Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

@unsubbers if blizzard announced a *last* expansion to wow, would you return?

Had an interesting discussion with a mate who had quit wow early into mop after playing since launch and he said the only way he would return would be if blizzard announced it would be the last expansion, and i said why would that make you return? and he said to see how it all finished.

If the speculation of the legion expansion is true, and blizzard hypothetically announced it as the last, do you think many 'oldschool'ers' that made up wow's largest 12 mil subscription level would return to see wow's final send off?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    the "legion" would make MoP the last expansion for me. i already hated BC.. and any sort of return to it would just about kill WoW for me. there is a very tiny chance they could entice me to stay. but im really not looking forward to it. as an expansion i know its coming.. just hope its later rather then next.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quite a few may come back to check it out, but not many will stay longer than a month or two. Just like MoP. Old, boring game will still be old and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I never left, but I would be very disappointed if they did announce it as the last. My little heart would break.

If anything, that would finally make me quit. Instead of putting time and money into the game, knowing it'll be done once I hit the level cap, I could put that towards another game/mmo that may last me a lot longer.

I never quit but I do think it would cause a lot of people to return just to see how it ends. However, I do not think that it is gonna happen for atleast 3 more expansions, Legion isn't the only thing we've got left, don't forget about Emerald Dream, Azshara, Old Gods and stuff like that. And no, Emerald Dream is not "dealt" with it, Dawn of the Aspects novel had hints of the Nightmare coming back.

No, I wouldn't return. WoW (and all of its good lore, or for that matter, lore that mattered) ended when we killed the Lich King. I know it's the same for alot of other players I knew as well. Blizzard has shit all over their lore since we killed Arthas and I have no desire to ever come back. I had fun while I played, but completely lost interest with everything in-game once Cata hit. If there were any meaningful story content to see in the last expansion, I'd merely look it up on WoWwiki or watch it on youtube.

No, because no one wants to play a game that is no longer supported. Marketing anything as 'final' kills subs more than letting it fall into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    the "legion" would make MoP the last expansion for me. i already hated BC.. and any sort of return to it would just about kill WoW for me. there is a very tiny chance they could entice me to stay. but im really not looking forward to it. as an expansion i know its coming.. just hope its later rather then next.
    I completely don't agree with you.

I'm pretty sure many people would come back to WoW if they know that this time we're facing Burning Legion and Sargeras on Argus/Xoroth(other "planet"), and that we have a demon hunter class, and also if Illidan would came back then you'll see this game having it's prime-time.

Nope, not a chance that would tempt me back i'm afraid to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    No, I wouldn't return. WoW (and all of its good lore, or for that matter, lore that mattered) ended when we killed the Lich King. I know it's the same for alot of other players I knew as well. Blizzard has shit all over their lore since we killed Arthas and I have no desire to ever come back. I had fun while I played, but completely lost interest with everything in-game once Cata hit. If there were any meaningful story content to see in the last expansion, I'd merely look it up on WoWwiki or watch it on youtube.
    "TELL THEM ONLY THAT THE LICH KING IS DEAD, AND THAT WORLD OF WARCRAFT DIED WITH HIM!"

No, but seriously. LK had the best class mechanics by the end of the expansion. It was my favorite by far in terms of playing the game.

I wouldn't. I merely visit this website for information about future content and I'm curious about the next expansion, even if my expectations are very low. If my predictions are mostly true, there's a chance I'll drop all interest in the Warcraft universe once they reveal patch 6.0. It just gets more ridiculous the longer it drags...

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Had an interesting discussion with a mate who had quit wow early into mop after playing since launch and he said the only way he would return would be if blizzard announced it would be the last expansion, and i said why would that make you return? and he said to see how it all finished.

If the speculation of the legion expansion is true, and blizzard hypothetically announced it as the last, do you think many 'oldschool'ers' that made up wow's largest 12 mil subscription level would return to see wow's final send off?
    No.

The only reason I would return to WoW is if they started Legacy Vanilla and TBC and WOTLK servers. I have bought both expansions after WOTLK, and played each for 2 months max. 4 months play in 4 years. The new expansion would be more of the same (more Manga, Pokemon, Kung Fu pandas etc) so no.

For the record, I started playing in December 2005.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    One things for sure, hardcore players will be pissed to all hell if blizz announces that an expansion will be final. Think of all the time and money they put into the game...

and now think about the people who payed lots of real money for TCG items...

This game is going no where any time soon, the only thing that will end the game is lack of subs which would probably be less than 50 - 100k. Other MMORPGs are surviving on about that many.

Since WoW has like 7 or 8M subs still it has many years left in it, around 20ish years possibly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I'd return. For a few months. But then I resub for the first few months of all expansions, final or not.

I would not return for the final expansion unless the game was F2P at that point (in which case I might consider it).

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    One things for sure, hardcore players will be pissed to all hell if blizz announces that an expansion will be final. Think of all the time and money they put into the game...

and now think about the people who payed lots of real money for TCG items...
    The only real return on your investment in WoW is entertainment. The game will end at some point and if you look back and think "OMG now all that time and money I spent was just a waste" then you completely missed the point.

As for the people who paid for TCG items, they paid money for novelty stuff in a video game. If they for one instant thought they were getting any serious value then that's their fault they got duped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnosk View Post
    This game is going no where any time soon, the only thing that will end the game is lack of subs which would probably be less than 50 - 100k. Other MMORPGs are surviving on about that many.

Since WoW has like 7 or 8M subs still it has many years left in it, around 20ish years possibly.
    There is no way WoW will survive for another 20 years. I'm sure plenty of people will keep playing for many years to come, but subscriber numbers will continue to plummet and Blizzard will want to shift more focus towards new games. I imagine the next expansion or the one after it will be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    There is no way WoW will survive for another 20 years. I'm sure plenty of people will keep playing for many years to come, but subscriber numbers will continue to plummet and Blizzard will want to shift more focus towards new games. I imagine the next expansion or the one after it will be the last.
    You are crazy if you think WoW has 2 more expansions in it. It will last many years to come. Are you new to MMORPGs? for those of us that have been playing them for awhile we will remember ultima online, everquest, dark age of camelot just to name a few are all surviving after all these years on low sub numbers.

Subs down to 7 or 8M and you think the game is dead? out of your mind dude those games survive on around 100k or less subs. WoW has many more years in it yet. The day it's not profitable is the day they end it, till then they will continue to make expansions.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the legion but I'd still play and buy the expansion, I'll stick around until the end of wow.

It all depends on what is included in that expansion, what features, what changes etc. If it is just more of the same stuff that caused me to cancel then I wouldn't even consider returning.