Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Is the female Draenei depiction in-game insulting?

From most promotional artwork or sketches, female Draenei are typically drawn as very exotic and strange looking Aliens with long tails and sharp jaws. In-game is a sultry, horny little goat with the perfect female body, from big breasts and a very small tail that looks nothing like as it should.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by spekkio View Post
    Insulting to whom?
    Lore or art enthusiasts
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

They are perfectly fine.. /drool

10+ Year Old Account
    i take offense to this
    dragonmaw - EU

Big breasts? As compared to what?

Not insulting. Disappointing.

It's a little sad that they chose to give us an alien race (well, another, because we already have orcs) and then they chose to make it look more like a blood elf cosplaying an eredar. Copied blood elf faces, small -- useless tail attachment that looks nothing like it should.

This is how I would prefer them to look:

Not a fan of the face on the first one, prefer the face on the second pic. Still, the body is more in the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    horny little goat with the perfect female body, from big breasts and a very small tail
    Probably something you should keep to yourself, Salandrin.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Lore or art enthusiasts
    Well Blood Elves and Night Elves in art and sketches aren't anorexic.... Is that an insult?

Probably it's the lack of technology Blizzard had at that time or something like that. It will all be better with the new models.

Lore or art enthusiasts
    I'm neither of those however I don't really feel the races are quite portrayed the same in artwork as they are in-game, especially the older ones. Most of the in-game models are old, perhaps the new models (whenever they arrive) might be more like the artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    That's pretty much how they look ingame.
    plus you can't compare art to actual animation.

I could get behind a model that looked like this, she looks alot more fierce while still keeping some of the allure the Draenei already have. I really like that the face is not just cutesy and looks more like the male ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    That's pretty much how they look ingame.
    plus you can't compare art to actual animation.

If you say so, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Well Blood Elves and Night Elves in art and sketches aren't anorexic.... Is that an insult?

Probably it's the lack of technology Blizzard had at that time or something like that. It will all be better with the new models.

I used to hope for that, until Blizzard drove home the point that they want to make them look like the old models (just upgraded) multiple times. So as far as I can see, we'll be stuck with the same baby-faced, short-tailed draenei impostors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    I could get behind a model that looked like this, she looks alot more fierce while still keeping some of the allure the Draenei already have. I really like that the face is not just cutesy and looks more like the male ones.

That was my thought. More fierce and exotic, while still being obviously draenei. This would actually make them look as if they were connected to the man'ari eredar by more than silly tales and stories.

Draenei didn't exist in lore until BC... so how is the depiction in game (their introduction) insulting?
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Draenei didn't exist in lore until BC... so how is the depiction in game (their introduction) insulting?
    didn't they exist as the Eredar before BC?
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    The off-shoots, the Eredar, existed, and look much more like the concept/fan art we get. The pre-release concept art also doesn't look a great deal like their in-game model, but that's true of pretty much everything.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted

It's a little sad that they chose to give us an alien race (well, another, because we already have orcs) and then they chose to make it look more like a blood elf cosplaying an eredar. Copied blood elf faces, small -- useless tail attachment that looks nothing like it should.

http://i.imgur.com/Itt5dYp.jpg
    http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/med...nei3-large.jpg

Not a fan of the face on the first one, prefer the face on the second pic. Still, the body is more in the right direction.
    Their legs look thin as sticks, like they could break, overall the seem to have anorexia, ingame they have more meats on ze bones. Also, your horns make them look more demonic..

They're a digusting manifestation of Male Gaze in the media, and a slap in the face of feminism. I make it a point never to group with any female dranei.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Their legs look thin as sticks, like they could break, overall the seem to have anorexia, ingame they have more meats on ze bones. Also, your horns make them look more demonic..

Don't mind the legs. Those are hyper-realistic. If the graphics weren't cartoony for WoW, the legs would look like that now.

Also, they are supposed to look more demonic, because that's their whole theme. They should look no different from the man'ari eredar, except for fel eyes and a red skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heenk View Post
    They're a digusting manifestation of Male Gaze in the media, and a slap in the face of feminism. I make it a point never to group with any female dranei.
    That'll show em
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."