Poll: Would u quit wow if Ingame shop for real money is added

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Didn't vote because the poll options are stupid. I wouldn't quit because I don't care if other people want to buy stuff, I don't PvP and I don't care what gear other people have in single or group PvE content.
    Same here. Pretty lopsided poll, not sure it's really designed to come out with any answer different than the OP wanted to get.

On topic though, I agree about an in-game store. It's a premium service, people are buying convenience.

I see it as a great way to put hackers and such out of business, always a good thing to protect our accounts and get them out of our hair.

So no, I wouldn't quit. Technically I couldn't quit since I'm already unsubbed and probably will continue to be if the next expansion is Burning Legion again. But if I did decide not to return, it wouldn't be because of an in-game store.

Do not like what I am seeing. I came to WoW from free-to-play micro-transaction games, having found them cheapened with no real sense of achievement (yes, even for EXP gains). I think the subscription model's way more fair to everyone and levels the playing ground, so to speak.

It's a step in a very dangerous direction, Blizzard. And yes, I would seriously consider quitting because it's a sneak peak of things to come the player base's way.

As long as it doesn't become "buy to win" I don't really care.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I have no problem if they wanna sell xp boosts or transmog gear. That's perfectly fine with me, leveling is retarded easy anyway, just a long boring process, if they sold double xp things for like $5 a pop that would be pretty smart really. And transmog gear has no effect on anything.

They will never start selling real gear or mats for professions or anything like that, not worried about it at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    They were pretty obvious when they said "certain regions." I can almost guarantee this is for the Asian market where f2p is much bigger than p2p.

This poll is rather poorly put together. My ideal option would be "No, I wouldn't care in the least." Including that I would only pay for my $15 sub only.

10+ Year Old Account
    I reckon if there is a cash shop it'll have transmog items, and I hope they're trade-able in-game like TERA has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    I reckon if there is a cash shop it'll have transmog items, and I hope they're trade-able in-game like TERA has.
    If they put transmog gear in the cash shop but gave them the Guardian Cub treatment, where it could be sold in-game for gold, that would be great IMO. Then I could use gold rather than real money to get the stuff if I liked it.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Grats OP, you just won the "Most Useless Poll Made on MMO-C Ever!!" award.

Surprised this poll took as long as it did, the day you pay to win in max level raids is the day i quit... until then it doesn't affect me, almost all my toons are max level.

Pfft, it takes 2 weeks to go 1-90. If you wanna spend extra to make it even faster good for you. But it means you're lazy, bad and stupid if you do.

Anything in the cash shop that gives players a direct advantage over others (or over the content) is the day to pack it in. It's bad enough that it's already indirectly happened with the cub pet back in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Thing is though, you need to think about the future prospects, im largely unhappy that you can buy unobtainable things from the store, but ive let it slide because its only pets, mounts I still disagree with. However XP is affecting the game. The next steps could be on par with GW2's store or worse.

And ffs when things are announced you dont wait until its in the game to discuss it, you do it beforehand so public opinion and vital changes can affect it.
    So none of this "you cant complain until its fucking with the game" nonsense.
    Something being datamined from a PTR build isn't anywhere close to an announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Grats OP, you just won the "Most Useless Poll Made on MMO-C Ever!!" award.
    i seeing worst, plus I'm getting good feedback from people in here. I'm sure there few blizzard worker reading these forums & taking notes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    Pfft, it takes 2 weeks to go 1-90. If you wanna spend extra to make it even faster good for you. But it means you're lazy, bad and stupid if you do.
    tell me about it there ppl in lfr & trying to do Normal raid that don't can't even play there class right.
    if your @ end game lvl and u don't know how all your spell/talent work u fail. sadly i see this more and more each day.
    i even ask them did u buy that guy on ebay???

With all this cash shop tomfoolery... WoW going F2P/B2P next expac confirmed? :3

Personally, I would probably come back to WoW if they loosened up the payment model a bit, and if they implemented a GW2 gems-for-gold style system, it'd probably end up working in their favor. I recall some statistics indicating that people pay, on average, $30 a month on a F2P MMO.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

What a shitty move. Of course I quit if they will have a cash shop.

Deleted
    subscription + item shop?!! wtf?
    they said it's possibility in certain regions of the world, I bet they thinking asia, so we shouldnt be worry.

btw poll is bias.
    No I won't quit, but doesnt mean I will buy from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    added a poll. wish u could make poll same time has topic. <_<
    How about a 'No, I don't care' option?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Actual raid gear for sale that would make me quit.
    Now transmog, buffs (exp/rep), ect... I couldn't care less and even may buy some.
    Unless they cost the same as the freaking subscription cost.

So pretty much (Horribly biased poll) "No, I wouldn't quit since it doesn't affect me in any major way."