View Poll Results: What will the new level 75 talent be?

Voters
140. This poll is closed
  • An old Restoration Talent from the previous Expansion

28 20.00%
  • An entirely new ability.

74 52.86%
  • A combination of new and old.

38 27.14%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The new Lvl 75 talent prediction thread

So with HTT going baseline, we'll be getting a new talent to compete with Ancestral Guidance and Conductivity.

Given the nature of the tier, and the type of talents you think the class needs, what talent do you think will be created to take the place of Healing Tide Totem?

Here are some considerations;

You have to remember that the new talent has to
    (1) Be useful for all 3 specs. Something that only effects Resto throughput, healing on the move, plays with Chain Heal, etc is going to be a no go because its useless for DPS specs
    (2) It can not be a DPS increase. If they added a DPS increasing talent to a tier with 2 healing talents, it would be immediately mandatory for maximum
    Here are some ideas I thought sounded really good;

Stone Shield from Endus, MMOC;

The best possible solution is some kind of absorb/damage reduction single-target shield talent, IMO. That would make it noticeably different from AG/Conductivity, meaning there's less need to directly balance it against them (and rendering the tier fairly boring, choice-wise, as a result), and also giving Resto Shaman a fair chance at being tank healers if they want to be. They could choose to be a tank healer, and take that, or a raid healer, and take AG (or maybe Conductivity, if the tweaks work out).

If they don't want to go with absorbs, then something like this could work;

Stone Shield - 3 minute cooldown - Provides the target a shield, absorbing (X) damage, and reducing damage taken by 30%. The shield can be recharged by overhealing from the Shaman who cast it, increasing the total protection to as high as (X*3).

I'm not sure where X should be, off the top of my head, but the idea would be that you could use it either as a single-hit absorb for the 30% reduction, or a solid resistance against a heavy DoT effect, if you can keep enough healing on the target to keep it charged up and not broken. It also prevents it being too OP in PvP, since if you pop it before a burn, you only get X protection, but if you pop it pre-emptively in PvE, you can triple that. With something like a 15s duration total unless broken; it's not something you could keep up forever, like Earth Shield. It also prevents it being stupidly strong for soloing Enh/Eles, though still of obvious use.
    Telluric Currents from Shaima on the Official Forums;

I'd like to see Telluric Currents as your new lvl 75 talent.

Telluric Currents: Your lightning bolts restore mana, and heal you and targets around you when you do damage.

Given the Lightning Bolt buff (move while casting) that you guys got last patch, that could be a really nice talent.
    Focused Insight from Flinntte on the Official Forums;

I still wish there was a way they could work the old Focused Insight passive back into a talent. It was kinda neat, but no one ever took it because there weren't enough talent points to spare. Maybe something like:

Focused Insight: Your Shock spells increase the healing done by your next healing spell by 30% and reduce the mana cost by 30%.

Basically the same as the old version. It could be made more interesting, but I like the Shock component, since Shocks are used often for the dps specs anyway.
    And of course a lot of people want Spirit Link Totem to become the next talent.

So what do you think? What will be the next Level 75 talent to replace HTT?

Also please participate in the poll.

Whatever it is, it's going to have to be better than AG, which is pretty damn hard to top for ELE/ENH usage. Conductivity is useless in any situation compared to it.

My left knee is telling me that it's going to be something passive.

Please something passive, I don't have space for more hotkeys ^^

I think something like a wide line ability that is in the form of a Giant tidal wave that washes across the target area - Dealing Damage and Healing.

If anyone plays league make it similar to Nami's Ult.

Or

A Lightning Storm replaces Healing Rain. Works like Viktor's ult - Follows the target around dealing Damage (and healing in this case)
    Last edited by Akool; 2013-07-04 at 03:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euerfeldi View Post
    Please something passive, I don't have space for more hotkeys ^^
    Some want something akin to the Druid's Ysera's Gift. That could be interesting if it is orginal enough in concept.

Deleted
    Improved HST

Removes CD, GCD and increases number of targets healed by 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be cool to have a single target healing ability, something that modifies healing surge

a) copies x amount of the healing surges you cast for z amount of time to players within Y range).
    b) your healing surge won't consume the clearcasting/tidal waves/maelstrom stacks for x seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akool View Post
    I think something like a wide line ability that is in the form of a Giant tidal wave that washes across the target area - Dealing Damage and Healing.

