Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Your #1 problem is you are using Noxxic for ANYTHING.
    You say that like Mages don't absolutely crush on basically every fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    You say that like Mages don't absolutely crush on basically every fight.
    That doesn't follow at all. I simply said Noxxic isn't a good resource.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't follow at all. I simply said Noxxic isn't a good resource.
    Yet it's accurate,I'm offering backed up stats to everything i said.You are just giving an opinion.It's very clear you play a mage.When you have the time play another class to see what its like to feel the effects of nerfs and see how the mage class can be as strong as they are in every aspect of the game (far superior than all other classes in most cases) and never get touched.Yes i know and have seen mage nerfs before but the amount of times those nerfs are reverted before the patch goes live is absurd.Thanks for your time i have nothing else to say on this matter.
    Here come the Irish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    Yet it's accurate,I'm offering backed up stats to everything i said.You are just giving an opinion.It's very clear you play a mage.When you have the time play another class to see what its like to feel the effects of nerfs and see how the mage class can be as strong as they are in every aspect of the game (far superior than all other classes in most cases) and never get touched.Yes i know and have seen mage nerfs before but the amount of times those nerfs are reverted before the patch goes live is absurd.Thanks for your time i have nothing else to say on this matter.
    No, noxxic is inaccurate and presents a distorted image of reality that is inaccurate. As for the classes I play, check the signature lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, noxxic is inaccurate and presents a distorted image of reality that is inaccurate. As for the classes I play, check the signature lol.

Still waiting on you to back up what you say.If it's inaccurate then prove it or otherwise you are just mouthing off to no end.
    Here come the Irish.

Where are your backed up stats?

Using a website that the entire community, besides yourself, knows is flawed isn't a stat

A quick browse of the top ranks on WoL for heroic both 10 and 25 shows a variety of classes ranking high. Are there mages? Yes there are mages, there are also locks, ele shamans, druids, tanks, and lots and lots of rogues. Hey there's even some dks, it seems that there is a pretty good balance of top dpsing classes that differ from fight to fight.

I think you are overreacting due to something that you experienced, maybe you were benched for a mage, we don't know, but you're pretty biased and you're using a broken website to champion a position. The real results show that you have nothing to stand on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting on you to back up what you say.If it's inaccurate then prove it or otherwise you are just mouthing off to no end.
    Honestly anyone who understand how Sim-C works and how noxxic gets the numbers from Sim-C knows why it is flawed. Since you don't, let me explain. 1.) It's theoretical. Theoretical NEVER translates to actual unless everyone is at 100% skill. 2.) Unmodified priority lists. Classes like feather warriors and festerblight DKs use different rotations to get higher DPS than what sim-c shows. 3.) Many classes have slight flaws in the Sim-C priority list, or play differently at different gear levels or skill levels than Sim-C shows. For some classes this appears as higher than realistic DPS numbers, for others it is lower. 4.) No fight this tier is patchwerk. Meaning classes that need to move but can't maintain optimal DPS while doing so while appear higher but in reality they won't. 5.) Some classes are easier to play than others, which impacts realistic DPS numbers but not theoretical. And many many more.

Deleted
    Hey, a question. I'm a blood DK with unholy OS, mostly using Festerblight for LFR. My guild's progress (as a family guild) is ... bad (we're on Horridon) but we're having fun trying to learn, and have no intention of finishing soon or even getting into H raiding. A question, however is - is 502 LFR feather 'viable' to be upgraded when comboed with Shado-Pan trinket (upgraded fully) - assuming we won't get to Ji-Kun before hitting... I don't know, 6.0?

Thanks in advance. (can't post links, so if you'd like to take a look at the rest it's Abominae - Earthen Ring EU)
    Last edited by mmoc4151504b84; 2013-06-18 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Additional info

Deleted
    Upgrade your feather, Abominae.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly anyone who understand how Sim-C works and how noxxic gets the numbers from Sim-C knows why it is flawed. Since you don't, let me explain. 1.) It's theoretical. Theoretical NEVER translates to actual unless everyone is at 100% skill. 2.) Unmodified priority lists. Classes like feather warriors and festerblight DKs use different rotations to get higher DPS than what sim-c shows. 3.) Many classes have slight flaws in the Sim-C priority list, or play differently at different gear levels or skill levels than Sim-C shows. For some classes this appears as higher than realistic DPS numbers, for others it is lower. 4.) No fight this tier is patchwerk. Meaning classes that need to move but can't maintain optimal DPS while doing so while appear higher but in reality they won't. 5.) Some classes are easier to play than others, which impacts realistic DPS numbers but not theoretical. And many many more.
    Again with the opinions,yawn.And these opinions could be flawed because how do you not know they arent taking alot of these factors into consideration and simming these to come up with their numbers.Oh and look at the guy above you talking about WoL...everybody knows so many of those numbers are inflated and sometimes arent even real at all.We can agree to disagree but we know im right.

