Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    So, the proc outweighs the haste id be giving up? Currently the dps cloak has 2 beneficial stats vs 1 beneficial stat on the tanking one. The tank proc is also one that assumes its saving you from an otherwise fatal hit. Something most tanks will be able to handle without the cloak. They can't realistically design any boss encounters under the assumption you will die yet have no way to counter it unless you have said proc. So Im assuming the proc will only really get used if you mess up at a key point.
    Which is better? An alive tank or a dead tank? You decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    You only die if a) you fuck up b) healers fuck up c) you're wiping since DPS died

In addition to this the cloak does not guarantee you survive either of the cases. (If only it worked like AD during ToC)

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    6x60% weapon damage is going to be 150-300k damage total depending on vengeance and your weapon.
    I really question the proc on the STR cloak. Since seeing the proc formula has "xhnd" in it, it will probably mean that 2handed get full damage, dual wield gets 2x1h damage and 1h/shield is going to get 1x1h damage, making the proc pretty shitty for warriors/paladins but pretty decent for DKs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    If you are so scared of death, you really should work on your tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    I really question the proc on the STR cloak. Since seeing the proc formula has "xhnd" in it, it will probably mean that 2handed get full damage, dual wield gets 2x1h damage and 1h/shield is going to get 1x1h damage, making the proc pretty shitty for warriors/paladins but pretty decent for DKs.
    Possibly, might just have more procs for 1hnd users *haste (in which case, still bad for warriors, but godly for paladins)

Most of the new stuff is RPPM based, i hope the cloak procs are following this pattern

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    If you are so scared of death, you really should work on your tanking.
    If you're working on a new boss, who knows if that attempt where you died for whatever reason could have been the kill-try if you hadn't died. Use the tanking cloak for progress tanking, the dps one for farm-raid tanking.

If you're working on a new boss, who knows if that attempt where you died for whatever reason could have been the kill-try if you hadn't died. Use the tanking cloak for progress tanking, the dps one for farm-raid tanking.
    More often than not I feel progression will wipe because your raid petered out or berserked at ~1% health not because your tank got gibbed early.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    More often than not I feel progression will wipe because your raid petered out or berserked at ~1% health not because your tank got gibbed early.
    I am gonna have to second this, atleast in 10 man. Tank deaths has never been holding us back on bosses. As a tank, I am the last man standing on 90% of our wipes.

Also, those times that I actually died I have to ask myself, would the tank cloak proc have saved me? Most of the times I must say no, since when I died it means either me or my healers messed up, and in that case, the tank proc would not have been able to help me.

I think saying that the tank proc could have saved you from death missing out on a kill is putting it really to the extreme. If you want to go on the extreme the other way. Maybe you die some time because you were 0.01 seconds away from another SS tick or getting another HoPo so you can cast SotR, but you did not get it because you are using the tank cloak which has less haste on it, then the tank cloak could instead have cost you a first kill. There is no denying that the tank cloak is itemized like shit, and well, worse itemization means you are a squishier tank and more likely to die, even though the difference is very marginal.

Also, how do you know that the dps proc would not have made or breaked your kill. The amount of times I have wiped on bosses >0.5% is beyond me. I remember in T11, we had 7 wipes sub 50k on different bosses ( 4 of which was sub 20k ). Remember wiping at both 14k and 6k on Valiona and Theralion 25 Heroic, if I had a tank cloak on me that was completely unused during the entire fight and I knew I could have picked a dps cloak that EASILY would have done the extra damage needed, I would have gone out in the street and ask a hobo to kick me in the balls.

TBH the only fight this tier that seemed to be high on tank death is H dark animus, however by the nature of the fight, most of the time it was because of the linking golems which means that the cloak would give me an extra 0.2 seconds to survive before another one of em would melee me.

So basically it can be overpowered as hell, at the same time as being completely useless :/

Deleted
    So basically it can be overpowered as hell, at the same time as being completely useless :/
    I would say that it is terribly underwhelming as just a "backup"-CD on most fights, however could possibly be OP for cheesing certain mechanics. Until I have learned how all the fights in T15 works I dont know for sure, but basically feels like the only legit use of the cloak is to cheese mechanics that you know beforehand "This is going to one-shot me".

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I would say that it is terribly underwhelming as just a "backup"-CD on most fights, however could possibly be OP for cheesing certain mechanics. Until I have learned how all the fights in T15 works I dont know for sure, but basically feels like the only legit use of the cloak is to cheese mechanics that you know beforehand "This is going to one-shot me".
    So long as the proc isn't on cooldown when that "this is going to one-shot me" mechanic fires.

GC just tweeted to someone that you can only benefit from the tank cloak proc if you are a tank spec.

If the opposite is true and you have to be DPS spec to benefit from the DPS proc, how many of you still take the DPS cloak?

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...21649013207040

15+ Year Old Account
    if that would be true, we have two cloaks, one with a useless proc and one with a proc that we don't benefit from.

dps cloak's stats still would be superior. althought there wouldn't be any reason to actually WEAR the legendary cloak over the epic cloak other than the sole reason of it being legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    GC just tweeted to someone that you can only benefit from the tank cloak proc if you are a tank spec.

If the opposite is true and you have to be DPS spec to benefit from the DPS proc, how many of you still take the DPS cloak?

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...21649013207040
    For actual performance still dps for.
    For being able to blame the healers for the wipe , tank one.

The dps cloak will still be allowed to be used by us and other tanks. All the trinkets in ToT are locked to STR / AGI / INT for their procs and they are keeping that. I think they only changed the tank one because the cloak tank proc could be so good that a whole raid would go get the tank cloak to avoid mechanics which would have been done I would bet my fucking house on that. That is the reason for the tank cloak change but it won't stop us from being able to benefit from the dps cloak proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    So even with all the changes coming for prot in 5.4 haste is still pulling that much further ahead of dodge/parry? I haven't seen anything mentioned on that yet. Forgive me but I'm by no means a bleeding edge raider but I'd like to benefit my team as much as possible and should be working on my cloak within the week so I'd love to know.
    Last edited by OGXanos; 2013-07-15 at 01:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    blizzard stated itself, they don't want to make dodge and parry more attractive. they rather want to remove the feel of it being absolutely useless. they'd like to create a feel that if you happen to take dodge and parry, it has some use at least.

so I wouldn't say, that haste is pulling even further away (and neither the opposite), I'd just say ... it stays roughly the same. that being said, haste is still tops. dps cloak is still the one to aim for.

For me, the choice is easy. I can count the number of times we wiped to tank death on one hand. Wipes due to bad mechanics from the raid group, bad transitions, etc., I lost count of months ago were only 5/13 heroic, though.

To me, the extra dps I'm doing on the fights is helping us more. I did 406k on heroic horridon, had I done 200 like most other tanks dps wold have had to make up that 100m damage I didn't do.