Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I let someone use my account one time, and I'm curious about something?

During Cataclysm I pretty much got burnt out on playing WoW, and told guys on Skype that I wouldn't be playing anymore. Since I had time left on my account one of my guild members told me he wanted to play around with my character, and I didn't really care about the game anymore so I said "sure, why not." A few weeks later I got bored and checked my armory and noticed that my character was completely naked, so I tried to log on and found out that my password was changed. I was able to reset my password, and found out that every item (PVE, PVP etc.) had been vendored, and all of my gold had been taken etc.

I made a ticket to Blizzard lying and pretending like my account had been hacked. Blizzard restored all of my items, but I never saw the guy who did that to me ever again. Does anyone know if I probably got this player banned for alleged hacking or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    First you break the rules, forbidding you to let other people use your account..
    Then you flat out LIE to Blizzard to have your gear returned..

.....and NOW you worry about someone might get banned?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

If he did the stripping-and-selling from the same IP range he normally plays from and sent the gold to his own characters there's a good chance that he did get banned for it.
    Maybe even before you contacted blizzard, they have good automated tools to catch that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    First you break the rules, forbidding you to let other people use your account..
    Then you flat out LIE to Blizzard to have your gear returned..

.....and NOW you worry about someone might get banned?
    I actually hope I did get him banned because it makes me really mad that he like completely lied to me, and convinced me that he just wanted to mess around in Arenas with a fully geared Rogue, then apparently immediately changed my password and sold all of my stuff, and jacked everything. I'm just curious if he got in trouble for that or anything? Or if Blizzard let him keep the profit and just restored my stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    I actually hope I did get him banned because it makes me really mad that he like completely lied to me, and convinced me that he just wanted to mess around in Arenas with a fully geared Rogue, then apparently immediately changed my password and sold all of my stuff, and jacked everything. I'm just curious if he got in trouble for that or anything? Or if Blizzard let him keep the profit and just restored my stuff?
    Your own fault, you shouldn't give someone your account information.
    Even if your bored or not, just keep it to yourself, WoW is a game that you will probably return to in the future, so best to keep everything for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, YOU lied.. Because Blizzard ALWAYS ask you, if you have given you password to others, when you report hacking/missing gear..

If you answered no, you lied, but got gear back.
    If you answered yes, you would have been banned and not gotten anything.

Your post clearly stateswhat you answeed.. Either way, I hope you will get banned yourself, when Blizzard looks through your case..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

No, YOU lied.. Because Blizzard ALWAYS ask you, if you have given you password to others, when you report hacking/missing gear..

Your post clearly stateswhat you answeed.. Either way, I hope you will get banned yourself, when Blizzard looks through your case..
    Notice how this was during Cataclysm? Like Dragon Soul wasn't even out when this occurred, so I don't think I have to worry about anything. I went nearly a year and a half without re-subscribing. And yes, I did lie. I admitted that.

Also learned my lesson not to trust people on WoW anymore. :-\

10+ Year Old Account
    Notice how this was during Cataclysm? Like Dragon Soul wasn't even out when this occurred, so I don't think I have to worry about anything. I went nearly a year and a half without re-subscribing. And yes, I did lie. I admitted that.

Also learned my lesson not to trust people on WoW anymore. :-\
    So?

It have been in the ToU since Vanilla, that you are only allowed to share you account with ONE of you children under 18 years old or ONE minor child, of which you are the legal guardian..
    This is not a court of law, so there is no statute of limitation....

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my, the chivalry in this thread is blinding. I didn't know they made horses so high.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account

FuxieDK, why do you talk like someone who has never lied before? Are you someone who follows all the rules all the time and then scold others like a disappointed mother scolding her child? It seems that way to me. I like your emphasis you use on certain words. I imagine you typing all of that with your fists on your waists, if that were possible. I'm not flaming you, I am just making an observation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Oh my, the chivalry in this thread is blinding. I didn't know they made horses so high.
    Sums up my thoughts.

Afaik, you can't see if the player was banned and Blizzard won't tell you. Good that you got your stuff back, I know you lied and all, but WoW is a game where you don't think you'll play again and then you get the urge to come back at some point.

Deleted

For all you know, you or your friend's PC might be compromised and you may have just been hacked the old fashioned way. I've seen it happen after only a week or two of inactivity. You say you came back ''after a few weeks''. so really your certainty is unjustified to say the very least.

Not sure where people are getting off pointing out that some posters here are riding pretty high horses in terms of their morality. The OP's trying to get their 'friend' banned because they suspect they might have tried to ninja the loot he never intended to use again, and isn't even sure that friend is guilty. I think their low opinion of him is pretty well justified.

If my RL friend for over 20 years had not let me play on his account when he was Overseas. I know for a fact that I wouldn't have ever started playing this game. that whole thing is kinda a joke IMO, who cares as long as they get their 12-15 bucks a month who is playing/ paying for the account.

ONe of my other firends also gave me their account back in late Wrath early Cata, I just merged it to my battle.net account and blam got a free 70 warrior and 80 mage FTW.
    Last edited by schwank05; 2013-07-03 at 01:35 PM.

he most likely got a ban or something.

but lesson learned, never give away your acc. you might come back later.

It's your fault, buddy.

Even if you do get banned, it's a cheap price to pay for an invaluable lesson in the duplicity of "friends".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

LOL I think 2-3 people actually read the dam original post...sheesh. He's not asking to get anyone banned, the timeframe in question was LONG LONG ago...he was simply asking if anyone thinks his "friend" got banned for his actions. I'd say it's likely he did, if you only waited a couple weeks after giving him access to report it there's a good chance he was reprimanded.

Either that or he name changed/transferred with all his shiny new gold
    ---------------------------
    FuriousG

Have you tried checking him/his alts on armory?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuriousG View Post
    LOL I think 2-3 people actually read the dam original post...sheesh. He's not asking to get anyone banned, the timeframe in question was LONG LONG ago...he was simply asking if anyone thinks his "friend" got banned for his actions. I'd say it's likely he did, if you only waited a couple weeks after giving him access to report it there's a good chance he was reprimanded.

Either that or he name changed/transferred with all his shiny new gold
    It's hard to read when your righteousness shines like the sun.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Why is everyone accusing him of lying when he's already admitted that?