Stat priority for blood dk soloing?

My main problem as a blood dk trying to solo older content has been enrage timers. What stat/reforging priority would I want to use to up my dps?

Hit 7.5% > Exp 7.5% > Haste > Crit.

Use that reforging prio on your tank gear that has Mastery as base stat.

Hit to soft cap = Exp to soft cap > Crit > Haste > Strength

Prioritizing haste only really works when you focus on Death Strike, if you go for Necrotic Strike (or Heart Strike for the cleave) then Haste will get you capped pretty quickly.

How old of content we talking about? If your hp isn't getting low I hope you are using dps gear vs tanking gear.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    Hit to soft cap = Exp to soft cap > Crit > Haste > Strength

Prioritizing haste only really works when you focus on Death Strike, if you go for Necrotic Strike (or Heart Strike for the cleave) then Haste will get you capped pretty quickly.
    Haste is generally superior to crit for soloing, unless we're talking about fights where the incoming damage is nonexistant.
    Why even mention Necrotic Strike? I can only think of one fight where you'd actually want to use it (Zon'ozz).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Haste is generally superior to crit for soloing, unless we're talking about fights where the incoming damage is nonexistant.
    Why even mention Necrotic Strike? I can only think of one fight where you'd actually want to use it (Zon'ozz).
    Necrotic strike is the best single rune skill blood has access to. 150% weapon damage vs 105% weapon damage. If incoming damage isn't that important it's quite a gain to use your runes on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    The runes would be much better spent on Death Strike in most situations where you'd actually want to use Blood for soloing. Then again, I do see your point.
    I don't see the merit of spamming DS in other specs than blood to survive. If you can burst the enemy in DpS specs without relying on DS that's fine, but if you need to DS and gimp your DpS down to the level of blood anyway, you can just pick blood and maximize DpS.

Mathematically, crit is more damage than haste (depending on gear and vengeance level, so take it with a grain of salt). But crit does only offer damage. If you go for haste over crit and for DS over NS it does more damage but not "the most" damage since some of your "potential" goes to survivability instead.

If you need more dps and more hps, go for haste and DS spam, but if you just need to maximize DpS go for crit and use death runes for NS.