Page 4 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    This is rumored to be the proc on tank legendary cloak http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/146193-endurance-of-niuzao. Wonder if there are any restrictions to what it can absorb since it could potentially negate a lot of boss mechanics.
    Yeah, I was thinking that; a 60-second original Ardent Defender is... Powerful, to say the least. The thing is, they're going to have to have it work on pretty much everything, otherwise there's next to no point in having it. My problem is that it potentially makes it our default cloak for the next expansion, so good is that proc.

Maybe that's what they're going for. o.O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking that; a 60-second original Ardent Defender is... Powerful, to say the least. The thing is, they're going to have to have it work on pretty much everything, otherwise there's next to no point in having it. My problem is that it potentially makes it our default cloak for the next expansion, so good is that proc.

Maybe that's what they're going for. o.O
    The wording on it makes it sound like it will only absorb if the attack would kill you, with no DR on it like AD.
    im not denyin its gonna be OP when you do need it, It just feels very lackluster...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    The wording on it makes it sound like it will only absorb if the attack would kill you, with no DR on it like AD.
    im not denyin its gonna be OP when you do need it, It just feels very lackluster...
    My point is that you can plan around it - think of Nazgrim's Execute, for example, and the potential Vengeance gain from simply absorbing the second one.

I'm also considering the hugely inflated item level of this cloak compared to everything else. It's going to be approaching 650, I'd imagine, which is a ridiculous level for this expansion.

If anything, it's another clue that the item squish is about to happen.

You heard it here first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    My point is that you can plan around it [...]
    I had a different idea/worry in my mind: what if that item never drops? Catas last tier boni (raid wide shieldwall) were more or less mandatory for sucessful heroic raiding but those item had a certain dropchance (25-40% due to token drop).

If an encounter designer has to assume that we can reduce every other aoe damage by 1/3 (ie: slime spawn on tornado shamans) and that we'll have our personal- & raidcooldowns avaible 40% more often (current ptr entries suggest that at least for Devotion Aura & Rallying Cry) they can release hell on those of us without such drops, especially the latter one.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102306-5-...-boss-x-loot-x

Looking at the other tank gains we should estimate (with ~40% reduction, might be more heroic and less on flex/lfr versions):

60->36s on demo shout
    120->72s on shield wall
    180->108s on Last Stand, RC and Reck - maybe demo banner as well (all?)
    300->180s on Shattering Throw

That's by far the biggest push every tank can wish for, outshining our crit-block-cap goal by a fair margin and while we likely give away an arm for the new 2 piece tanking bonus we're even more likely to name our next newborn after the designer of this trinket.

Other trinkets:
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102305-5-...-boss-x-loot-x (14% more mastery, strength procc)
    That trinket could save us ~ 2500 mastery in exchange for a bunch of stamina.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102296-5-...-boss-x-loot-x (flat stam, aoe reduce)
    Might come handy on some fights, but my guess: cooldown will be to long (120s) to matter that much.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102297-5-...-boss-x-loot-x (flat dodge, selfheal, more dodge)
    Even on a vengeance spree (400k dps) this trinket would only add 10k hps, i doubt that it will be worth a second thought. Funny (or not): it's on use is rather similar to the DMC version but with the cooldown & duration. I always preferred the 10/60s idea because you could just pop it when your other stuff was down and the boss still was red and angry. With Riposte it's ~8.5% crit for it's duration.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102307-5-...-boss-x-loot-x (flat stam, crit on use)
    Yes, crit on use. Might be a good choice for druids, but only mediocre for monks and uninteresting (outside of the stam) everyone else from a defensive PoV. 16.5% crit in a burst window on the other hand might come in handy... but it's imho still to unreliable similar to ie popping reck with our current 10% raidbuffed crit chance.

-legendary-
    I wouldn't worry to much about the cloak and it's o-sh*t-mechanic. I hardly doubt that Blizzard can/will design the fights around it because they simply can't assume that the majority of their raiders spend their last 1-1,5 years on doing all the previous step to obtain that cloak just to soak a 'fatal attack of doom' every 60s. This might stand in the opposite to the rest of my post but drop chance vs months of dedication is still a big difference, imho.

Ps: Don't want to start another witch-hunt but i wonder about prot paladins: they can already reach almost 50% cooldown reduction on divine protection (either 20% overall damage reduce like demo shout or 40% magical damage reduction for 10s) with a haste build - will that beauty end up being almost perma up for them with that new trinket + a certain redesigned talent?

Looks like it's more or less safe to assume that 2 piece bonus + that trinket will at least guarantee bone shield being perma up for DKs. I wasn't aware that they might be in such a bad defensive state, given that neither druids nor monks got any love in this regards. Especially when you think about reducing magical damage which is something at least we warriors can do rather easily with barrier +def stance boni while both agility wearers already only have a few tools against.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-06-28 at 02:31 PM.

Deleted
    Surely Blizzard wouldnt make some tank classes/specs completely OP Klaus... You're beeing crazy now.

The next thing you'll tell me is that resto shamans haven't gotten a healing buff yet...

39% increased cooldown recovery rate sounds more like it's a 1/1.39 multiplier rather than a .61 multiplier which would be more like 28% cd red

You know I read through and I'm kind of surprised no one even mentioned the new passive prot/blood is getting. For those that might not have seen....

