Page 1 of 132
... LastLast

Why do lesser skilled players feel entitled to see content?

Why do they?

If you are a terrible player who has no chance to ever get into a raiding guild or pug normal modes, why do you expect to see raid content? Thats the reason LFR was implemented but WHY do terribads demand content just for them? LFR was made to see content, but why did Blizzard do so?

I just don't understand how hard can it be to read up on your class for 1 hour, ask a better player for tips and then improve yourself to get into raiding...

I think WoW is going down the toilet if something isn't done soon to stop catering to the majority. Dont get me wrong, im fine with catering to casuals, but not like this. Not this way with giving welfare "special" content just for them rather than incentive to improve your gaming skills.

I've been there, clueless. I learned, asked better players. I've been high rated in PvP and raided top PvE content but we ALL started on the bottom some time. Why cant those who run LFR do the same?

Where is all this "demanding" at?

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Where is all this "demanding" at?

Remember the outcry in the start of Cata regarding 5 man heroic difficulty? People didn't wanna learn how to use CC or not chain pull, they cried for nerfs. This is similar to crying out for nerfs for Garalon for example in LFR which is already "special" content for them.

Deleted
    I swear, the only demands I see are from the 'hardcore' demanding content be restricted to them, even if that content being made available to others does not, will not and can not affect them in any way. This has been discussed over and over, here and elsewhere and frankly it's just pointless to even ask anymore.

Before closed:

Why do you think there is a need for another LFR-hate thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Before closed:

Why do you think there is a need for another LFR-hate thread?
    There is no hate. Topic is: Why doesn't people want to learn instead of wanting to learn? Would you receive welfare IRL or work a good job?

This guy started on the bottom and now he is here. Complaining on a forum. Isn't the higher ilvl gear enough? This is about the 1000th post about this topic, a topic that has been going on for years. First it was in Naxx when the heroics were to easy. Then Cataclysm when LFR popped up, flex raiding, so on and so forth. Why make this topic now?

I don't think any of these "lesser skilled" players feel entitled to see it. It was Blizzard's choice to add it and guess what. They added it. So deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Remember the outcry in the start of Cata regarding 5 man heroic difficulty? People didn't wanna learn how to use CC or not chain pull, they cried for nerfs. This is similar to crying out for nerfs for Garalon for example in LFR which is already "special" content for them.

But that's nerfs for content that they can already see and have access to

An example of "demanding" access to something that would be otherwise be un-obtainable would be thousands of forums posts, and a huge outcry that Ra-Den is not available in LFR.

Or the same public outcry, and thousands of forums posts to make the following achievement more accessible (when it was relevant):

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=5...-i-am#comments

I haven't seen this "demanding" you speak of.

This argument is as thin as arguing why casual readers are entitled to read a book if they're not going to analyze each novel they read word-for-word to understand the societal and personal importance the story they're reading holds.

We get it. You're awesome. Now go be awesome with your awesome friends. You're the exact reason very few people even WANT to reach higher levels of playing the game. Because no one wants to put up with arrogant fools such as your self.

I swear to God I'll pistol whip the next guy who says 'entitled.'
    (Note to mods, that's not a threat to violence, just a fun little Super Troopers reference. Don't smack me with your ruler.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

You mean you read one thread from one individual who had a cry, and you just HAD to inform the internet?

Get over yourself kid, PvE doesn't take skill, it takes practice, research and devotion... i.e. TIME. Most people asking to see content, asked to see it on their terms, not a raid guilds terms. Many of us, who were killing Rag before it was cool, are now in our 30's (or older), with Jobs and families. We wanted to be able to raid on a flexible time frame, not having to commit to a raid schedule. It was never about skill, and just because the odd vocal cry baby whinges on the forums about content being "too hard", doesn't make it the majority.

Grow up, and have fun. It's a game FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzick View Post
    This guy started on the bottom and now he is here. Complaining on a forum. Isn't the higher ilvl gear enough? This is about the 1000th post about this topic, a topic that has been going on for years. First it was in Naxx when the heroics were to easy. Then Cataclysm when LFR popped up, flex raiding, so on and so forth. Why make this topic now?

I don't think any of these "lesser skilled" players feel entitled to see it. It was Blizzard's choice to add it and guess what. They added it. So deal with it.
    I just think its wrong to reward players for minimal efforts. Raids used to be something exclusive. Now there is no real "goal" for non raiders anymore. There arent no unreachable dream that used to be the black temple for me in TBC when i was a clueless kid.

1: The "lesser skilled" players pay the same as you do.
    2: There are a lot more "lesser skilled" players than elite players
    3: Blizzard is a business
    4: Keeping "lesser skilled" players happy makes a lot more money than keeping elite players happy
    5: See point 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    PvE doesn't take skill, it takes practice, research and devotion... i.e. TIME. .
    It is indeed correct. Raiding isnt hard, just takes time

Quote Originally Posted by Payback View Post
    1: The "lesser skilled" players pay the same as you do.
    2: There are a lot more "lesser skilled" players than elite players
    3: Blizzard is a business
    4: Keeping "lesser skilled" players happy makes a lot more money than keeping elite players happy
    5: See point 3
    Yeah, pretty much this.

There is no hate. Topic is: Why doesn't people want to learn instead of wanting to learn? Would you receive welfare IRL or work a good job?
    I'm sorry, I thought the topic was "Why do lesser skilled players feel entitled to see content?"

because this game is not for the top 0,5% alone. there are tons of people out there that can and want to raid but don't have the time to dedicate towards raiding 5 nights a week myself one of them. for us it's nice that you can just qeue and see the content even if it is slimmed down. and don't forget you don't have vent/teamspeak/skype or whatever in lfr that makes some bosses harder

Cause they pay 15$ a month, apparently that means you get everything, which isnt the point of a game
    btw the raiding ____ days a week excuse doesnt work.
    you can raid 2nights a week and clear content (has been done by one legit guild, and one that advertises it)
    You could also raid 1night a week and casually get to 12/12 normal and be happy with it.
    Hell you could probably raid a few hrs and do normal

I just think its wrong to reward players for minimal efforts. Raids used to be something exclusive. Now there is no real "goal" for non raiders anymore. There arent no unreachable dream that used to be the black temple for me in TBC when i was a clueless kid.
    I like how you keep trying to relate to lesser skilled players, but completely destroy any such intent with your completely overbearing and generally unlikeable condescension.

Everything in the game offers rewards. Every. Single. Thing. Even walking to a new zone while you're still leveling rewards you.

Rewards are proportionate to the effort put in. Those willing and capable of raiding at a hardmode level get substantially more powerful rewards.

There is nothing wrong with the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

People pay for this game and then they feel that if they are not able to do everything within the game they are wasting there money, end story no need for a thread of this kind to continue
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

Most of the time it seems like the demands aren't from the low or high end players. It is the ones in the middle just on the edge of going up or down in progression. They see ppl they feel are worse doing as well or better and blame the system rather then themselves. The forums here and on realm sites are littered with raids that run 3 to 4 nights a week doing 8 to 15 hours of raiding and they are sub 12/12 norm or stuck at 1 or 2 heroic kills. They wonder why they have roster issues and blame LFR when it is the crap run and too many hours of it being a crap run.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."