Poll: X-pack with best looking tier sets

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing will contest burning crusade and I do mean nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Nothing will contest burning crusade and I do mean nothing.
    Except for Wrath of the Lich King :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I like tBC my self, but tier 2 are the best sets of all time in my opinion.

As a Paladin I'd say Cataclysm. Though TBC was very nice, nothing beat the final PvP season set for Paladins!
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

I think it's more down to the individual tier, or even set, rather than expansion.

For Vanilla there's a lot of cool sets in T1, AQ gear was all disgusting, Naxx had maybe one set I liked. But I'd rate it higher than TBC

TBC had some cool looking weapons/off-tier pieces/dungeon gear/greens and blues but apart from a handful of sets I don't like most of its tier gear.

Wrath has several good sets, T9 was pretty drab (although I like the Alliance rogue set - why oh why was my rogue Horde!?).

Cata had quite a few good sets for various classes. It was also the first expansion since vanilla to have PVP sets that looked good!

MoP is pretty much continuing in this tradition. Are you including CM sets? Some of those are damn sexy.

So my vote is Cata or maybe MoP. Then Wrath, followed by Vanilla, TBC last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Akairos View Post
    IMO; tier 6 was the pinnacle.

It's not based on the raid.
    It was based on the classes, not the theme of the area.
    My favourite in particular is Tier 6; Lightbringer.
    You're a shining beacon of the Light, the Light radiates from your very armor. Inscribed on one shoulder is a prayerbook which blesses the innocent and the just and on the other a Hammer of the Righteous to strike down the corrupt and the unjust.

I am also a huge fan of BC armor in general with exception given to some of the floating crystal gear, I don't like that as much.
    I'm sure a lot of purists would disagree, but I would love it if they went back and revisited alot of the older tier sets and added some more polygons to the models and added more detail to the skins while keeping them essentially the same style wise.

Either WOTLK or Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Alewyn View Post
    Except for Wrath of the Lich King :P
    haha 3 words paladin power rangers

MOP sets are fugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK should be DQ'd it had the most tries. Even tho i chose wrath because of lock t8. and season8 pally set

In my opinion WoTLK and Cataclysm had the best with the TBC having some neat looking tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like a few tiers on each expansion, but I like most on Wotlk.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Deleted
    I picked TBC, because tier 6 looked amazing for pretty much every class IMO. Whenever I ding a new character and want a transmog set, I look to tier 5 or tier 6 for an easy to grab awesome set. I mean, I know it's over used, but Lightbringer, Onslaught? they are such amazing sets IMO and when I wear them, I don't care if half of WoW is wearing them with me.

T6 Warlock, nuff said. T4 was like meh, but T5 and T6 made for it. T5 shammy <33

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    MOP sets are fugly.
    Only good set personally in MoP is the sha infused clothing for warlock that's fucking amazing.

Don't know voted tbc because it had some of my favorites but the other expansions had some good ones as well. I really dislike most of the mop tier sets though.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats Paladin T2.

TBC, IMO. T6 was and still is grat...Shaman, Lock, and Warrior T6 are all really sick, and most of the other ones look pretty good too.

depends on the class.

For DKs, WOTLK is the only expansion to ever feature decent-looking tier sets. Namely Tier 7 and Tier 10. EVERY SINGLE OTHER Tier ever developed for Dks looks like crap. No exceptions. From Cata's tier 11 (Lord Zedd) tier 12 (Butterfly helmet of doom) and so on. I can sum up why the other tiers suck so badly: SKULLS. Skulls everywhere. Its like the art team in charge of Dks goes by the meme "Yo dawg, I heard you like skulls, so I put some skulls in your skull armor, so you can be a skull while you have skulls"

For every other class: TBC. I can hardly find any armor set from TBC that I don't like (Paladin tier 4 would be one) but almost every single tier set in TBC was fantastic. Warlocks got the cake, and paladin tier 6 is IMO the best plate armor set in the whole damn game.

For monks: Lol they only have 1 expansion with tiers, so its not like they get to choose.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

If there's one thing BC did well was the design of the weapons and armor. Even simple quest weapons looked incredible. I miss that.