Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Rogues don't need a tank spec, they need a ranged one

I was thinking a ranged spec using bows/guns/crossbows? Many mmos let rogue/assassin classes use ranged weapons, why are we the only class with 3 dps melee specs (that 2 and half tbh, i don't consider sub a playable spec) that have the same outdated skills and the same outdated resource system and almost the same rotation? With a ranged spec we would remain a pure dps class but with the ability to be ranged dps if needed.
    So why doesn't blizz do this?
    I think i know the answer(an all of you know that too): the common sense among pve'ers is that a ranged class is for 90% of encounters preferable over a melee so all rogues would go ranged letting other 2 specs to rust...

Deleted
    I think that a range spec for a rogue would just be silly, we stab and slice and cut not range ppl, And tanking is fun in till you evasion and combat readiness runs out

There is a ranged spec for rogues already its called hunter
    Nixs

Why would you add a forth spec to a pure dps class that already has issues making its three dps specs feel distinct by adding a forth dps spec that would be similar to hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Why would you add a forth spec to a pure dps class that already has issues making its three dps specs feel distinct by adding a forth dps spec that would be similar to hunter?

You could always just change one of them around when an expansion hits. They're similar as hell already, right, so why not just break the mold and completely re-do one of them?

Yeah and I think they should give mages a melee spec or hunters a healing spec

I don't think we need any more melee specs. Especially not mages. If you want to hybridize the pures, mages would have a healing spec.

Rogues won't get a ranged spec because all rogues would be forced into it (that's the dev opinion).k

I was thinking about this the other day, it would be a great concept... throwing knives covered in poison isn't out of the realms of reality for a ninja type character

Well don't worry about it, nobody is getting a 4th spec, tank or ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    outdated resource system
    Blizzard has stated that they believe Rogues have the best resources. You can see this in the fact that new classes and remodels of old ones have all included some kind of similar resource system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    rogue tank spec is brewmaster. rogue range spec is any hunter. If you dont like your class reroll. Shuriken toss was a mistake even tho only terrible players use it.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    rogue tank spec is brewmaster. rogue range spec is any hunter. If you dont like your class reroll. Shuriken toss was a mistake even tho only terrible players use it.
    Wasn't it just like...hugely broken in PvP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    Wasn't it just like...hugely broken in PvP?
    Have yet to find a rogue above 1800 who uses it. its good for kiting bads in lower rating buts any good pvper will just pillar hump to avoid it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simple057 View Post
    There is a ranged spec for rogues already its called hunter
    Pretty much what I was thinking. Why would I want to play a hunter who wears leather and doesn't have a pet?

Have yet to find a rogue above 1800 who uses it. its good for kiting bads in lower rating buts any good pvper will just pillar hump to avoid it.
    I just assumed there was a reason it was nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    I just assumed there was a reason it was nerfed.
    its was nerfed because it cost half the energy for the same dmg as a melee ability so there was no reason to get close

Shuriken toss was a mistake even tho only terrible players use it.
    The ignorance is strong in this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Got it. I started playing again right as it got nerfed, so I never really paid any attention to it.

Some kind of an overhaul would be nice. But I could go by if they change combat to not be so spammy, Assassination could use a little less downtime and perhaps 1 more ability to the rotation and make combo points stack on the player not the target and I'm good.

A dual wield Pistol spec with a Swashbuckler/Bandit feel would be neat. However, I really don't see this happening unless next xpac they give everyone a 4th spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The ignorance is strong in this one.
    show me one high ranking player who still has a team that uses it. Plus this is assumingly a pve thread which nobody uses it in pve