Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    ? Just jumped into play and thought the best part of playing has been all of the options regarding the talent trees. Don't really see what is so overwhelming about the game...

There is some redundancy with abilities across different specs (for example, two abilities that deal the same amount of damage, just have different names, from different trees) that is a little annoying, I think really that's the only issue I have with the different trees atm.

The important thing to note is that the types of damage and which tree will be different so other abilities and talents/procs will modify them differently so you know which one to use

Quote Originally Posted by Recondition View Post
    The important thing to note is that the types of damage and which tree will be different so other abilities and talents/procs will modify them differently so you know which one to use
    Yeah. I think in my example it was a damage ability for sentinels/wardens with a 2 sec cast time that did the same dmg? I'd have to look again. That toon also has 2 dots from 2 different trees, one does life dmg and the other does....I forget dmg....but since the dots stack it's not like I have to choose between one or another.

Edit: looked and it is bolt of light (life dmg, sentinel) and flame lance (purifier, fire) and yeah there are modifiers in the talent trees for both...haven't picked up those points yet, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah. I think in my example it was a damage ability for sentinels/wardens with a 2 sec cast time that did the same dmg? I'd have to look again. That toon also has 2 dots from 2 different trees, one does life dmg and the other does....I forget dmg....but since the dots stack it's not like I have to choose between one or another.

Edit: looked and it is bolt of light (life dmg, sentinel) and flame lance (purifier, fire) and yeah there are modifiers in the talent trees for both...haven't picked up those points yet, though.
    Yea there shouldn't be anymore pointless redundancies in the trees. What I mean is that if the damage is the same it should be increased in damage in some way from something later on (be it a passive, root, or speccable ability).

I like the options, personally. I play a lot solo, so "top" specs are less important to me than specs I can use for questing, farming, or doing zone events and stuff, and the sheer variety is a good thing, IMO. Right now, I'm loving my rogue, but I know if I get bored with this spec, it's simple to just change over to something else. If I decide I wanna go range instead of melee, I have several other souls I can test(one with a pet, if I care to try that style of play). If I wanna If I want a more stealth focused spec, I can go assassin, or if I want lots of aoe stuff, I can try tactician or sabateur, if I want to try "real" tanking I can go full riftstalker rather than hybrid, hell, if in the incredibly unlikely case I wanna be a healer, I can support heal with tactician, or wait till the next expansion and get an actual healer soul...