Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    Time to learn demo..........Destro/affy are looking pretty bad next patch.
    If you're raiding, a lot of the fights in siege are very aff/demo friendly

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    The question I have is....How are they going to make 5.4 trinkets more attractive than uvls for demo?
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Give them insane procs, aka the ones that are available for testing right now. Though, one of them actually makes UVLS even more attractive so who knows what they plan on doing

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Give them insane procs, aka the ones that are available for testing right now. Though, one of them actually makes UVLS even more attractive so who knows what they plan on doing
    Are you referring to the one with increased crit dmg (plus mastery and haste)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    The question I have is....How are they going to make 5.4 trinkets more attractive than uvls for demo?
    thats fairly easy, all they need to do is make Doom summon a wild imp on tick, instead on crit and then cap the amount of wild imps you can have to like 15-20. That should make UVLS a lot less desirable.

The new soul swap is gonna do the same thing of the old glyphed soul swap but keep the duration of the dots? and without any cd??
    So for multi dotting you can double SB:SS for maximum duration with pandemic and then SS to as many target you can, hmm 2 gcd but no shards , it looks cool for multi when you're out of shard.
    And i think and hope that the corruption tick from MG has it's own 10% proc, meaning that you can MG the target you want, and the lastest corruption you applied has it's own 10% chance to proc nightfall. ALL this mean a big nerf to nightfall when you have multiple corruption rolling, because only one would proc nightfall.

I don't get where this ideas come from. Most of them are just awful way of balancing classes. After we fight with teeth and nails for KJC, we have it back (changed, but ok) and now SS and Corruption.

Imagine the scenario where you have a lot of adds. You then use SS:SoC to inflict corruption on them all. How can you know what add is the most recent? You are forced to waste a GCD on a fucking trash that may die 3 secs later to discover or is there some sort of priority? (As in the most recent corruption aplied would be the very add you used SB:SoC on)

About SS change, until now (without knowing what is gonna be our real numbers, or better, looking at our numbers/tiers right now) it's clearly a nerf. Unless it's a strict two targets encounter, of course. Also, 6 secs is very short and poorly designed. I bet the glyph will turn in something like that: "increase duration of SS inhale to 10 seconds". Because 10 seconds is the most forgivable I can think of.

EDIT: I'm assuming that SB:SW will change too. If it stays as it is right now, I can't see how this can become a nerf.
    Last edited by evertonbelmontt; 2013-07-04 at 03:39 AM.

Deleted
    The soul swap change is because they are incapable of solving the "keep the snapshotted dots forever if 2 targets are alive" bug, which is gameplay they do not want to support.

The nightfall change is welcomed, as it's a single target dps increase. It's only fights like tortos (where you put corruption on adds that are kited) that will be nerfed, but then again, putting corruption on a bunch of adds no1 else in the raid cares about was kind of OP anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I don't get where this ideas come from. Most of them are just awful way of balancing classes. After we fight with teeth and nails for KJC, we have it back (changed, but ok) and now SS and Corruption.

Imagine the scenario where you have a lot of adds. You then use SS:SoC to inflict corruption on them all. How can you know what add is the most recent? You are forced to waste a GCD on a fucking trash that may die 3 secs later to discover or is there some sort of priority? (As in the most recent corruption aplied would be the very add you used SB:SoC on)

About SS change, until now (without knowing what is gonna be our real numbers, or better, looking at our numbers/tiers right now) it's clearly a nerf. Unless it's a strict two targets encounter, of course. Also, 6 secs is very short and poorly designed. I bet the glyph will turn in something like that: "increase duration of SS inhale to 10 seconds". Because 10 seconds is the most forgivable I can think of.

