Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's not a new hint. That's just what he tells you during the first step of the legendary quest.
    True, but Warcraft's Facebook Page just posted that. Obviously they're just teasing us with little hints.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    We have? I thought it was just speculation (I took a break for a good while so I might have missed something). I'm not doubting you, but do you have a blue post / interview / whatever?
    Wrathion told us last September, at the very beginning of the legendary quest. He doesn't outright say the legion, but his little holo-display shows infernals on their atmospheric entry so it's pretty clear.

I can imagine that it's due to the fact that Wrathion has been featured and has had a prominent(~) role throughout the entire expansion, where as Velen hasn't played that critical of a role.
    Which is sad, they basically took Velen's role and handed it over to Wrathion. Though, Velen would be less shady about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Which is sad, they basically took Velen's role and handed it over to Wrathion. Though, Velen would be less shady about it.
    Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Where?! Where in the world did anyone get the impression that this is referring to the Burning Legion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Where?! Where in the world did anyone get the impression that this is referring to the Burning Legion?
    Wrathion being cryptic about it in the first phase of the Legendary Questline for one.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    [...] and someone of Blizzard said the two lost High Elves lost in the Nether would show up in the next expansion.
    One of them is a human.

But yes, although I'm personally split in half as to whether I'd prefer Azshara or the Burning Legion next, it's pretty much a given that we have some fel spanking ahead of us.

- We know the Horde and Alliance have been exposed to a divide an conquer strategy, but are soon at a point where they'll work together. (This could be the start of the 'Army of Light'.)

- We know Turalyon and Alleria are 'needed for what's coming next' (Metzen at MoP launch ceremony). They have been lost in the nether for decades, and probably wrote the text book on killing demons. Plus, there's an interesting build-up for them with the soon-to-be buddies among the Alliance and Horde. T and A hate the horde and as far as they know, the Horde are demon-infested scumbags.

- We know Wration is making it plain obvious to us that green shit will be raining on Azeroth soon. An 'external threat'.

- I haven't been keeping up with lore in recent months, but last I looked they kept building Anduin Wrynn up to be some sort of leader figure of light. My bet is he will be the key to save the world from the flame, or alternatively become corrupted and be one of our greatest enemies.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2013-07-01 at 10:46 PM.

I really hope they won't do Legion or Old God next expansion, so tired of them. Make up some new enemies FFS, don't just harp on the same old stuff for another decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    In response to a question about the next expansion, the game devs told us we'd have to go to blizzcon to find out. So I think it's reasonable to conclude it's going to be announced at blizzcon.

(also that sounds like an end-of-this-expansion hint)
    If that's true, we might as well pencil in 5.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    I really hope they won't do Legion or Old God next expansion, so tired of them. Make up some new enemies FFS, don't just harp on the same old stuff for another decade.
    Like what? We haven't dealt with the Burning Legion seriously since Burning Crusade.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Babyrobot View Post
    It was pretty much speculation. This is the first time they have directly hinted at it I believe.
    Perhaps I am a little slow, but how does this hint towards the Legion specifically? I believe that is where we are headed as much as the next person, but I don't see this as confirmation.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    we have known for a while it will be the Legion and Sargeras
    INB4 TBC rehashing

We have? I thought it was just speculation (I took a break for a good while so I might have missed something). I'm not doubting you, but do you have a blue post / interview / whatever?
    if you have done the Legendary Questline for Wrathion he says a new danger to Azeroth is coming and shows a hologram of Infernals and fire reigning down on Azeroth aka the Burning Legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedeo View Post
    Perhaps I am a little slow, but how does this hint towards the Legion specifically? I believe that is where we are headed as much as the next person, but I don't see this as confirmation.
    Wrathion showed us a little *vision* of sorts. It showed Green Orbs falling down on Azeroth. Now we all know what the *green Orbs* mean to us. Well I hope people do.

INB4 TBC rehashing
    This is why we can't have nice things

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    we have known for a while it will be the Legion and Sargeras
    We have known since the start of mop that it will be a legion expansion because blizzard got the black prince to tell us more then once. Sargeras? May be jumping the gun there a bit. There are many Legion worlds we need to take down before we attack there home world.
    Aye mate

Wrathion says: The Red Crane of Hope has inspired the citizens of Pandaria from the very dawn of history. I very much want to speak with him.
    Wrathion says: Great Red Crane! Hear our plea.
    Wrathion says: My champion and I seek your blessing of Hope.
    Chi-Ji says: My my, the child of the Worldbreaker, proof that none are beyond redemption. I am honored by your visit.
    Chi-Ji says: Tell me, Son of the Earth-Warder: What is the nature of hope?
    Wrathion says: Hope is...a belief of a better tomorrow.
    Chi-Ji says: You speak, but doubt your own words.
    Wrathion kneels
    Wrathion says: ...Great Crane. You have not seen what I have seen.
    Chi-Ji says: You underestimate me.
    Wrathion says: ...the fire that once burned the sky will return. It is inevitable. The Burning Legion WILL find Azeroth.
    Wrathion says: Seas of blood, cities in ruins! Who are we - one divided world - to stand against a legion?
    Wrathion says: You speak of hope. Believe me, the thinnest silver of belief that we might somehow survive the coming devastation is all that sustains me.
    Chi-Ji says: Rise, son of Deathwing. I will give you my blessing, for you need it more than any I have ever met.
    Wrathion stands
    Chi-Ji says: I challenge you not to think of hope as a vague and unimaginable future.
    Chi-Ji says: Live EVERY day with hope in your heart. In doing so, you CREATE the future you dream of.
    Wrathion says: ...thank you, Great Crane.
    Chi-Ji says: My challenge, should you accept it, tasks you with healing the most grievous of wounds.
    That's directly from the cloak quest.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, he's correct about the legion coming.

No, he won't be the final boss next expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

if you have done the Legendary Questline for Wrathion he says a new danger to Azeroth is coming and shows a hologram of Infernals and fire reigning down on Azeroth aka the Burning Legion
    Yes... but is the Legion really a "NEW" danger to Azeroth?

Ok, yes, we do see green orbs falling onto Azeroth during that scene, but Blizz has been known to pull the ole red herring before...

Having seen Wrathion's lil display of green fireballs falling onto Azeroth, I do believe the next threat will be the return of the Burning Legion.

I think we'll see Argus this time around. I think we'll see Azshara in a raid with one of the content patches being focused on the sunken Naga city where Azshara waits.

I don't think we'll see Sargeras this time around. I think that'll be the 'following' Expansion where we follow the Burning Legion into The Twisting Nether and finish Sargeras off at lvl 100.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Having seen Wrathion's lil display of green fireballs falling onto Azeroth, I do believe the next threat will be the return of the Burning Legion.

I think we'll see Argus this time around. I think we'll see Azshara in a raid with one of the content patches being focused on the sunken Naga city where Azshara waits.

I don't think we'll see Sargeras this time around. I think that'll be the 'following' Expansion where we follow the Burning Legion into The Twisting Nether and finish Sargeras off at lvl 100.
    Azshara not being a final expansion boss would be a major mishandling of her character.

Read up on her, she's not a pawn of anyone. She's the most powerful mage ever.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)