Question How much plat can one generally make by max level?

How easy or hard is it to make plat in RIFT?

You can have a general idea. Like in wow without doing much, just quests and dungeons you can end up with 3K-5K by max level buying flying training and everything. And that's just minimum.
    Similarly, how much plat can you easily make in RIFT without making conscious effort to do so?

I would also be interested in hearing your personal money making stories if you are willing to share. How much plat you got and how did you make it and what server etc?

Well, I can only provide a single anecdote, but I'm sitting at 130ish plat right now, and I'm level 48. I haven't sold anything on the auctioneer, and I haven't really spent any plat on anything other than 2 mounts. I've just been vendoring rewards that I don't need, and playing normally. So, I imagine, by the max level, as long as you're not spending your plat on stuff, you'll have at least a couple hundred.

Same here, I have one 60 and I think he had around 900-ish plat when he hit 60.

Now, I did sell a good deal of stuff while leveling from 50-60 on the auction house (yea for being a butcher). Cloth and Leather were good sellers. and by doing all the carnage quests I had a metric-assload of leather.

However, I already hit 60 when you sill had to pay for learning your skills from the train.

Also, there are several crafting recipies that cost 20 plat each, which I have yet to learn. I figure that I can go back and learn them if I ever need to use them.

Again, a single anecdotal piece of information

Might as well jump in here with another personal example. I usually hover around 500 plat. I raid a couple of times per week which means pruchasing weapon stones and elixirs, some plat for soul healing and enchants for whatever new gear I get. So I can easily drop down to 400 plat in a night, but bounce right back to 500 by just selling artifacts and stuff that I earned during the day.

Earning huge amounts of plat is too much effort for me, but having enough for anything regarded to endgame (maybe a few essences from AH and what I mentioned above, while maintaining an ok buffer) is rather easy. Never heard of people not having enough plat for item enchants etc. Also, if you are willing to open your wallet you can buy 1 REX for 7 euros and flip it for 800-900 plat, which should be enough for a while.
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

Making enough plat to cover all of your required purchases is as easy as just playing the game. Quests and junk drops give plenty for normal play.

My first character started at head start and not really using the AH more than a couple times she had enough money for all her mounts and crafting training to the then cap of level 50. Now, things after 50 are considerably more expensive, but you also get a ton more money doing things. I still don't use the AH much and I'm sitting at almost 1k plat.

Money is mostly trivial in Rift. Most of your wealth comes from killing mobs really.

The most important thing to note is there is like nothing to spend money on in Rift. Housing is the only true money sink. Every other expense in Rift is totally what-effin-ever.

I have like 4k plat with no effort or expenses besides travel. Which I don't really have to do- I get auto teleported almost everywhere for free.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-06-29 at 03:32 AM.

I make about 100p a day doing the few dailies that I actually bother doing, and I'm spending it all on runes. Mind you, I hit 60 about a week ago, so I have a lot of gearing up to do. If I had proper gear already, I figure I wouldn't need plat at all, especially that housing is not exactly my idea of fun.

I had about 500p by the time I hit 60, and that's without using AH at all. I know my guild mates (outfitters, especially) were in fact using AH and they were far more rich. I just never had the trader spirit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Money is mostly trivial in Rift. Most of your wealth comes from killing mobs really.

The most important thing to note is there is like nothing to spend money on in Rift. Housing is the only true money sink. Every other expense in Rift is totally what-effin-ever.

I have like 4k plat with no effort or expenses besides travel. Which I don't really have to do- I get auto teleported almost everywhere for free.
    Not really, you can spend several thousand plat on a single essense to upgrade. If you want to.

Gear upgrades are a one time thing though. Once character gear is sorted there are like no real expenses. And you just never stop making money, unless you don't really kill stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Gear upgrades are a one time thing though. Once character gear is sorted there are like no real expenses. And you just never stop making money, unless you don't really kill stuff.
    True, but i have 4 planer focus thingies i need to upgrade, thats 6lessers in four of them, and 4lessers in the other two....and i've seen the necessary drops go for neqrly 15k plat each.... You can never have too much plat....

But yeah, unles you aregoing cutting edge gearwise, you should generally just make enough plat by normal play to gradually make a profit.

I've seen many friends and guildies make a decent living early on. Actually, one of my guildmates made 150p yesterday, with no ability to post on the AH, and I'll add he's only level 31. Basically, anything on the ground that shines (aka is an artifact) can sell very well, depending on what it is.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Deleted
    I think for a lot of people it is easy enough to make around 100 plat in one day doing ther dailies, daily dungeon and daily PvP win. And it is easy enough to cover expenses of travel and such, but plat isn't that important but more all the different stones to buy gear, favor, planarite and whatnot

I think the only people that really have heavy expenses are hardcore PvPers since they buy perhabs 100 health and buff bottles a day, so they need a lot of plat to cover that expense. Also the fastest mount is a 1000 plat, and the biggest bags are on my server 100 plat, times 7.

Want to make some really good money? Make the black dye, they sell for 250 plat on my server!

10+ Year Old Account
    I had made about 10k plat by the time I hit 60 on my Rogue, just from using all 3 gathering professions and picking up anything I saw while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I had made about 10k plat by the time I hit 60 on my Rogue, just from using all 3 gathering professions and picking up anything I saw while leveling.
    Really? What server?