EDIT: I'm assuming that SB:SW will change too. If it stays as it is right now, I can't see how this can become a nerf.
    I already made numerous post saying how fail is afflictions aoe. Blizzard is trying to control the soul shard management. They want aff locks have a smooth streamline on shards and not be totally OP in fights with a lot of adds where you have multidotting. But onbviously they are showing their incompetence. Everysingle expansion they try to change locks but the ingeniouty of the lock community always proves them wrong. Just totally redesign the aoe of affliction. Remove the whole corruption spreading theme, its outdated and totally fail from the time of inception. Just take that portion of dmg and make it a cd based aoe spell that will provide both a snapshot (bursty) aoe combined with seed spaming. Why do i have to waste a shard to get some crappy aoe if i am not gonna get shards back either especially on adds that will die within 5-6 seconds. I mean i will barely get any ticks out of corruption.
    Another thing thats a nice idea that kinda balancdes fights with adds dying frequently aqa drain soul and almost infinite shard is to totallly remove the fact that we get full shards when the add dies while drainsouling. Instead give us an on use spell with like 2min cd that provides us with full shards. This solves a lot of issues for affliction.
    - No instant shard generation from adds dying hence over the top perfoming for locks in fights with scenarios us such.
    - On use multidot (aoe) capabilities for affliction. Example: I am forced to go destro for Jin Kun just for the mere fact that i cant rely on my shards when i fly to the platforms. As it is now if someone decides to go for affliction for this fight blizzard is forcing bad plays.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    I'm sure in the long run so long as you are copying full or near-full duration dots over to a second target it will be a dps gain (obviously copying over the previously mentioned near expiration dots will be a waste), however the concern I have is with the new wording on nightfall. It states that it will only proc on your most recently applied corruption, so if you apply it to a second target, and then the target dies, does that mean you now have to go back to your first target and recast corruption to continue getting procs? One would assume you aren't applying dots to a second target that is at 1% but you never know what circumstances might cause you to have the second one end preemptively.
    To make this new nightfall idea viable they have to implement a sort of stack of corruption where the most recent is the one that counts and once it is expired the next one is pulled out.

If you're raiding, a lot of the fights in siege are very aff/demo friendly
    Ehhh idk, from the fights I've tested so far (which was only like 2-3) I think aff is going to be viable sure but demo in my opinion is going to be quite a bit ahead.
    Last edited by icecoldsir; 2013-07-04 at 08:53 AM.

Aff will be strong on Immerseus, Nazgrim and Malkorak. The strat we used for Dark Shaman wasn't too demo friendly so Aff was better for me there. Demo is clearly better on Paragons and Protectors. The only fight I didn't get to do was Blackfuse.

Aff will be strong on Immerseus, Nazgrim and Malkorak. The strat we used for Dark Shaman wasn't too demo friendly so Aff was better for me there. Demo is clearly better on Paragons and Protectors. The only fight I didn't get to do was Blackfuse.
    Curious why you think aff will be stronger then demo on malkorak with it pure single target which demo pulls ahead of affliction on. also on nazgrim wouldn't demo be better for bursting down the adds since you want to kill them before you run out of stuns or shortly after.

Deleted
    And how will Nightfall procs from MG tie into this? Will we have to channel MG on the the target with the most recent Corruption? That would be insanely stupid.

Also, couldn't you keep superpowered dots running forever with the SS change? SB:SS or manually cast dots on the target you are going to copy on, Inhale, Exhale on the mentioned target, Pandemic kicks in, copy them back, GG, etc.? Only way I could see this not working is when Exhaling dots, Pandemic doesn't work or it just overwrites the duration of the old dots.
    Last edited by mmoc5a65aaa171; 2013-07-04 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    Also, couldn't you keep superpowered dots running forever with the SS change? SB:SS or manually cast dots on the target you are going to copy on, Inhale, Exhale on the mentioned target, Pandemic kicks in, copy them back, GG, etc.? Only way I could see this not working is when Exhaling dots, Pandemic doesn't work or it just overwrites the duration of the old dots.
    You answered your own question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koloui View Post
    Another thing thats a nice idea that kinda balancdes fights with adds dying frequently aqa drain soul and almost infinite shard is to totallly remove the fact that we get full shards when the add dies while drainsouling. Instead give us an on use spell with like 2min cd that provides us with full shards. This solves a lot of issues for affliction.
    - No instant shard generation from adds dying hence over the top perfoming for locks in fights with scenarios us such.
    - On use multidot (aoe) capabilities for affliction. Example: I am forced to go destro for Jin Kun just for the mere fact that i cant rely on my shards when i fly to the platforms. As it is now if someone decides to go for affliction for this fight blizzard is forcing bad plays.
    except this suggestion would effectively nerf afflic quite significantly. currently the shard return from nightfall is enough to keep your shards decently up single target wise, if you remove the shard gain from drain soul it will not only nerf our dps on multidotting but it will also significantly nerf our execution phase. your suggestion wont solve a single thing.

