10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    As far as the LFD tool and many other "features" addons and so on that are hot topics of the day I find it EXTREMELY refreshing that they are smart enough to include these in there game from launch. Far to many games lately have listened to the vocal minority and attempted to go with out them only to have to suffer the severe back lash of them not being included.

I have found myself on both sides of the debate both for and against on occasion but in the end I believe, and im glad to see that they do to, that its much smarter to be inclusive and actually let your audience "play they way they want to play" as seems to be their model than try to dictate how to play the game. In the end all it does is shoot yourself in the foot and cost development time as you end up trying to play catch up with features that should of been there already.

its smart, very smart to include these features and nice to see a developer recognize this from the get go.

Deleted
    i see no problem at all.. theyre giving us choices and thats it.

The dungeons will hopefully be hard. end of. its a tool to find a quicker group and thats it. You dont need to use it and you even have the choice between randoms and server only. Its a standard feature of a modern mmo imo and so it should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexxie View Post
    Few things.

LFD has been confirmed to be available for 5 mans only, they stated they will never bring in a raid finder...ever.
    Not that I actually care but want to stop misinformation, they never said that about Raid Finder. They all have said they said the same thing that they are not aiming to have one, but will definitely not have one at launch - very different.

LFD doesn't bother me as I'll still play the old school way for a bit of running to the dungeon with a premade group. After I get bored of that, I'll start using LFD to skip the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by siafu View Post
    LFD is fine a long its server only and not wide like wow. that would at least make people be nice to others cause they are from the same server.
    there's a bunch of mmos out there that have lfd and no-one uses it anyway they rather spam the chat.
    Same server is a must IMO. Also felt that adding some form of fee to use the insta-appear-to-dungeon. That way there is a viable choice between paying for convenience or saving the currency and travel instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Not that I actually care but want to stop misinformation, they never said that about Raid Finder. They all have said they said the same thing that they are not aiming to have one, but will definitely not have one at launch - very different.

LFD doesn't bother me as I'll still play the old school way for a bit of running to the dungeon with a premade group. After I get bored of that, I'll start using LFD to skip the walk.
    More specifically they have said while they aren't entirely opposed to the concept of a Raid Finder, if they were to put in one they wouldn't want to make an easier version of raids for it.

Deleted
    paying for instant travel is such bs.. would be a terrible way monetize the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    The best of it all.. AD ONS!! I thought we wouldn't see this again outside of WoW. I never understood why you wouldnt allow your community to save you the work of making things to tailor the game to all the thousands of instances of preference that folks have in there games these days. Ad ons give the player the ability to tweek the game to his liking without the need for the devs to waste valuable time doing it only to alienate some other sector because they didnt implement some feature their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    paying for instant travel is such bs.. would be a terrible way monetize the game.
    he is talking about in game money, like gold, not real money

travel costs have always been a part of games

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Arlee for that clarification!

I actually like the idea of paying to instantly travel but it really does hamper a LFD group vs a premade. I would like if they teleported one to a nearby hub but offered a teleportation to dungeon for a bit of gold. Worst thing would be for someone to be on the absolute other side of the world and needing to head to the dungeon, especially if the dungeon choice is random.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    he is talking about in game money, like gold, not real money

travel costs have always been a part of games
    yeah i guess that makes sense.. but travel at cap isnt really much of a money sink (in any game ive played) and id rather have faster automated travel instead of instant well outside of LFD.. and leaving the dungeons sends u back to where u teleported is a must imo

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    The best of it all.. AD ONS!! I thought we wouldn't see this again outside of WoW. I never understood why you wouldnt allow your community to save you the work of making things to tailor the game to all the thousands of instances of preference that folks have in there games these days. Ad ons give the player the ability to tweek the game to his liking without the need for the devs to waste valuable time doing it only to alienate some other sector because they didnt implement some feature their way.
    I totally agree that addons (and player developed content like the foundry) are amazinballs.

However, I am haunted by that one patch in TBC where Gladius (I think it was gladius... Might have been the other one) made it so rogues could be targeted before the match started, and they would stay targeted when they stealthed ect. Resulting in any ranged class sniping the rogue out of stealth (or pet class) from 40 yards away (without perception) simply by clicking the enemy portrait frame in the addon.

I mean, they hotfixed it pretty quick but for a few weeks there it was pretty laughable.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    yeah i guess that makes sense.. but travel at cap isnt really much of a money sink (in any game ive played) and id rather have faster automated travel instead of instant well outside of LFD.. and leaving the dungeons sends u back to where u teleported is a must imo
    Honestly... it's a world, you have to go places to find things. I'll agree with paying an in-game currency fee to get teleported outside of it but my god man stop complaining that you don't get teleported to where you were before, you just sound lazy.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Well this is their stance on it, which is good since I like LFD. :3

https://twitter.com/Team_WildStar/st...68670181187584
    This Twitter exchange pleases me to no end. I love the whole, "The community has spoken" bits from people, when they're really talking about a small poll of like 50 people on some random site...fucking lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post

Ya see, here's the thing. I don't spread misinformation.

17:30 - 19:00 (double triple rock solid concrete NO on the raid finder front)
    http://www.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom/c/2487662?t

Oh, I liked the bit where he said, "We are never going to do a raid finder or anything like that."
    Last edited by mmocd42035da1b; 2013-07-01 at 09:19 PM.

Cross realm LFG never fixed dungeon que's in WoW. It became roughly the same maybe longer.

I think Home server que and trying to focus on getting servers highly populated would be the best. (WoW has some dead servers)

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Cross realm LFG never fixed dungeon que's in WoW
    Sure it did. From an hour queue for a dps to a half an hour right away.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Sure it did. From an hour queue for a dps to a half an hour right away.
    More like from an hour to 5 minutes. I just did few Random Heroics and as DPS it took me 5 minutes on average to get into a dungeon.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    More like from an hour to 5 minutes. I just did few Random Heroics and as DPS it took me 5 minutes on average to get into a dungeon.
    I was talking about the time it was implemented. Even before they made it cross-battlegroup.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Honestly... it's a world, you have to go places to find things. I'll agree with paying an in-game currency fee to get teleported outside of it but my god man stop complaining that you don't get teleported to where you were before, you just sound lazy.
    its to stop exploiting like joining a random queue.. no interest in actually doing dungeon. once inside.. leave and travel all across the world way faster than intended.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-07-01 at 09:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I was talking about the time it was implemented. Even before they made it cross-battlegroup.
    Ahh, well I love Xrealm LFD and I love the fact that it will be implemented!