.

I'd be such a good dev :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Ahaha firing a snake at people would be hilarious.
    You never casted Cobra Shot ? It does exactly that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    they always could just make filler castable on move, (For all casters)
    This, so much this. I would LOVE that on my shadowpriest. Hunters, Shamans Lightning Bolt (not sure about if they need the glyph still), locks "prenerf" etc.

I have banished Ragnaros, killed Onyxia, beheaded Nefarian in his own lair, killed (banished) C'thun, a fucking Old God, in his own prison complex, killed Magtheridon, cleared out the demon and spirit infestation of Karazhan, killed Vashj, Kael'thas, Archimonde, Illidan, defeated banished Kil'jaeden, the current leader of the most destructive intergalactic force that is the Burning Legion, killed Kel'thuzad the catspaw of the Lich King, killed the Aspect of Magic Malygos, killed Sartharion and his guards to make sure Twilight Dragons didn't take to the skies, killed (banished) Yogg-Saron, another Old God, defeated Algalon, the exterminator of the guys who made the planet we live on, killed the Lich King himself after invading his own sanctum, killed zombie Nefarian and zombie Onyxia (will they never learn?), killed Cho'gall and his C'thun following minions, killed Sinestra, the prime consort of Deathwing himself, vapourized the Elemental Lord of Air Al'akir, invaded the fiery realm of the Firelands in order to kill Ragnaros once and for all, killed Deathwing himself after he tried to blow up the world again multiple times, ventured into a distant forgotten land that carries many secrets and defeated various creatures who carry the taint of an Old God and those that seek to oppress everyone, and pretty soon we will come face to face with the evil heart of that Old God.

And I've done my share of poop quests throughout the past many years.

Pretty sure I can fire a shot steadily while moving.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    While the OP is correct in theory- focus was twice added to the hunter class to prevent them from doing full dps on the move, and both times the restriction was removed- it is stated dev intent that the hunter niche be mobile ranged dps.

I really don't think it gets any clearer than that. Yes, we know the history of the move- the whole point of it was exactly that, hence the name. But that's not the current intention with WoW.

PERSONALLY- I think that at most one hunter spec should be that mobile, and it should be tuned lower (hunters appear to be tuned lower than other pure ranged dps, and probably than ranged dps in general). Then another spec could reward stationary play with the damage that many other ranged get. As a pure class, hunters should be able to choose out of three niches, not be married to one.
    I quite like that idea, I vote MM for huge standing still dps, with no filler while moving =D PEW PEW PEW!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    I have banished Ragnaros, killed Onyxia, beheaded Nefarian in his own lair, killed (banished) C'thun, a fucking Old God, in his own prison complex, killed Magtheridon, cleared out the demon and spirit infestation of Karazhan, killed Vashj, Kael'thas, Archimonde, Illidan, defeated banished Kil'jaeden, the current leader of the most destructive intergalactic force that is the Burning Legion, killed Kel'thuzad the catspaw of the Lich King, killed the Aspect of Magic Malygos, killed Sartharion and his guards to make sure Twilight Dragons didn't take to the skies, killed (banished) Yogg-Saron, another Old God, defeated Algalon, the exterminator of the guys who made the planet we live on, killed the Lich King himself after invading his own sanctum, killed zombie Nefarian and zombie Onyxia (will they never learn?), killed Cho'gall and his C'thun following minions, killed Sinestra, the prime consort of Deathwing himself, vapourized the Elemental Lord of Air Al'akir, invaded the fiery realm of the Firelands in order to kill Ragnaros once and for all, killed Deathwing himself after he tried to blow up the world again multiple times, ventured into a distant forgotten land that carries many secrets and defeated various creatures who carry the taint of an Old God and those that seek to oppress everyone, and pretty soon we will come face to face with the evil heart of that Old God.

That made me lol so hard haha

Clearly some of you guys don't remember the joys of trying to finish a 2-second cast to regen 9 focus for 5k a shot on someone kiting you around the boxes in Dalaran Arena.