and no offense but if you're forced to be destro on ji-kun bcoz you cant rely on your shards, you're doing something wrong, assuming its ji-kun hc which is where you should be doing nests unlike normal where you shouldnt, well usually shouldnt. you have more than enough time to dot up the adds there, and focus nuke them down and get your shards back and get some haunts on the target you're focus nuking unless ofc if your fellow dps is too focused on e-peening with aoeing and not focusing on their actual jobs which is to get the adds down, then ofc there will be some trouble. Going as affliction on ji-kun is anything but forcing bad plays unless you're calling high-end locks for bad locks which im fairly sure they are not. i certainly have no problems with going affliction on ji-kun hc in any way and im not a high-end lock in any way or form.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-07-04 at 12:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    Time to learn demo..........Destro/affy are looking pretty bad next patch.
    Until they nerf demo and UVLS..... then we have three medium specs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    Until they nerf demo and UVLS..... then we have three medium specs
    Shh... dont give them any ideas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    except this suggestion would effectively nerf afflic quite significantly. currently the shard return from nightfall is enough to keep your shards decently up single target wise, if you remove the shard gain from drain soul it will not only nerf our dps on multidotting but it will also significantly nerf our execution phase. your suggestion wont solve a single thing.

and no offense but if you're forced to be destro on ji-kun bcoz you cant rely on your shards, you're doing something wrong, assuming its ji-kun hc which is where you should be doing nests unlike normal where you shouldnt, well usually shouldnt. you have more than enough time to dot up the adds there, and focus nuke them down and get your shards back and get some haunts on the target you're focus nuking unless ofc if your fellow dps is too focused on e-peening with aoeing and not focusing on their actual jobs which is to get the adds down, then ofc there will be some trouble. Going as affliction on ji-kun is anything but forcing bad plays unless you're calling high-end locks for bad locks which im fairly sure they are not. i certainly have no problems with going affliction on ji-kun hc in any way and im not a high-end lock in any way or form.
    You obvisouly havent understand what i am proposing. I am not saying remove nightfall (doh) i am saying remove the fact that when an add dies whilst drain soul you get full shards. This is something very hard to balance out. You have one fight with some adds coming here and there providing almost infinite shards and another fight which is single target where you get the normal shard generation. The difference between the 2 is quite substantial.

Well what youare saying about Jin Kun has no connection with reality. On an upper nest yeh you only get 2 adds its ok. On a down nest with only 2 dps imagine going there with 1 or 0 shards. What are you gonna do target one by one and dot. Thats takes for ages and the dmg of the dots is not as it used to be for the time you will invest applying them. What i want to say is that the difference from going down to a nest with 4 shards dotting everything up asap and going with 0 or 1 shard is huge. Whilst on destro its practically more or less the same, 4 embers or 0 embers your aoe will not change that much. And Jin Kun was an example to point out this weakness of affliction. Affliction has a bad aoe mechanic that noone seems to complain and its pretty obvious.

Deleted
    I wonder if any of them play warlock actively?
    Doesnt seem like that to me:/
    Keep posting on official ptr forums