cya!

p.s. i like to get the last word (especially when im right) so i wont be posting in this thread again. /win
    Here come the Irish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again with the opinions,yawn.And these opinions could be flawed because how do you not know they arent taking alot of these factors into consideration and simming these to come up with their numbers.Oh and look at the guy above you talking about WoL...everybody knows so many of those numbers are inflated and sometimes arent even real at all.We can agree to disagree but we know im right.

cya!

p.s. i like to get the last word (especially when im right) so i wont be posting in this thread again. /win
    Because I've worked with them to get them to fix it. Besides that, your response just says "you're wrong yada yada". You wanted the reasons it is bad, I gave em to you. If you're too stubborn to accept you are wrong, well I can't fix stupid, I can only try to fix bad.

Deleted
    Anyone ending with something like

i like to get the last word (especially when im right) so i wont be posting in this thread again. /win
    just don't need to be taken seriously anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyhma View Post
    Anyone ending with something like
    just don't need to be taken seriously anyway.
    Yes, but let's not continue beating that dead horse and stick to the topic at hand. TYVM ~ Nyanmaru

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominae View Post
    Hey, a question. I'm a blood DK with unholy OS, mostly using Festerblight for LFR. My guild's progress (as a family guild) is ... bad (we're on Horridon) but we're having fun trying to learn, and have no intention of finishing soon or even getting into H raiding. A question, however is - is 502 LFR feather 'viable' to be upgraded when comboed with Shado-Pan trinket (upgraded fully) - assuming we won't get to Ji-Kun before hitting... I don't know, 6.0?

Thanks in advance. (can't post links, so if you'd like to take a look at the rest it's Abominae - Earthen Ring EU)
    Definitely upgrade it. Even LFR version of feather for festerblight game of style is huge chunk of dmg.
    Last edited by mmocaafc8ac73b; 2013-06-20 at 11:11 AM.

Hey guys...
    I have been simulating the festerblight spec, and comparing it to 2h frost, but I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's my gear that isn't fit for theis spec.
    I'm really new at this spec, have played as a regular unholy before, but I can't see a dps increase, and this is getting me nuts.
    My actual simulations are 165497 dps in frost, and 164889 in festerblight (with all the changes posted by Mendenbarr on the guide, besides the engineer buff since this is returning error on the simulator)
    Could someone give me some advice about that?
    Here is the armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orgak/advanced

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Renascido View Post
    Hey guys...
    I have been simulating the festerblight spec, and comparing it to 2h frost, but I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's my gear that isn't fit for theis spec.
    I'm really new at this spec, have played as a regular unholy before, but I can't see a dps increase, and this is getting me nuts.
    My actual simulations are 165497 dps in frost, and 164889 in festerblight (with all the changes posted by Mendenbarr on the guide, besides the engineer buff since this is returning error on the simulator)
    Could someone give me some advice about that?
    Here is the armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orgak/advanced

Thanks in advance
    Considering Synapse Springs make up for a fairly sizable portion of Festerblight's damage, that'd be the primary reason Festerblight is simming lower for you. Make sure you've got the correct line in there: (in your case)

Code:
    actions+=/use_item,name=gauntlets_of_the_allconsuming_maw,if=time>=11
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Its not possible to proper simulate festerblight playstyle, because you don't follow a strict priority or better said a very situtional one. You want to use scourge when trinkets are up and use festering strike when no trinkets are up. Also you have to look yourself when you need to extend your dots or if it is enough until the boss dies or disappears, what ever.
    I haven't seen this behavior being reflected in a simcraft profile and therefore you don't see the full benefit of festerblight and frost sims a bit higher. (correct me if one is available that i haven't seen so far)

The best thing you can do is test it yourself in a raid and compare it to your frost dmg on the previous runs.

The FB model for simcraft can be done, check out the FB sticky on the forums. It tracks disease time to (unfortunately) end perfectly with the boss death. It will also hold up on application until your trinkets are rolling (you could add in all sorts of ifs, as well).

The only thing it doesn't do is prioritize SS when you have procs during the fight. So in a perfect world, you should always beat the sim for FB by a bit.

What gems do you guys go for?