If they unhook focus regen from Steady/Cobra we might be able to talk. There's no way I would be happy going to back to moving out of fire and interrupting yet ANOTHER cast, being denied focus and losing DPS just because casting a stationary regen ability every few seconds doesn't mesh well with PvP or PvE encounter design.

Was it that long ago that so many have forgotten, or didn't experience it?

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    This, so much this. I would LOVE that on my shadowpriest. Hunters, Shamans Lightning Bolt (not sure about if they need the glyph still), locks "prenerf" etc.
    So where are you gonna get the resources to cast those fillers if you can't cast your focus regen shot? Hunters are in a completely different place than most classes, especially the other ranged classes. I don't think that registers with a lot of players. What are you gonna do when you get Focus Lightning on you during Jin'Rohk? Hit 3 arcane shots and spend the next 5 seconds looking pretty while all you do is kite the orb? Perhaps you could use the time to think about how fair it is that your rogue doesn't get focused lightning and can cloak the lightning storm on heroic so that he does't lose a single second of uptime. Then you could reflect on how your class was already as a disadvantage in terms of raw dps and how that, compounded with encounter mechanics, is essentially a finger in the eye.

And there are people who want to make this worse?
    Last edited by Karamok; 2013-06-29 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    You never casted Cobra Shot ? It does exactly that.
    Nah my hunter is still level 80 from wotlk days. Back when aspect of the viper made me super awesome on general vezaxx and all that.

I should get back into it, sounds like they are much more fun now. Although they nerfed the devilsaurs loud noises that so many melee dps admonished me for, but i enjoyed greatly. "RAWRRR DINOSAUR TIME". etc.

Accurate. As. Fuck.

If I can fire a shot steadily while being electrocuted by Jin'Rokh, I'm pretty sure I can shoot steadily while moving, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    - EXPLOSIVE Shot should actually explode
    WTB wrath beta Explosive Shot.

Complaining about the wrong thing here, mobility is good as is and no buffs or nerfs are needed in that area...

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Steady shot, and by extension cobra shot, shouldn't be castable while moving. It's called STEADY SHOT, what is STEADY about moving. For all balance purposes, hunter's could just lose the mobility of such a change and gain some damage in other places.
    i think the same it shouldnt. also steady shot shouldnt hit for 10k or 3k in pvp. whats the deal to cast a steadyshot if you are going to tickle your target, mind as well and call it tickleshot.

the problem with hunters and casting on the move is this "REGEN" hunters need to regen their resources, while other ppl either gain 2ndry resources or just plain regen without doing anything we cant do anything if we dont regen our main resource.

in fine with hunters losing casting steady cobra, barrage (this will kill this talent because once you stop 1 cast you pretty much are losing dps vs glaive toss) and aimshot as it used to be, but you gota give us regen as rogues have. you know 16 focus per sec while doing nothing. also you gota buff the living hell of steady, aim and cobra shot.

aimshot have same cast time than caos bolt. no matter how many CDs and even on elegon, horridon, jinrok or you name buff fight you can hit for over 400k, while caos bold hit for sometimes 3 mill.

steady/cobra with a cast while only still was a nuissance, hell I hate even now just having to cast something as a hunter. If you really wanna improve hunters make steady/cobra instant.

Have you ever tried to shoot a bow while running, let alone steadily? This is near impossible. Just kidding though, the OP has a terrible argument, that everything should be based solely on the name of the skill.

Anyways, it definitely feels like hunters are being taxed for being able to DPS on the run. Our DPS is mediocre when compared to other range as well as melee, though mechanics tend to hurt melee more.

Being able to move and DPS gives hunters a better competitive edge in PvP and when comparing yourself to middle/bad range, but at the higher end you just simply cannot compete with other range who know how to time their movement. I wouldnt mind going to Wrath or Cata implementation if that meant not being taxed, though I'm sure PvPers and some PvEers would cry, though they would be justified.
    Last edited by Teucer; 2013-06-29 at 07:05 PM.

Why is Steady Shot called Steady Shot if it's not steady?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, go home. There are better things to complain about in WoW.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    If they done that hunters wouldnt have a point anymore, every other class is almost at the stage of casting whilst moving, hunter pve dps is shit already. Leave us alone for god sake.
    Druid wants a word with you.