Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I don't get the male Night Elf model

Night Elves are basically ageless and are meant to represent youthful appearances. So why is it the male Night Elves look like angry, gnarled old men with the thickest muscles on Azeroth?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Night elfs arent age less, they are no longer immortal. And havent been since the well imploded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause some people enjoy being ugly.

Also you forgot flipper hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    im guessing that even though they were immortal they still aged, albeit at a much slower pace than other races

also they did have the years after archimonde nearly totaled the world tree, causing them to lose their immortality (again)

considering the general age of most night elves today (centuries old), and the worn-torn times they've lived through (WotA, shifting sands, wc3, WoW) its easily understandable that they might look at bit 'well-traveled'
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Time does not age them, however, wisdom does.

They are not immortal anymore, they stopped being so, I guess, if I'm not wrong, after Illidan stole the vials from the WoE and what not...

10+ Year Old Account
    What about night elves is "meant to represent youthful appearances"?

I... don't get that.

Everyone ages. Even while immortal, night elves had children. What fundamental part about being night elves means youthful appearance? Where did you pick that up from?
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

That's OK,I have my preferences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    What about night elves is "meant to represent youthful appearances"?

I... don't get that.

Everyone ages. Even while immortal, night elves had children. What fundamental part about being night elves means youthful appearance? Where did you pick that up from?
    I don't think its so much 'night elves' as it is elves in general. Tolkien standards generally have elves being these smaller then men, slightly built, fine featured humanoids. The males tended to look kinda feminine as a result. Most fantasy stuff shows elves as some variation on this theme though there are exceptions. Wow is clearly one of them, these elves are huge amazonians. I guess they are still kind if slightly built if you compare them to the rest of the races, they aren't super bulky like humans.

Also keep in mind their immortality didn't free them from death, it only stopped them from aging quickly. They still ended up dying to injury or disease. Hence wisps.
    Last edited by Wiyld; 2013-07-03 at 05:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Thickest muscles on Azeroth? I always figured that was a competition between dwarves, orcs, and draenei. Night elves seem a lot leaner in comparison.

The Night Elves obtained their immortality when the World Tree Nordrassil in Hyjal was planted in the lake that was filled with waters from vials containing water from the Well of Eternity brought by Illidan and after having the tree empowered by Nozdormu (along with Alexstrasza and Ysera). When the tree was sacrificed to defeat Archimonde during Third War, that special connection to the tree, and the immortality as such, were taken from Night Elves.

Until that point, the night elves haven't aged. Now they do. If you were a former immortal that is aging now, I'm pretty sure you'd be angry, in addition to being visibly older.

Because how boring would it be with every Night Elf appearing with a Justin Bieber baby-faced, smooth as a baby's bottom visage? Very.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost immortality and I guess age caught up with them a bit.

Deleted
    Blizzard re-used the same skeleton (with minor tweaks) for nearly all old races, and wanted to keep the polygon count low. There's y our answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont question the aesthetics of vanilla player models...forget its there, turn on Show Helm and wait for a full rework.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    Just a clarification; the Night Elves lost their immortality when Nordrassil was destroyed to defeat and prevent Archimonde from absorbing its energies. It's unclear if they regained their immortality now that it has been healed, though it would seem not.
    strange females havent aged then...

To everyone who has very compelling arguments about aging and lost immortality...

Why does this not apply then to female Night Elves?

10+ Year Old Account
    I came here to remark on how, for a race that is meant to represent both strength and guile, and an ethereal quality, male night elves are an abomination (by the games character model), oversized hands and forearms, tiny heads, waistline that looks like liposuction gone wrong, and a run animations that looks like they need to drop a log.

As for the age thing, well, thats been answered, there not ageless anymore, its draenei who now have that.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, it is strange that there are no elder looking female night elves. Perhaps physical beauty is inherent in their genetics, which would explain Azshara.
    oooh ho ho ho, no silly goblin, its just because the devs love boobies. You can't have pretty races that look ugly can you? Ooooooh ho ho ho!

Really, how else do you explain there attempts to try and make a female werewolf look 'pretty' and failing miserably at it. ITS A WEREWOLF, they are not meant to be pretty!
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Night Elves are basically ageless and are meant to represent youthful appearances. So why is it the male Night Elves look like angry, gnarled old men with the thickest muscles on Azeroth?
    Because your first sentence is utter bullshit and fabrication. They were only "immortal" for a period of ten thousand years between the War of the Ancients and the events of WC3. They never were ageless, and nobody except you claims they represent youthful anything.

I concur. Female worgen look atrocious.
    My main's a worgen female, and I have to agree. The alpha models looked amazing. This? Less so.