Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How Melee unfriendly is Siege of Orgrimmar ?

well since i quit a week ago PTR testings have started now i'm interested how melee und friendly the new bosses are so i can think about resubbing after 5.4 release or not

if anyone expirienced all bosses that have been tested sofar as a melee plz tell me
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So am I right when I assume, that you unsubbed because bosses were melee unfriendly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I've only personally tested Dark Shamans and Nazgrim. The other fights seem similar though.

Depending on your strat, Shamans can be pretty shitty. You can sit on the male shaman all day without issue; there's just a telegraphed poison line that you have to step out of melee for a few seconds to avoid damage (or just eat it). The female shaman summons storms and tornados on top of herself and summons adds that do a lot of damage where they land and then pulse short-range AoE.

Nazgrim has a lot of movement and target swaps. One of the adds WWs for a lot of damage unless you waste a stun on it. The boss jumps out of melee range fairly often and puts fire in annoying places. There are also axes that fly around the room and do a ton of damage, causing lost uptime unless the tank decides to move the boss instead of eating it for extra Vengeance.

Same shit as always. Just cheese what you can with Feint and CoS. Use ShS and Sprint liberally to reduce downtime.

hmmm tested malkrok,siegecrafter and klaxxi

malkrok you definitly want more ranged than melee

siegecrafter melee are actually pretty good this fight as they dont gain any penalty during convey belt

klaxxi..... you should expect to be stunned every 20 odd seconds lol (ranged are better)

tbh i its really another bring ranged if you got one
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand what you think you are accomplishing by unsubbing. It's clear you are still very interested in the game.

Deleted
    You don't need an active account to test PTR
    If your full BIS what benefit is there in staying subbed if you don't PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    malkrok you definitly want more ranged than melee
    Not sure if serious, Malkorok is for now the most melee friendly fight in Siege and I would say bring enough ranged/healers to soak the pools and fill the rest with melee that kills the boss for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    I don't understand what you think you are accomplishing by unsubbing. It's clear you are still very interested in the game.
    Having a continued interest in the game doesn't mean you enjoy playing it. If he found found that he wasn't enjoying the end game content because of a flaw in it then he's doing himself a favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Flandersson View Post
    Not sure if serious, Malkorok is for now the most melee friendly fight in Siege and I would say bring enough ranged/healers to soak the pools and fill the rest with melee that kills the boss for you.
    mmm i said you want more ranged than melee you dont want to bring 4 melee and 2 ranged mmmmm lose too much dps time for melee
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Tested every boss.

Unfriendly. 1-2 Melee is the most a 10 man would bring. Melee are for 25 man raiding where you can have 4-5 of them to just train the boss.
    1-2 bosses you could have a 3rd melee. But melee really should just reroll ranged i they want to raid in a 10 man guild, or try and get in a 25. Welcome to the game your playing =/

Starting ToT seemed really melee-unfriendly but it ended well. I wonder if Siege is also the case?

ToT was never really melee unfriendly can do every encounter with 50/50 melee and ranged just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    So am I right when I assume, that you unsubbed because bosses were melee unfriendly?
    i unsubbed because my group splitted and i had to make a decision either look for something new and log in 3 times a week just for a 3 hour raid OR unsubb and wait and see how SoO will be

i personally think it's better to look for a group once the raid is released and not before

On topic: so basicly its bad being a melee sofar lets see how unfriendly other bosses will be i hope you guys keep this thread updated and constructive
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

So far every fight favours ranged heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by g3heim View Post
    ToT was never really melee unfriendly can do every encounter with 50/50 melee and ranged just fine...
    No. You can't do Durmu with 50/50 due to icewalls. You can't do Lei Shen 50/50 due to lack of people soaking and ball lightning. You can't do Ra-den 50/50 due to inablitiy to kill balls. Iron Quon is 50 times eaiser with more melee than ranged (surprisingly). Ranged are needed for Council, and perform 500% better due to multi dotting. Can't do Tortos due to inabiltiy to kill turtles when your melee.

Fights are melee unfriendly by nature. The more unique abilties are the more likely things won't work out for melee.

Deleted
    Honestly, it's nearly impossible to make a fight that favors melee more than ranged. You'd have to add a silence in melee range with constant ranged movement, and that would negatively affect hybrid DPS like paladins and shamans.

Imho "melee friendly" can mean 2 different things:

a) I can bring mostly melee and will still be fine.

b) As a melee I can go autoattack afk on the boss while the ranged and healers have to do all the encounter-specific shit.

I feel that while you wouldn't want to bring too many melee into a 10m ToT group, the melee you have can mostly just chill near the boss while somebody else has to deal with the boss mechanics (Jin'rokh ball lightnings, Horridon direhorn spirits, Tortos turtles etc.).

We have to wait and see if it will be similar in SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post

b) As a melee I can go autoattack afk on the boss while the ranged and healers have to do all the encounter-specific shit.

I feel that while you wouldn't want to bring too many melee into a 10m ToT group, the melee you have can mostly just chill near the boss while somebody else has to deal with the boss mechanics (Jin'rokh ball lightnings, Horridon direhorn spirits, Tortos turtles etc.).

melee friendly would be more like garajal with 0 dps doing pheromones

Agreed. Nowadays if people ask how melee unfriendly a fight is, they should specify what they mean by it being unfriendly.

Melee unfriendly in my eyes describes a fight like heroic Ascendant Council in tier 11 (before the changes) was where you simply couldn't bring more than a few melee, if even that. However, half the time people insist that a fight that requires melee to sometimes actually do something (read: isn't a patchwerk copy) is "melee unfriendly." Unless most melees are noticeably behind every ranged in DPS, the disadvantages to melee were acknowledged and kept in mind when the fight was being balanced. Most melees, not just your raid group's melees. According to my experiences, those fights are extremely rare on live realms.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

For people who are actually progressing in guilds it's the former, so that's really the only important one to discuss. Whether people can afk on a boss you've already killed is pretty irrelevant, is it not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."