Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    well ... I just hope they don't screw up on the aggro/tanking and healing mechanics - aiming heals at other players as a healer and keeping track of multiple mobs as a tank isn't that easy with a controller.
    I just hope this won't result in completely dumbed down mechanics (only non-targeted AE heals and AE taunts)
    I think I read that the way healing others is handled in ESO is like they're handled in recent ES games i.e. AE heals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mber341 View Post
    I think I read that the way healing others is handled in ESO is like they're handled in recent ES games i.e. AE heals.
    nah, Skyrim has targeted heals and self-heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    Uh, they never said they were trying to take the trinity out of this game, but more that it will be more of a loose trinity system. You don't only have to be the "pure tank" of the Dragon Knight with one hand+shield to be able to clear anything, or the "pure healer" which is the Templar with a Restoration Staff. You can be a Sorcerer that can tank, or a Nightblade that can heal. They never said they wanted to get rid of healers and tanks out of groups, just that you can pick whatever class you want and create your own "unique" version of that role type.

So no backtracking was ever done here by ZeniMax, Again they never said they wanted to get rid of the trinity system, more that the class you pick won't pigeon-hole you into a specific role of the trinity that you found in MMOs like WoW. I'm sure many of us don't want to see another system like GW2 where there were no real tanks in the game and it was all about doing as much damage as you can before you die then just rez back up and rinse and repeat.
    yup, I agree completely, Zenimax (to my knowledge) never mentioned ''complete destroying'' the trinity.

Just that you wouldn't be forced into a role based on the class you picked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    yup, I agree completely, Zenimax (to my knowledge) never mentioned ''complete destroying'' the trinity.

Just that you wouldn't be forced into a role based on the class you picked.
    Yes, exactly this. You will still need to have a tank and a healer in the group to do dungeons, but your class doesn't define what role you are. You can have a group that is only Sorcerers, but one of them will have to have a somewhat tanky build and another one would been a healer type build. Now that doesn't mean they have to be full tank or full healer. You can still be tanky, but have some heals to help out, or a healer that can still pump out some damage.

Yes, exactly this. You will still need to have a tank and a healer in the group to do dungeons, but your class doesn't define what role you are. You can have a group that is only Sorcerers, but one of them will have to have a somewhat tanky build and another one would been a healer type build. Now that doesn't mean they have to be full tank or full healer. You can still be tanky, but have some heals to help out, or a healer that can still pump out some damage.
    Which is very interesting.

I'm not very keen on it (my OCD won't allow me to be), but it's certainly going to be fun seeing how it plays out.
    I think if it's executed properly, I'll end up liking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, they never said they were trying to take the trinity out of this game, but more that it will be more of a loose trinity system. You don't only have to be the "pure tank" of the Dragon Knight with one hand+shield to be able to clear anything, or the "pure healer" which is the Templar with a Restoration Staff. You can be a Sorcerer that can tank, or a Nightblade that can heal. They never said they wanted to get rid of healers and tanks out of groups, just that you can pick whatever class you want and create your own "unique" version of that role type.

So no backtracking was ever done here by ZeniMax, Again they never said they wanted to get rid of the trinity system, more that the class you pick won't pigeon-hole you into a specific role of the trinity that you found in MMOs like WoW. I'm sure many of us don't want to see another system like GW2 where there were no real tanks in the game and it was all about doing as much damage as you can before you die then just rez back up and rinse and repeat.
    I never said they were getting rid of the trinity. Perhaps I read them wrong, but earlier they it seemed like they were saying that there would be tanks/healers/dps, but having them wasn't necessary, as in, you CAN bring a tank, but it's not required to do so.

I don't know what to think about this game. I keep hearing some news about it that sound really bad, but I also keep reading and watching videos that tell how they get around some of the worst problems other mmo's have.

I'll probably have to at least try this game when it comes. Hopefully my dreams are not shattered brutally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    I never said they were getting rid of the trinity. Perhaps I read them wrong, but earlier they it seemed like they were saying that there would be tanks/healers/dps, but having them wasn't necessary, as in, you CAN bring a tank, but it's not required to do so.
    They were basically saying that you won't need a "pure tank" or "pure healer" to do most things in the game. So you won't need someone to be a Dragon Knight specc'd in the tanking tree with a one-hand + shield to be the best tank. You can be a Sorcerer who uses one of their pets (who is a tanking pet) while wearing heavy armor and using two-handed weapon. Now it might not be the BEST tanking spec, but it could still be viable enough.

Now we don't know how tough their Master Dungeons and Adventure Zones are going to be, but I'm going to speculate at that point in time you would want people who are more specialized in tanking and healing for those situations. Now that still doesn't mean a Sorcerer couldn't be a tank for this situation, but that Sorcerer would have to wear Heavy Armor and use one-hand + shield to be durable enough to survive those tough encounters. You most likely wouldn't be able to have a Sorcerer using a Restoration Staff with Medium Armor able to tank the mobs found in these two situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    I wish it wasn't going to console, but otherwise I remain excited to give this game a shot. Here's hoping they don't dumb it down too much.
    I'm honestly very excited that it's coming to consoles. I was thinking maybe Destiny would be my go to MMO for the future but I like a bit of competition (for me personally, I know the games are two completely different genres).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I've noticed from watching vids that makes me sad is that there doesn't seem to be any rag doll physics in the game. I want to be able to slam an altmer so hard he slides halfway across the room, then pick up his corpse and put it in funny positions.

Something that bothers me - Loading sreens when entering stores/houses etc. I know it was like this in other TES games, but it always bothered me...

Also - Not that this is a problem, and I'm also not saying they copied WoW, but did anyone notice how some of the music in TESO sounds very much like something you'd hear in WoW? Specially in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sD7x1KF8N8o

Really? It sounds pretty elder scrolls like to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Something that bothers me - Loading sreens when entering stores/houses etc. I know it was like this in other TES games, but it always bothered me...

Also - Not that this is a problem, and I'm also not saying they copied WoW, but did anyone notice how some of the music in TESO sounds very much like something you'd hear in WoW? Specially in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sD7x1KF8N8o
    Sounds like Elder scrolls to me too thats the music that was in oblivion i think
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Sounds like Elder scrolls to me too thats the music that was in oblivion i think
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Really? It sounds pretty elder scrolls like to me.
    Yes, there is an area in Vanilla which had a sound very similar to this....

I'll see if I can find it.

well Jeremy Soule did some composing work in WoW: Mists of Panderia and his music has similar themes across all of his work.

This might have been reported already but I feel like this game will very likely to be buy-to-play since it's coming on consoles too. It'll probably be able to make more than enough money by coming to 3 different media.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well Jeremy Soule did some composing work in WoW: Mists of Panderia and his music has similar themes across all of his work.
    ah yes, I've read he's working on TESO too, so maybe that's why.

Deleted
    I've been reading through some of the posts made here and I just want you all to know that weapon switch is confirmed which means you have 12 "spells" to use.

Quote Originally Posted by meeich View Post
    I've been reading through some of the posts made here and I just want you all to know that weapon switch is confirmed which means you have 12 "spells" to use.
    Hm, yes, I think that's common knowledge? They've been saying this for a while now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    This might have been reported already but I feel like this game will very likely to be buy-to-play since it's coming on consoles too. It'll probably be able to make more than enough money by coming to 3 different media.
    But there have been several MMOs to come out on consoles that were P2P. Just because the game is going on consoles doesn't mean the game will be B2P. Hell FF: ARR is going to be P2P, so there you go.