If anyone plays league make it similar to Nami's Ult.

Or

A Lightning Storm replaces Healing Rain. Works like Viktor's ult - Follows the target around dealing Damage (and healing in this case)
    I agree. It seems odd to only have 2 talents that are damage/healing = healing/damage. While Pally's and Priests have 3 of them each.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

What about a passive that makes your Healing Rain centered on you, even if you move?

Conductivity = stationary long HR
    AG = burst of healing
    Healing Cloud = moving HR (maybe make it insta-cast if that's not OP)

I feel it will be an improved Healing Stream Totem with perhaps no cd and/or the its heal affecting additional targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    What about a passive that makes your Healing Rain centered on you, even if you move?

Conductivity = stationary long HR
    AG = burst of healing
    This would prob be the best. I know almost 100% of Rshammys would take the Moving HR for fights like Durumu. AG would do for fights like Megaera and Condu would be for fights like Ultraxion.

Telluric Currents from Shaima on the Official Forums;
    DPS to Heal is already problematic on healers, I don't see how it's any less broken on DPS, as those will sacrifice no DPS at all, while ending up with a 30-40k HPS/s contribution. That way you get two more raid CD's (HTT) while keeping your heal equal, just for taking two elemental shamans. So doesn't work for enh/ele.
    The mana gain is also highly problematic, as it could (depending on how much you gain) that you could just stop caring about mana all together.

Stone Shield from Endus, MMOC;
    While I agree that restoration need a tank CD, if it's available to DD specs just as well, it would trivialize most, if not all tank mechanics [in 25's].

"It need's to be baseline, blizzard doesn't listen to us at all". This time not for HTT, but for this talent.

Improved HST
    Seems about the best suggestion, if worked out correctly. +X% heal, +Y targets. It needs to be on the CD though, cause otherwise the glyph would imply that it is a permanent 10% elemental damage reduction on the entire raid (at least in 10's, though enh/ele could cover the raid in 25's)

Im all for the attonement-like Telluric Currents idea, just scrap the mana return, priests have theirs, monks have theirs, too, druids just got wrath attonement, so I dont see why we couldnt get it, too.

(This is a re-post, just saw there's a dedicated thread for the subject)

passive: Divine Spirit: now you cast ascestral spirit when in battle. (cast time reduced by 70%)

Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    Tbh I could see this as a decent glyph, would give a proper choice on how to use healing rain for the player which is what all glyphs are supposed to be about.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree that restoration need a tank CD, if it's available to DD specs just as well, it would trivialize most, if not all tank mechanics
    Don't DPS warriors have a tank cd? I fail to see this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wigwam View Post
    Whatever it is, it's going to have to be better than AG, which is pretty damn hard to top for ELE/ENH usage. Conductivity is useless in any situation compared to it.
    I don't expect Conductivity to survive the PTR. Its a pretty awful talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Im all for the attonement-like Telluric Currents idea, just scrap the mana return, priests have theirs, monks have theirs, too, druids just got wrath attonement, so I dont see why we couldnt get it, too.
    I like it as well. There's lots of things you can do with that ability, and it gives us a heal on the move along with a DPS to heal ability that Restoration lacks as a spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    I feel it will be an improved Healing Stream Totem with perhaps no cd and/or the its heal affecting additional targets.
    You mean just restore the old HST from Cataclysm? Would that help with our shortcomings?

Quote Originally Posted by Kesandri View Post
    Tbh I could see this as a decent glyph, would give a proper choice on how to use healing rain for the player which is what all glyphs are supposed to be about.
    Whilst I'd personally love it, going back to the original Holy Radiance for paladins when it was a self-cast aura, they removed it because they didn't like the design of someone having their output dictated by their own position in relation to the raid, so I'd be surprised if they did it.

If they did though, I'd probably take it if it was a glyph!

Focused insight I would love, would be really awesome. What I'd personally like to see is a mid-low CD healing cast, maybe an empowered Chain Heal that causes it to bounce extra times and back to targets, or something of that ilk, so obviously passive healing with conductivity, small scale spammable healing CD with this, and high CD burst with AG. It would make it similar to the Paladin Holy top tier, with the choice between long cooldown high AoE healing of Light's Hammer vs. the short cooldown medium AoE healing of Prism.

I could be completely off though, just hoping there's a nice extra button to press for clutch healing instead of long CD AG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really hoping its not another CD. I think Shaman have enough CDs as is.