Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Emerald Dream i say is next expack

Next Patch 5.5 Fighting (or has to do with) Black Prince.

this is how i see things, guess is all >.>

How is this a hint? It's stated in game already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Um. What. Logic, this has none. You're agreeing for Azshara and N'zoth because there's too much Burning Legion?

The last six years have had no major legion Threats.
    Wrath: Arthas+Yogg Saron
    Cataclysm: Deathwing+Twilight's Hammer
    MoP: Remnants of an old god+True Horde

And you say that Legion is over used when you want a fourth old god expansion in a row.... to quote yourself
    I didn't say I wanted a 4th old god expansion, I said I agreed that the Burning Legion stuff is played out. I didn't really read the post very well to be honest. I probably "agreed" to something I don't really agree with. This is why celebrities have publicists who do all of their forum posting for them :P

And the burning legion stuff is played out. I can't even begin to count how much stuff in the game is all about demons and the legion etc. etc. etc. It's the only thing that's more played out than the Cenarion Circle/Hyjal/Molten Front/Druid stuff.

I want something new and fresh, not re-hashed stuff like "the legion returns...for the 5th time...defeat them...again..." *yawn*
    Last edited by RicardoZ; 2013-07-02 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I didn't say I wanted a 4th old god expansion, I said I agreed that the Burning Legion stuff is played out. I didn't really read the post very well to be honest. I probably "agreed" to something I don't really agree with. This is why celebrities have publicists who do all of their forum posting for them :P
    Okay. Curious though, then if it wasn't legion, what could it possibly be? Everything in WoW boils down to those two as the greater villains other than Arthas.

15+ Year Old Account
    No legion. something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Okay. Curious though, then if it wasn't legion, what could it possibly be? Everything in WoW boils down to those two as the greater villains other than Arthas.
    I have no idea what else it could be, I'm just saying what I hope it isn't. Like I said, I'd rather have something new and fresh.

I've been kicking around an idea for a new expansion in my head for a long time involving the Defias Brotherhood. They use the fact that the Alliance is broke (would require some explanation quest-wise) and the Horde is in utter internal disarray to launch an assault on both Stormwind and Orgimmar in an attempt to seize power. The Defias could maybe even become a 3rd playable faction, with a couple of new races like Gnoll or Dark Iron Dwarf. The pre-expansion events could be terrorist bomb attacks on the Stormwind and Orgimmar banks and auction houses and random bases throughout the world that kill everybody around and really make you hate the Brotherhood.

All of the homeless from Stormwind who migrated around to Westfall join up after the Brotherhood launches a huge propaganda campaign, gaining allies in Redridge and Duskwood as well who feel abandoned by the Alliance. They even take up residence in parts of Outland and Northrend.

I have TONS of other ideas for it, but I've been waiting until I can have the time to sit down and write them all out in a big mega-thread like some of the other homespun expansion ideas.

I wish it would be something creative like this, something that you can really sink your teeth into and is even in some ways relevant to contemporary life. I think that would be a lot better than fighting demons again...and again...and again...and having them be this invincible vile army that is seriously going to kill us this time until we manage to barely do away with them...again.

It would really just be the same predictable stuff that it was last time, and the time after that and after that and after that. It's like a bad summer-blockbuster Schwarzenegger movie. If they make another Burning Legion expansion I'd really rather the legion just win and have it be the end of the game, at least it would be somewhat original.
    Last edited by RicardoZ; 2013-07-02 at 02:49 AM.

well the link to a legion invasion is pretty obvious but I would also say he would be against titans attempting to remake the world once more. Which I expect a more direct interaction with the titans in the future.

IMO we didn't even really fight "the Legion" in TBC; it was mostly second or third-stringers, not the actual Burning Legion. So in that regard I can't see it as TBC 2.0 or TBC redux; repelling an invasion of Azeroth sounds pretty awesome if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    Sargeras is so dead lorewise at this point that bringing him back would be decleration of storytelling bankruptcy.
    No, he quite explicitly isn't. He is merely lacking a physical body currently, which isn't much of a hindrance for his likes.

