Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly liked the new meaner/tougher Horde that he brought to the table, but he has taken it a tad too far. Time to bring in a leader that promotes peace and flower picking....

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The whole Hellscream line is a disgrace for the Horde, time to put him and all his relatives down for good.
    The ironic thing, the Gorehowl is one of the most iconic weapons of the horde since it began, with Grom whirling the axe as it whistled though the air and sliced though anything in his way. So iconic, that it killed an demi god, and the demon lord that corrupted the orcs race.

Yet now... its reduced to this...

In a weird way, seeing gorehowl like this just really marks the end of a line. If there was a way to carry on the hellscream line, the gorehowl would have survived as something iconic.
    Yet, Garrosh tainted it like he did himself, and even the bones of mannaroth that Thrall once held up as a symbol of the orcs freedom have become corrupted and fused to his body.

Its like, everything Grom died for, the freedom of the orcs, all Thrall built for them, has literally turned into corrupted old god shit and destroyed any symbolism with it.
    #boycottchina

Wouldn't be surprised if the desecration of Gorehowl is intentional symbolism for the corruption of the hellscream legacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    well yeah. But at least with Grom, the axe was used as something in his final moments to kill the thing that corrupted his kind.

This now.. its just a symbol of corruption

So, axe used by grom to end corruption... only for the weapon to be corrupted used in the worst possible, irredeemably way.

I'm actually more mournful about gorehowl then I am for Garrosh, really, an inanimate weapon.
    #boycottchina

Maybe it'll get purified and tossed into a temporal vortex, explaining why Malcazaar had it. /shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    Weren't groms allies mostly orcs tho, I would say put him in a group with goblins, belfs, undead and trolls and he would probably be just as racist towards the other horde races.
    Unlike Garrosh, however, Grom actually respected Thrall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    Weren't groms allies mostly orcs tho, I would say put him in a group with goblins, belfs, undead and trolls and he would probably be just as racist towards the other horde races.
    Grom respected Thralls dream of freedom and salvation. His only complaint ever seemed to be not finding a way to satisfy his lust for fighting and conflict.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, re.: Gorehowl and the Sha'd Up axe... might not be one and the same. (thpoilerth)

Some of the audio clips include people talking about Garrosh apparently leaving Gorehowl behind somewhere. Jaina's and Lor'Themar's sound files seem to indicate this.

I think it shakes out this way:

Lor'Themar - Look here.
    Jaina - Gorehowl.
    Lor'Themar - He left his weapon behind. This means he is completely unhinged.
    Jaina - News to no one, Regent Lord.

Plus Garrosh's fight info refers to a 'new weapon.'

Also there are some differences in the haft binding, head, and blade.

So Gorehowl likely endures... maybe even it will be an element in Hellscream's end, or a reward to his slayer. Having absorbed the deaths of so many powerful entities, it will only become stronger...
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2013-07-02 at 10:49 PM.

Interesting. Maybe the corrupted gorehowl is a mimic of the original and not the axe itself.

Grom Hellscream left a legacy so large that it overshadowed the boy Garrosh. After hearing of the redemption of his father, the young Hellscream takes to the Horde and quickly and easily surpasses himself to a powerful political position as the son of Grom.

Thrall tries his hardest to push Garrosh in the right direction to becoming an intelligent and powerful figurehead, with the help of people like Varok Saurfang, Eitrigg, Carine Bloodhoof and Vol'jin. Garrosh had already captured the hearts and minds of the people with his feats of war in Northrend. He was already meeting some of the criteria to becoming what Thrall wanted him to. But he had fundemental flaws in his personality, much like his father, flaws that Thrall thought he could iron out.

Thrall was likely grooming young Hellscream to succeed him as Warchief, but he was most certainly not ready. When the time came when it was no longer a choice that could be made years later, Thrall had to pick a viable new leader of his creation, the new Horde. Dranosh was dead, Varok and Eitrigg were too old. Both Cairne, Baine, Vol'jin and the Regent Lord were not Orcs, and it was unlikely a non-Orcish warchief would be well received among the vast majority of the Horde. (which were Orcs). Rexxar would likely refuse the position and Nazgrel had very similar flaws, as a leader, that Garrosh did. Garrosh stood out among other possible people to lead in Thrall's stead. He was a hero to the people, the son of a great Orc figurehead and he was a glorious warrior. The oppertunity to give him the chance to lead, with the help of Thrall's most trusted allies and friends, could likely help him along the road to gaining leader qualities.

After Garrosh's position was made permanent, and he had essentially destroyed his relations with both the Darkspear leader Vol'jin and the Bloodhoof leader, Baine. Garrosh isn't unintelligent, but he isn't a clear thinker either. The situation caused by pushing two of the Horde's greatest allies away from him likely frustrated him, causing him to paste the blame onto them. Garrosh harbours a resentment for the Alliance, causing distrust between him and the (in his mind, at least) weak Elves of the Horde. The lack of reason for Garrosh to want to preserve the lives of other Horde races likely began to spur hatred for him among them.

