Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Is anyone honestly against just a basic interrupt? Why are they complicating this so much.

I also don't care if it has to be roundabout like this; I'm just happy to see a non-pet interrupt back on the table for SV and BM. Now to bribe Blizzard with cookies until they reduce the CD to bring it back in line with Silencing!

Big question. Does the Glyph take Scatter Shot off the GCD?

Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    Big question. Does the Glyph take Scatter Shot off the GCD?
    prolly not, so the glyph will be useless for pve as well. thats how hunters nerf work buddy you shouldnt be asking this.

All it means now is 2 silences for mm + wyvern stings into traps, since that tier is now open.

Quote Originally Posted by redrobin3 View Post
    You realize that SS was MM only forever and that scatter shot is the only reason a trap can be landed in the first place. You take this glyph you give up your right to trap players that are aware of their surroundings.
    Yeah, who cares. You do realize Intim was BM only forever, literally, right? far longer than SS was for MM.

Keyboard Turner
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    prolly not, so the glyph will be useless for pve as well.
    Indeed, and to mention its already half the range of Silencing Shot, it will have no role in PvE play.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Is anyone honestly against just a basic interrupt? Why are they complicating this so much.
    No, pretty sure you, me, and a few others gave an extremely easy baseline interrupt (talented silence) that would not mess with Scattertrap at all. I don't get why they're doing this.

As I posted in another Thread :

As much as I hate Silencing shot from hunters, since Blanket Silences seem to me to be the laziest of interrupts. I still Understand the need for hunter specs to have an interrupt.

Maybe an Idea for Blizzard would be:

Baseline Talent - All Specs - Flashbang:

A sudden explosive device shot at the target momentarily surprises them, interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 5 sec. 20sec Cooldown.

But have MM have a passive skill called - Silencing Flash:

Causes your Flashbang to Silence for 3 secs in addition to current effects.

This removes the Loss of an interrupt for Hunters, and allows MM to go back to being the Silence Shot users
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Yet another reason why the replacement interrupt needs to be baseline, not a damned glyph. Then Silencing Shot for MM can simply read, "Replaces Interrupt Shot" (obvious placeholder name).

Having Silencing Shot replace Scatter Shot for MM would be strange. Having the new glyph say "Cannot be taken with Marksmanship Specialization" would be even more awkward.

Despite all that, there is a precedent for a silence and separate interrupt in the same toolkit: Death Knights.
    It would be weird? There are glyphs like this already but they're spec specific instead, so it could be a Survival, Beast Mastery glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzayel View Post
    This will give MM 2 interrupts/silence or a silence + daze and they can still spec for intimidation also.
    Oh wait AND they have binding shot....
    It's gonna make MM the only viable pvp spec in comparison to the others.
    I don't see why having 1 or 2 more ccs available is going to make it the only viable spec, good luck

I don't understand why the new glyph will be mandatory. Yes, on certain fights, it will be mandatory: Horridon, Council(?), some trash. But for the most part, interrupts aren't needed that much throughout most of the bosses of this current tier. You're better off using a combination of other glyphs for other bosses.

And since everyone is always flashing their ideas everywhere. Bring back old stampede, remove their "special abilities" that CC, heal, whatever. Remove scatter shot, baseline Silencing Shot, Glyph for Trap Launcher to target a specific NPC/player. And possibly nerf normal pet CCs depending on whatever else.

Deleted
    Like Jeremy said, glyph won't be mandatory as on some fight you don't have anything to interrupt. Most likely it will be as popular as the glyph of black ice - on some fights it's very helpful, on other you won't even notice having it.

However, I'm not sure why they didn't simply give SS to all as interrupt and Scatter to MM...

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope all those changes stay at PTR and never get live... every attempt to fix SS (or any other loss/nerf) so far was just pure fail. I hope they introduce a seperate pvp/pve tree soon since those changes (for every class) in PvE mid expansion are just stupid. Why do I have to suffer adjustments as already sub par class just for the sake of pvp balance

Quote Originally Posted by Reflex View Post
    All it means now is 2 silences for mm + wyvern stings into traps, since that tier is now open.
    You should probably try understand the difference between an Interrupt and a Silence. The Scatter glyph is just an interrupt. Since the Scatter interrupt will likely be on the GCD you probably don't want to use it anyway if there's someone else that can interrupt and PvP wise you don't want to get rid of Scatter.

Personally I love Binding Shot>interrupt, as like boomkin's solar beam, I can stun/interrupt all stacked targets (need to be skilled at binding arrow placement so that it stuns automatically without the need for them to move. Which is very useful in allowing everyone else interrupts to come off CD, and giving heals a sec to catch up if high dmg going out. Doesn't effect bosses however on fights with secondary harmful adds i.e. horridon, trash pack before dark animus (gg blizz gg), nests duty (I don't think it works on large birds)and for 5.4 it works on adds on Gen. Nazgrim (really nice for rogue dudes + Flare fyi pops them) and omg it will be so awesome on first wave of adds on immerseus + ice trap. And may more useful things to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Yeap. It's stupid, their whole design with glyphs is that none should be mandatory. This whole thing could so easily be fixed by simply making SS a pure interrupt as baseline, and have MM giving it a silence effect (if they want, I don't care).
    Don't bring logic into Blizzard's decisions. I've been suggesting "Interrupting Shot" or similar for ages -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Another nerf.....wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    Like Jeremy said, glyph won't be mandatory as on some fight you don't have anything to interrupt. Most likely it will be as popular as the glyph of black ice - on some fights it's very helpful, on other you won't even notice having it.

However, I'm not sure why they didn't simply give SS to all as interrupt and Scatter to MM...
    It wont. if isnt off gcd, 40 yard range i wont use it at all. no point, i dont get the deal with the interupts. they reverted the change to mages and locks i dont see why we have to eat this now.

most hunters (the ones that actually interupt in progression) are asking for a interupt not a silence or even lockout, just a simple interupt. it needs to be off gcd and should be 40 yard range with a reasonable cd, 15-25 sec at least. if we get anything less than that isnt worth it. pve wise. pvp is another deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    they reverted the change to mages and locks i dont see why we have to eat this now.
    One major reason is that mages and locks don't have mixed voices, especially those saying everything is fine, just wait and see and... oops, patch is live!

The funny part is that we had this whining back in vanilla about ScatterTrap as well. Explaining that we had to

1) give up our safe range
    2) blow two cooldowns where everyone else used one
    3) hope that disorient didn't make them wander out of the trap (oh the multiple times traps were nerfed... arm time, activation range...)
    4) actually strategically position instead of "select target, cast sheep"

always fell on deaf ears.