Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Did you even get far enough to test the MC? DPS isn't what we're debating, we know that will come with time. The MC is the part making this impossible, regardless of gear.
    As i said, i live only until 3 stack exhale, so no, no 3rd platform, no mc. I wrote it because it's possible to just zerg him and ignore ALL encounter mechanics, including MC only if your dps is high enough to beat the enrage
    Last edited by Small snowball; 2013-07-02 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Small snowball View Post
    As i said, i live only until 3 stack exhale, so no, no 3rd platform, no mc. I wrote it because it's possible to just zerg him and ignore ALL encounter mechanics, including MC only if your dps is high enough to beat the enrage
    Sorry, but if you're dps is high enough to beat the enrage, you'll still be stuck on the 3rd platform long enough for him to MC you multiple times. I'm not sure how or why you think you can just ignore that mechanic, but I assure you that you can't.

Sorry, but if you're dps is high enough to beat the enrage, you'll still be stuck on the 3rd platform long enough for him to MC you multiple times. I'm not sure how or why you think you can just ignore that mechanic, but I assure you that you can't.
    He begins to cast the Song if there are no ppl in melee range. If he casts Song, he does absolutely nothing, regardless of platform. That's all.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, i suppose he won't even fly on other platforms if he would contantly chanelling song, but it doesn't really matter
    Last edited by Small snowball; 2013-07-02 at 09:27 PM.

Deleted
    He needs ~250k dps now to beat the enrage. It equals ~30k hps in aff and destro because of soul leech. And plus ~60k if you do it with 2t5. Song deals ~100k dps. Additional 10k hps can be done by using defensive cds and things like mortal coil.
    So, if somebody would reach 250k stable dps with 2t5, boss is dead. Maybe 5.4 bis gear will help, i'm not sure.
    Wait a second...
    The 2t5 is 15% of your dps in hps. 15% of 250k is 37.5k, which in fact gives you 40k hps because of fel armor. I don't see where your 60k comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Wait a second...
    The 2t5 is 15% of your dps in hps. 15% of 250k is 37.5k, which in fact gives you 40k hps because of fel armor. I don't see where your 60k comes from.
    Yes, sure, my mistake. Pity, it could work =(
    But, this could be an option for 6.0 if nobody will find the way to deal with MC.
    Last edited by Small snowball; 2013-07-02 at 11:36 PM.

Deleted
    So, nobrain tactics should work atm we could solo him
    Well there's no way we can reach that dps with the 2PT5 anyway, even in T16...
    btw you're sure Song of the Empress is 100k dps? According to wowhead, it's 150k dmg per sec in 10m (so 135k dps with debuff).

There should be easier MoP bosses to solo than this one

There should be easier MoP bosses to solo than this one
    Spirit Kings maybe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    Spirit Kings maybe?
    How does Qiang's Massive Attacks work btw? Will he simply ignore the pet's aggro and target you? Cause it'd be a pretty big no-no and I'm almost sure they did something to prevent pet tanking on this boss.

He begins to cast the Song if there are no ppl in melee range. If he casts Song, he does absolutely nothing, regardless of platform. That's all.
    I misunderstood your original statement, I didn't realize you meant to tank Song, I thought you were talking about surviving Force and Verve. Should work, just needs more gear and dps.

How does Qiang's Massive Attacks work btw? Will he simply ignore the pet's aggro and target you? Cause it'd be a pretty big no-no and I'm almost sure they did something to prevent pet tanking on this boss.
    Assuming he will otherwise destroy your pet it might be entirely possible to kite him, he doesn't move all that fast and he won't use it unless he's in melee range.

And at least this leads me to believe that it might be possible to take a hit every now and again with CDs.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2013-07-03 at 04:40 PM.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

If I remember correctly, the Avoidance thing doesn't apply to his cleaves if the pet is the only target hit by it. Could be wrong, but I remember trying it and having that be the result.

Spirit Kings
    • It is no longer possible for pets to tank Qiang the Merciless.

Not sure exactly how, but they deliberately patched it to make it impossible. Presumably they just won't hold aggro or something.

They probably made it so he will 1 shot them, still leaves the possibility of kiting him depending on how fast he moves.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    They probably made it so he will 1 shot them, still leaves the possibility of kiting him depending on how fast he moves.
    Our guild's feral liked to kite him after wipe command, but only in cat form. Taking in account new KJC and 60 s gateway cd, it would be hard to kite him and beat the enrage

Deleted
    Why not Elegon?
    The 50% dmg/heal buff would help survival through Soul Leech a lot, and I guess the pet won't get any Overcharged debuff (+ Avoidance for the breath). At least I don't see any impossible mechanics.

Why not Elegon?
    The 50% dmg/heal buff would help survival through Soul Leech a lot, and I guess the pet won't get any Overcharged debuff (+ Avoidance for the breath). At least I don't see any impossible mechanics.

Elegon should be doable, but we'll only be able to get a few stacks solo because of the MF nerf, meaning that the final phase will be long as hell. Will be incredibly hard, but maybe possible.

Elegon should be doable, but we'll only be able to get a few stacks solo because of the MF nerf, meaning that the final phase will be long as hell. Will be incredibly hard, but maybe possible.
    10 min hard enrage, as I remember. 294m, +50% damage + some +dmg stacks. Tough enough

Our guild's feral liked to kite him after wipe command, but only in cat form. Taking in account new KJC and 60 s gateway cd, it would be hard to kite him and beat the enrage
    The new KJC would probably make it easier since you can spam incin/SB/MG with no movement penalty. Afflic might actually be the best for it since you can do pretty much your full rotation without stopping.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2013-07-04 at 04:10 PM.

If I remember correctly, the Avoidance thing doesn't apply to his cleaves if the pet is the only target hit by it. Could be wrong, but I remember trying it and having that be the result.
    My guild at the time decided to try pet tanking, what happened was a spontaneous threat drop every now and then. My Voidlord would simply drop all threat every once in a while.
    In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous panderosity.

Quote Originally Posted by kai zayin View Post
    My guild at the time decided to try pet tanking, what happened was a spontaneous threat drop every now and then. My Voidlord would simply drop all threat every once in a while.
    Random threat drops won't really mean much if you maintain the gateway debuff, they can't really do much about that.