---------- Post added 2013-07-02 at 10:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    In the game he says he has visions of the burning legion falling onto azeroth.

With blizzards hint it's pretty much confirmed some burning legion thing.
    What isn't confirmed is when it will happen, other than in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Sure we'll kill Sargeras and equip Gorribal. Then next expansion we'll be playing basketball with planets.
    If by "equip" you mean "get crushed to death", sure. It's a sword sized for a titan, there's no way puny Azerothians can even lift that thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The beginning of the Legendary quest line has Wrathion showing the player a globe of Azeroth that gets bombarded by green, fiery meteors that look a heckuva lot like Infernals, speaking of "horrors that are even now bearing down on our fragile home," concreting that it is some form of threat from without.

Seeing as it's quite likely that this facebook post is not "out of the blue," and assuming the bits about Wrathion are related... It seems likely that the Legion's coming.
    What if Wrathon showed us some false image to simply recruit us for his cause?
    "holy shit BL is coming, better stick with dragon whelp to prepare"
    instead of telling the "truth" (speculation of course) - "guys will you work for me?, I'm planning world domination but I need some powerful artifacts first."

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I like how Velen says the Legion is returning and everyone's all, "shut up, old man."
    Then Wrathion says basically the same thing and everyone freaks out about how the Legion is returning.
    velen usually is talking about the future, wrathion says they are coming soon.

---------- Post added 2013-07-02 at 04:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, he quite explicitly isn't. He is merely lacking a physical body currently, which isn't much of a hindrance for his likes.

---------- Post added 2013-07-02 at 10:33 AM ----------

What isn't confirmed is when it will happen, other than in the future.

If by "equip" you mean "get crushed to death", sure. It's a sword sized for a titan, there's no way puny Azerothians can even lift that thing.
    what do you mean he doesnt have a phyical body? theres no sign to say someone stole his body while his soul was on azeroth, his body should have still been there waiting for him when he decided to come back

We do not "KNOW" anything.
    It is possible that what we see is a generic cataclysmic event, it could be what happens without our actions to stop it.
    But that does not guarantee the theme of the next expansion.

Is the Legion a possibility ?
    Yes, but it is by no means the only possibility.

What we have so far is not proof of anything, only conveniences which are very open to interpretation.

It is "hinted" if you really want to go down that route, that Wrathion has his own agenda.
    Really can we place a lot of faith in the accuracy of an image that is meant to recruit us to be a pawn in some yet undetermined game.
    The best way to instil fear and gather support is to present a known and familiar enemy.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-07-02 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    We do not "KNOW" anything.
    It is possible that what we see is a generic cataclysmic event, it could be what happens without our actions to stop it.
    But that does not guarantee the theme of the next expansion.

Is the Legion a possibility ?
    Yes, but it is by no means the only possibility.

What we have so far is not proof of anything, only conveniences which are very open to interpretation.
    what i would really like to see is azshara to pull an arthas and do exactly what he did.

we go off to fight legion on some planet next expansion

expansion after that while the bulk of our military is off on some exotic world azshara and the naga/old god forces attack azeroth pulling us back to sail off to the south seas and kick naga butt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I agree, I seriously hope it isn't burning legion again. They dominated WC3, they have entire zones in the game, raids, the entire BC expansion...enough. No more Burning Legion for a long, long time. It's played out. Really bad.
    And the Naga and old gods aren't? We've literally fought old gods and their minions through three expansion packs AND vanilla WoW. And we fought the Naga (extensively) back in Cataclysm.