Discovering the new continent of Pandaria, and eventually, the secrets it hides, gave Garrosh the oppertunity to prove himself as leader material. In his mind, he has a legacy to live up to. One as a hero to the Orcs, like his father was. Using all at his disposal, Garrosh sought to create a world where his people alone reigned supreme. A world he came so dangerously close to making a reality.

The entire time, the thought of living up to his father's legacy so ironically accurate.

People may hate Garrosh, but I love him. I love his story and I love his development.

Thank you Blizzard for creating a character I care about. A character I love to hate. Thank you for Garrosh Hellscream.

slime

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    If he'd been slightly more inclusive and less racist, but still totally bent on industry, exploitation of resources, acquiring ancient weaponry, creating awesome war-beasts with stolen flesh-shaping magic, and harnessing dark powers, I'd be 100% on board with Garrosh.

you must not like progressing
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    He's no orc. He's a bastard with no honour.
    He is an Orc and from what I can see he is doing everything in an Orc's nature. I can guarantee when he dies the war between horde and alliance will still be there. Nothing will change by killing him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    you must not like progressing
    Everything I talked about was totally progression. Kick-ass progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    He is an Orc and from what I can see he is doing everything in an Orc's nature. I can guarantee when he dies the war between horde and alliance will still be there. Nothing will change by killing him.
    Are all humans in wow racist fascists who regard all none humans as abominations? Because I swear thats what all humans are like in wow.

How about night elves, are they all xenophobic?

Thats right, as you try and typecast orcs into one catagory so you can understand them easily, I can do exactly the same to alliance races.

But unlike you, I know none of its true, since there are many characters in the lore who show they are not the sum of there supposed stereotype. Saurfang, Rexxar, Eitrigg, Gorgonna, Thrall, Aggra, Rehgar Earthfury, orcs of the earthen ring. With humans you have Anduin, Tirion, most of the argent crusade.

Just because you have characters like Garrosh and Varian floating around doesn't mean its the sum of all the race.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trav126 View Post
    OP by your logic we should have just let Adolf Hitler take over the world.
    You have issues with reading comprehension. Here is what he said:

Why not just pound the Sha out of him
    By OP's logic hitler case would be pound the Nazi out of him. He tries it again? pound out of him again? Until he gets the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Are all humans in wow racist fascists who regard all none humans as abominations? Because I swear thats what all humans are like in wow.
    Against orcs? Yup.
    How about night elves, are they all xenophobic?
    Yup
    Thats right, as you try and typecast orcs into one catagory so you can understand them easily, I can do exactly the same to alliance races.
    And that is pretty much why we still have PvP in WoW universe.
    But unlike you, I know none of its true, since there are many characters in the lore who show they are not the sum of there supposed stereotype. Saurfang, Rexxar, Eitrigg, Gorgonna, Thrall, Aggra, Rehgar Earthfury, orcs of the earthen ring. With humans you have Anduin, Tirion, most of the argent crusade.
    That's still 20 or so units out of millions in the world. Go figure.
    Just because you have characters like Garrosh and Varian floating around doesn't mean its the sum of all the race.
    Loud minority always sum of all the race. and silent majority allows them to do so... every... single... damn... time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    I'm confused, being an Orc what has Garrosh done wrong that grants him death?
    I think, the thing is, Garrosh represents what the Horde was not supposed to be. The orcs were done with conquest, and the Horde was formed as an alliance between races with rather separate interests, but one key interest in common - a desire for a place to live free from oppresion. The orcs helped the Tauren and Trolls, then later the Goblins. The Forsaken helped the Blood Elves. They've all helped each other in some way or another. I think, far more than in the Alliance case, the Horde model prior to Garrosh granted greater sovereignty to each individual faction within their own territory. If you were an Orc going to do quests in Forsaken territory, you were less a 'soldier of the Horde', but more an 'envoy/reinforcement from Orgrimmar'. Along those same lines, if Orgrimmar pledged reinforcements for Lordaeron, that wouldn't necessarily mean you'd see any Taurens or Trolls going. Horde leaders and factions had a greater capacity for self-determination.

Interestingly, I've always seen the Alliance as more unified and singular society, but recently they seem to exemplify what the Horde used to - the Dwarves have been so introspective since the loss of Magni and the formation of the Council of Three Hammers. The Night Elves, apart from their commitment to the effort in Pandaria, seem to enjoy a high level of autonomy. This is interesting to me, because it all seems to have unfolded at the same time the Alliance got something that they hadn't before then, that the Horde did - an analogue of the Warchief, the "High King".
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss