Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Has everyone forgotten about the possibility of the scatter shot interrupt glyph? I saw a tweet about it awhile ago.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    The Hunter tears are amazing. Hunters are still going to be fine in PvE, you're a fool to think otherwise. Not having an interrupt hardly matters, all other DPS classes have one as do tanks, groups can easily bring a Hunter to any raid and not worry about it, even if you need to interrupt every 3 seconds, tank -> tank -> rogue -> mage -> shaman for example and there's your rotation, leaves 3 DPS and 2 healers out of the interrupt rotation. You're fine. Not having an interrupt hardly matters in PvE at all.

You're right. It's because BM is absurdly strong in PvP right now because they have an ridiculous number of CC skills. Silence -> Scatter -> Trap -> Readiness -> Scatter -> Trap -> pet stun -> silence. Balanced amirite? rofl. They're nerfing BM Hunters for a reason, you said it yourself, because they're too strong, and that's what happens when a class is too strong. Easier to nerf 1 class down than to buff the other 10 up.
    Lovin' this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CTwin View Post
    This only matters in 10's. Even then, it usually doesn't matter.
    How many 10-man groups do you run that cover all 8 buffs with the other 9 players? Define "usually" how ever you'd like, but hunter pet buffs are vital in 10-man raids whether you agree or not.

Except that DPS during moderate movement isn't a problem for any other class outside of Shadow priests. Thus "full speed movement" isn't actually required and hasn't been required in T14 or T15.
    That's not what he said at all. He said hunters are the only class capable of doing their 100% DPS rotation while moving with no penalty, unlike other classes who have to use talents or secondary skills in order to do so (Scorch, Spiritwalker's Grace, KJC, etc).

So every single class except one is ok?
    Does everyone have to be the same? People are drastically exaggerating the need for Silencing Shot as it is, and now you're pulling the homogenization card? Next thing I guess you'll be wanting hunters to be able to conjure mana cakes and shadowstep.

In any raid, 10 or 25, your tanks or melee DPS can provide more than enough interrupts if they're assigned and not wasted.

You don't play a hunter do you...
    7 posts, and you're off to a great start. Keep that awesome attitude and helpful contributions coming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Has everyone forgotten about the possibility of the scatter shot interrupt glyph? I saw a tweet about it awhile ago.
    will the glyph take scatter off the GCD then? that's the good thing about SS, i never had to worry about having just used anything (/stopcast macro for cobra/steady) but scatter is on the GCD, which sucks if you're actually needed to interrupt on a fight - there ARE hunters who're needed as interrupter in their team, and i also need to bring a buff for the raid 9/10 times, so getting one of those interrupting pets aint gonna help me out. MM damage sucks and the spec is even more boring than the other 2...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    How many 10-man groups do you run that cover all 8 buffs with the other 9 players? Define "usually" how ever you'd like, but hunter pet buffs are vital in 10-man raids whether you agree or not.

Bullshit. They are vital -- maybe -- if not only your raid comp -- but all players within that comp are absolute trash. That's when they're vital. That's when they're a crutch.

Hunter buffs are a convenient backup and nothing more. Every single buff you bring, someone else brings along with other perks that you can not.

Blizzard has admitted 10 man raids are not balanced around having every buff and debuff present as 25 mans are and as such the lack of one or two of them is not going to be a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Koeienvlaai View Post
    will the glyph take scatter off the GCD then? that's the good thing about SS, i never had to worry about having just used anything (/stopcast macro for cobra/steady) but scatter is on the GCD, which sucks if you're actually needed to interrupt on a fight - there ARE hunters who're needed as interrupter in their team, and i also need to bring a buff for the raid 9/10 times, so getting one of those interrupting pets aint gonna help me out. MM damage sucks and the spec is even more boring than the other 2...
    you cant cast SS while casting cobra/steady so you need the /stopcast macro into silencing shot. im 100% sure that i will plain say, sorry i have no interupt, if you want me to interupt deal with me playing as MM and doing even more garbage damage.

also i dont think scatter is 40 yard range so yeah you would have to get close to interupt.

- - - Updated - - -

paladin (Might)
    DK (atp, melee atck speed, 4% physical damage)
    Rogue (5% magic damage)
    Mage (SP, 5% crit)
    Boomkin (Kings/MOTW, 5% spell haste)
    Priest (Stamina)

can trade the boomking with a ele shaman and make your paladin do kings instead of might.
    can have multiple paladins so you dont need the boomkin for MOTW and let the priest be shadow
    can trade rogué for a warlock and you wont need the priest.
    can trade dk with a ret paladin and you wont need the other paladin

i can keep going off and i will show you A LOT OF comps where a hunter is useless. i raid 10 man and when i someone miss a raid thats the buff i cover, right now i provide 5% crit but we have no mage on our guild.

That's not what he said at all. He said hunters are the only class capable of doing their 100% DPS rotation while moving with no penalty, unlike other classes who have to use talents or secondary skills in order to do so (Scorch, Spiritwalker's Grace, KJC, etc).
    if you are a good warlock KJC have ways to not get the root most of the time. 30% slow is no way near a penalty to not use it. shamans can do full rotation on the move, if they need to cast other tan a filler they use a CD, not like in pve you need to move for that long so often, having 100% mobility when you dont need it means nothing tbh. the only casters that have issues with casting on the move are shadow priest, balance druids and arcane mages. still they all do just fine.

Does everyone have to be the same? People are drastically exaggerating the need for Silencing Shot as it is, and now you're pulling the homogenization card? Next thing I guess you'll be wanting hunters to be able to conjure mana cakes and shadowstep.
    in your eyes we maybe, thing is we are not. right now in 10 man where you cant let a cast go off having that clutch SS is really need it. maybe isnt in 10 man but trust me you will always chose a range interupt vs a melee interupt as long as you can get the same ammounts of interupts with both, the only case where melee interupt are better are when those cast are way more frecuent than what your range interupt is.

In any raid, 10 or 25, your tanks or melee DPS can provide more than enough interrupts if they're assigned and not wasted.
    i will bring you 1 fight. i will tell you more if you desire so.

heroic protectors when you couldnt just faceroll them. elite or normal heroic protectors.

we used 3 melee on wáter guy with the tank. (solo tanked), me (hunter), mage and holy paladin on lighting guy. we never cover the whole lighting guy because both mage and myself had 20-24 sec cd and holy paladin couldnt get every cast off when we were on CD. so this mean that sure if 1 lighting bolt goes off we wont wipe but we need it to avoid as much damage as we could.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    The problem with a glyph is that it will make another mandatory glyph since scatter is close to useless in raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh come on are we seriously arguing that hunters should be the ONLY DPS class that can't interrupt? That's idiotic and smacks of trolling. There's no good reason to not have all DPS classes have an interrupt. There's less than zero arguments for every dps class BUT hunters having an interrupt.

Deleted
    I'm already planning to reroll for the next expansion. Putting up with this for way too long is making me frustrated, specially when they keep insisting hunters are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    I'm already planning to reroll for the next expansion. Putting up with this for way too long is making me frustrated, specially when they keep insisting hunters are fine.
    I hope there will be another physical Ranger Class next expansion, maybe 'Dark Ranger'? ill will definetly reroll. sick of being a class that scale with nothing and got changed/hotixed every 2 weeks

That's not what he said at all. He said hunters are the only class capable of doing their 100% DPS rotation while moving with no penalty,
    I just do not get this, tons and tons of people use this as a reason why hunters are in a good place.
    How in the hell does it matter at all if we can do our full dps rotation while moving when the others that cant are still beating us by 30 to 90k dps on high movement fights?

Please Sky, explain to me how and why you think that our being able to move and full dps is so great?
    Id rather do Mage/Lock type dps and have to sstep than be able to jump up and down looking like a fool the entire fight and do shit dps.

Oh come on are we seriously arguing that hunters should be the ONLY DPS class that can't interrupt? That's idiotic and smacks of trolling.
    Exactly, lol the arguments on this are just beyond silly.
    Last edited by Larry01; 2013-07-08 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry01 View Post
    Please Sky, explain to me how and why you think that our being able to move and full dps is so great?
    Id rather do Mage/Lock type dps and have to sstep than be able to jump up and down looking like a fool the entire fight and do shit dps.
    You're putting words in my mouth. All I said that was that *someone else* said we're the only class capable of doing so. I made no qualification about us being awesome because of that fact.

I also never said that "hunters should be the only dps class without an interrupt". I just said that "but everyone else has ooooone" doesn't mean that we HAVE to have it, helpful as it is.

Anything else?

You're putting words in my mouth. All I said that was that *someone else* said we're the only class capable of doing so. I made no qualification about us being awesome because of that fact.
    Ah, so your one of those types. You repeat what someone else says to give credence to it but then say that you didnt actually say it. Thereby removing any responsibility for your post, classic.

I also never said that "hunters should be the only dps class without an interrupt". I just said that "but everyone else has ooooone" doesn't mean that we HAVE to have it, helpful as it is.
    See the above, yet another example of you repeating someone else to validate their opinion so you can pretend you dont agree or say you didnt say it when your shown to be wrong.

Anything else?
    Nope, I thinnk we all see what you are now.
    Thanks for playing.

Ah, so your one of those types. You repeat what someone else says to give credence to it but then say that you didnt actually say it. Thereby removing any responsibility for your post, classic
    Owned

Nope, I thinnk we all see what you are now.
    Mhmm that we do bro, that we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry01 View Post
    Ah, so your one of those types. You repeat what someone else says to give credence to it but then say that you didnt actually say it. Thereby removing any responsibility for your post, classic.
    First of all, it's you're*. Pay attention in school.

Secondly, here's the conversation I was involved in:

Another is the fact they are capable of doing their entire full DPS rotation while running around at full speed the entire time. No other class can do that. Warlocks can right now, at reduced run speed which screws them over in several fights, and in 5.4 it'll only be their spammy ability they can cast on the move.
    Except that DPS during moderate movement isn't a problem for any other class outside of Shadow priests. Thus "full speed movement" isn't actually required and hasn't been required in T14 or T15.
    I was replying to the second poster who was being pretty irrelevant to what the first poster was saying. Again, no one anywhere said that hunters are just fine because they can move freely while DPSing.

See the above, yet another example of you repeating someone else to validate their opinion so you can pretend you dont agree or say you didnt say it when your shown to be wrong.
    Whose opinion did I reiterate? Who did I agree with? If you want to talk a big game, at least back it up with your proof.

In neither case did I piggyback someone else's opinion to validate my own. You are intentionally misreading what I'm saying to make yourself look good. I personally don't care if anyone else buys it.

Anyway, this thread has derailed enough because of you. Say whatever you'd like. I'm out.
    Last edited by Skygoneblue; 2013-07-08 at 05:34 PM.