The Burning Legion would be more "fresh" than the Naga and N'zoth would be.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    What if Wrathon showed us some false image to simply recruit us for his cause?
    "holy shit BL is coming, better stick with dragon whelp to prepare"
    instead of telling the "truth" (speculation of course) - "guys will you work for me?, I'm planning world domination but I need some powerful artifacts first."
    If he was planning world domination, I'd think that the true threat of the Naga and N'zoth would be infinitely more pressing to him if they were indeed what's coming next

And if that's the case, why be so damn specific (yet cryptic) about the Burning Legion? Wrathion could have just left it at "bad shits gonna go down, bring me shinies" and we would have still been like "...a'ight."
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-07-02 at 08:55 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    I really hope they won't do Legion or Old God next expansion, so tired of them. Make up some new enemies FFS, don't just harp on the same old stuff for another decade.
    yeah, they should give us a new, pretty lore-light continent and have these new bad guys that come about because of our negative emotions.

This expansion was very light on the Legion and Old Gods... and the last one also.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And the Naga and old gods aren't? We've literally fought old gods and their minions through three expansion packs AND vanilla WoW. And we fought the Naga (extensively) back in Cataclysm.

The Burning Legion would be more "fresh" than the Naga and N'zoth would be.

If he was planning world domination, I'd think that the true threat of the Naga and N'zoth would be infinitely more pressing to him if they were indeed what's coming next

And if that's the case, why be so damn specific (yet cryptic) about the Burning Legion? Wrathion could have just left it at "bad shits gonna go down, bring me shinies" and we would have still been like "...a'ight."
    not to mention its the 10th anniversary next expansion, even if people dont like the burning legion they ARE the original villains of wow so them being the feature of the 10th anniversary makes alot of sense.

---------- Post added 2013-07-02 at 04:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    yeah, they should give us a new, pretty lore-light continent and have these new bad guys that come about because of our negative emotions.

This expansion was very light on the Legion and Old Gods... and the last one also.
    light on the old gods? weve learned more about the old gods this expansion than we did for all of cataclysm

Deleted
    Reading through this thread it's nice to see the ideas of Blizzard using the Legion is them "jumping the shark" (that shark got leapt over looooong ago), that the game can't go above level 100 because a number having two zeroes makes everything final, and the idea of a narrative using a recurring villain is somehow bad in itself are as thriving as ever. I expect the next xpac to be themed over a Burning Legion attack on Azeroth, but then again I expect to see Azshara at some point, but I also expect there to be more at least three or four xpacs(on a worst case scenario) before content development for the game winds down so there's a lot of wiggle room to have both there and the final assault on Argus and something else entirely .

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Reading through this thread it's nice to see the ideas of Blizzard using the Legion is them "jumping the shark" (that shark got leapt over looooong ago), that the game can't go above level 100 because a number having two zeroes makes everything final, and the idea of a narrative using a recurring villain is somehow bad in itself are as thriving as ever. I expect the next xpac to be themed over a Burning Legion attack on Azeroth, but then again I expect to see Azshara at some point, but I also expect there to be more at least three or four xpacs(on a worst case scenario) before content development for the game winds down so there's a lot of wiggle room to have both there and the final assault on Argus and something else entirely .
    Two villains might be too much for one expansion, but Azshara and the Burning Legion have a common past. She could open a portal in the depths, where we can't easily close it, and make it much easier for Kil'jaeden to bring his army to Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    light on the old gods? weve learned more about the old gods this expansion than we did for all of cataclysm
    Pretty sure they were being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Two villains might be too much for one expansion, but Azshara and the Burning Legion have a common past. She could open a portal in the depths, where we can't easily close it, and make it much easier for Kil'jaeden to bring his army to Azeroth.
    Azshara doesn't care about the Burning Legion any more, though. She serves the old gods now.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    i just dont see someone like azshara who still to this day boils with hate at people like malfurion ever wanting to help the man who basically stood her up on what she thought was going to be her wedding day.

i can just imagine her being very upset over the fact sargeras was pretty much just a gold digger who wanted her stuff