Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did the Jinyu/Hozen officially joined our factions?

So.. Are the Jinyu and the hozen just allies of the factions, who they helped on their continent. or are they now ''official'' members of the factions?

i kinda wonder this
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Temporary alliances. Nothing more.

Deleted
    I've actually wondered this myself. I've only played through the horde side since I only recently converted to the Alliance, but in Kun-Lai Summit Nazgrim says the Hozen were "Unreliable". He then talks about how the Pandaren are much better allies, since they're obviously more "capable" of waging war, for want of a better word.

I'm not really sure how the Jinyu scenario is concluded, but because the Alliance is generally more caring for it's own, I imagine they might say something like "We'll use them later" or whatever. Like I said, I haven't played through Jade Forest Alliance-side yet!

I like to think we might see some of those two races in the future, though I doubt it. They were, after all, just small groups of their species based in the Jade Forest.

Deleted
    I think they will get the same treatment as Tuskarr and Taunka.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Well the tuskarr dont have any bonds the're neutral.

But the tuskarr are now official horde members. you see them sometimes i think.. not alot though

Quote Originally Posted by helma View Post
    But the tuskarr are now official horde members. you see them sometimes i think.. not alot though
    I think you ment Tanuka here, but yes I too think they show up sometimes since wotlk.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So.. Are the Jinyu and the hozen just allies of the factions, who they helped on their continent. or are they now ''official'' members of the factions?

i kinda wonder this
    Probably not I mean most of them horde and ally wise got murdered in there final battle of that jade thing where the Sha of doubt came from so at most it was just temporary.

Deleted

i kinda wonder this
    Horde/Alliance were only allied with the Hozen/Jinyu factions in Jade Forest and judging by the dialog in Kun-Lai it seems that most of them died at the battle at the Statue of the Jade Serpent.
    Last edited by mmoc1f722ef552; 2013-06-30 at 01:24 PM. Reason: I cannot into typing

First time I completed the Jinyu quests, I thought .. "I wouldn't be at all surprised if jinyu was the next alliance playable race". Unsure about hozen though.

Deleted
    I would say the some Hozen are still in the Horde, considering that Rikku is on Durotar.

Not to my knowledge.

Traditionally in order to become an official member of the Horde one has to take the blood oath, of course given the...chaotic...state the Horde is in now, it's almost impossible to be sure who is in the Horde and who isn't even with the blood oath.

In the case of the Alliance a faction needs to be voted in by the other members, a vote that may or may not of taken place just yet.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

The Jinyu of Pearlfin pretty much officially become part of the Alliance. Doubt they'll become playable though, unless Blizz does a massive reword of their animations since they're basically fish on on a Nelf skeleton.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    The Jinyu of Pearlfin pretty much officially become part of the Alliance. Doubt they'll become playable though, unless Blizz does a massive reword of their animations since they're basically fish on on a Nelf skeleton.

Nah, it's not about the playable. just as ''part off'' just as the High elf's and broken who are alliance members but aint playable

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    First time I completed the Jinyu quests, I thought .. "I wouldn't be at all surprised if jinyu was the next alliance playable race". Unsure about hozen though.
    Oh gods no, please no.

riko is overseeing the horde shipments in bladefist bay, so I'd say the hozen joined the horde. now, whether or not they are useful or will be called upon once again in the future, that's a totally different story
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    More like the Oracles and the puppy people, really. Temporary alliances.

Pretty much all new races got new models and skeletons when they became playable no matter how prevalent they were in game before then. Blood Elves for example were just reskinned Night Elves back in vanilla, but they got a new model and skeleton anyways. Even the Goblins got a new model and skeleton when they became playable despite already having a unique one from day 1.

If Jinyu were to become playable, then they would get an updated model.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I doubt it really matters. Much like the Taunka, they'll probably just be swept under the rug and mostly forgotten. They can't even find the time to deal with actual playable races like the draenai or the Forsaken.

They are not fish, they are the Murlocs. And there is a logical reason for them to use the NE skeleton system as they evolved the same way. Night Elves evolved from trolls due to their proximity to the Well of Eternity. Jinyu evolved from Murlocs due to their proximity to the magical waters of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. I would love to be able to play one, same for Tuskar (I would kill to have a Tuskar named Brimley). In fact, can we just replace Night Elves with Jinyu?

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ruvokus View Post
    I doubt it really matters. Much like the Taunka, they'll probably just be swept under the rug and mostly forgotten. They can't even find the time to deal with actual playable races like the draenai or the Forsaken.
    Draenei, I agree with. But then again, all Alliance lore happens in books and posts on the website. The forsaken has gotten lore since the the game launched. The race that needs the most lorewise is the gnomes. Worgen don't count as not having lore because all they are is humans with a virus that gives them superpowers.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those two tribes did, not hozen/Jinyu as a whole.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)