Riposte (New) When you dodge or parry any attack, you gain 50% of your Parry and Dodge as additional Critical Strike for 20 sec. Warrior - Protection Spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyno View Post
    You know I read through and I'm kind of surprised no one even mentioned the new passive prot/blood is getting. For those that might not have seen....

Riposte (New) When you dodge or parry any attack, you gain 50% of your Parry and Dodge as additional Critical Strike for 20 sec. Warrior - Protection Spec.
    Then i'm sorry sir, but i think you might be very bad at reading, there is atleast a whole thread on the subject and i imagen it's mentioned here aswell.

Eitherway at the moment it's pretty shit, since it's based on rating and not the actual % number, which it would need to be to get us near the 30% mark Ghostcrawler apperently wants us at.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    Then i'm sorry sir, but i think you might be very bad at reading, there is atleast a whole thread on the subject and i imagen it's mentioned here aswell.

Eitherway at the moment it's pretty shit, since it's based on rating and not the actual % number, which it would need to be to get us near the 30% mark Ghostcrawler apperently wants us at.
    So it is that's what I get for trying to read before I've had my morning coffee.

Anyone actually tested last 4 bosses on PTR? I did only 3 myself. I must say (I know it's only PTR plus had a old PTR T14 char only available) but going for full crit made me die really quickly while on mastery/sta build it was quite decent (with better dps then usual but still behind paladin). On bosses that I tested the magic damage was quite signicifant tho which made me think if I won't go more stamina oriented (10m). Been of course swapped out for Immerseus due to solo tanking via paladin (2 stacks were not big deal while I had to pop something major, 3 was not an option) so still bit fucked up with it.

Would like to test on Monday with new ultimatum and TC damage to see if we can proc some more of those free/critable HS's to boost damage (and where is that 30% crit still..).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Looking at the other tank gains we should estimate (with ~40% reduction, might be more heroic and less on flex/lfr versions):
    The tooltip for the item is currently wrong. The proc itself is only 17%

http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/146025-readiness

It reduces the CD on the following;
    Rallying Cry
    Recklessness
    Shield Wall
    Last Stand
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2013-06-29 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    39% increased cooldown recovery rate sounds more like it's a 1/1.39 multiplier rather than a .61 multiplier which would be more like 28% cd red
    This indeed makes more sense
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    The tooltip for the item is currently wrong. The proc itself is only 17%
    With that numbers it seems to be okayish for a dps trinket but not to much desireable on a tanking trinket, the reduce would be to low to make a worthwhile impression.

Crazy thought: what's with the two piece pvp trinket boni - fortitude (-10% damage taken)?

- trinkets are only 522 and not upgradeable, most proccs are mediocre at best... http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=100652 + http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=100591. Combined they would only add 3500 stamina (new trinkets trinkets already add 3k stamina on normal... per piece!), last stand on use and a pvp insignia effect which might only be useful for the new Faction Champion esque fight General N... but 10% less overall damage taken on the other hand sounds super strong and currently it's not limited to pvp/versus players.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-06-30 at 03:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    - trinkets are only 522 and not upgradeable, most proccs are mediocre at best... http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=100652 + http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=100591. Combined they would only add 3500 stamina (new trinkets trinkets already add 3k stamina on normal... per piece!), last stand on use and a pvp insignia effect which might only be useful for the new Faction Champion esque fight General N... but 10% less overall damage taken on the other hand sounds super strong and currently it's not limited to pvp/versus players.
    Looking at 10 man I could see that beeing worth while for us tbh, as generally shit doesn't hit that hard (we dont need to gem stamina and what not) and a flat 10% reduction is pretty damn good.

Deleted
    One of those is a horde version and one alliance though so they can't be paired. I believe there is a 1500 crit version though which is to be paired with those. Looking at the current changes improving crit for some tanks it might be worth looking at.

Yes, Emblem is a Crit + Hp on use (http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=100626) so it could be something nice but it's still slight stamina/crit boost, DR is pretty decent tho. Would have to see as Clampy said how really crit would improve us but some of those new trinkets might be really decent (if not way better) if we would be able to see their cd's etc.

Let's see if there would be some changes after todays boss testing for warriors as it still not ideal.
    Last edited by Ashenia; 2013-07-01 at 07:05 PM.

Deleted
    Unless my maths is wrong this trinket works out at 1632.5 average rating while the PVP trinket gives 1467 rating.

Its really not that far behind baring in mind you get a 10% damage reduction instead. Personally the other trinkets look cool, but I think a reduction to overall damage would be far superior than a 34 or 14% reduction to AoE damage which you can usually move out of.

I guess we have to look at the boss abilities and see what we can and can't avoid. It seems strange to add a trinket that reduces AoE effects when you can usually move out of all of them.

Deleted
    Last line of today's bluepost:
    Equipping any pair of PvP trinkets from Season 12 or later will now grant a 10% reduction in damage taken from other players.
    So that's off the table.

AoE abilities are also all auras that tick every few seconds to my understanding but besides that i haven't seen a useful spot for it just yet.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-07-01 at 08:24 PM.

Deleted
    Probably should have expected that but it would have been fun if it slipped through.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sigh...no update to Riposte yet... WRU update so we can start to test out the new ultimatum and crit%???

On the frontpage today, something about prot warrior slam... Error or am I a bad reader?