Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say it'll be in the lead up to 6.0, internal politicing for 5.5
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

Deleted
    Whatever, just kick those polluting goblins out of Valley of Spirits!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it might be dragged out a bit. Maybe it won't be immediately obvious, and the leaders convene to decide between them after 5.4.

Vol'jin is the leader of this rebellion though. It'll be him de facto at this rate.

They said its not what we expect, so I honestly think a council of Eitrigg, Saurfang, and Voljin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

it, of course, will be vol'jin. i hate it, i just don't like vol'jin. but whatever, i'm a blood elf anyway, i still got theron <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    They said its not what we expect, so I honestly think a council of Eitrigg, Saurfang, and Voljin.
    2 orcs and a Troll hardly seems fair imo. Replace one of the Orcs with a Tauren, and I'd be with ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    they also said 'your get your warchief back' and 'turalyon will return' and 'dance studios'.

Honestly, don't take anything the devs said as set in stone, they don't set ideas, they change them to suit the demographic at the time, which.. is pretty shallow.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    they also said 'your get your warchief back' and 'turalyon will return' and 'dance studios'.

Honestly, don't take anything the devs said as set in stone, they don't set ideas, they change them to suit the demographic at the time, which.. is pretty shallow.
    When did they say "you get your Warchief back?"

Considering they have delivered on EVERY lore standpoint and content promise they said they'd achieve in mists ill believe it.

Yee with little faith look like fools in the end.

Mark my words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    2 orcs and a Troll hardly seems fair imo. Replace one of the Orcs with a Tauren, and I'd be with ya.
    I didn't even think of Baine who would be more logical than Eitrigg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    I think they won't name the new warchief right away in 5.4, would be kinda silly like ''Garrosh died! XXX is the new warchief!!!''

When did they say "you get your Warchief back?"

Considering they have delivered on EVERY lore standpoint and content promise they said they'd achieve in mists ill believe it.

Yee with little faith look like fools in the end.

Mark my words.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't even think of Baine who would be more logical than Eitrigg.
    They said 'you'll get your warchief back' at one of the blizzcons I think, either the one cata was announced in or the one after. But the context was vague enough as I recall it could have meant 'thrall will come back,' 'garrosh will shape up,' or 'you'll get a good warchief back later.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    They're not hiding anything. It's going to be Vol'jin.
    wouldnt be so sure.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    All indicators point heavily to Vol'jin, and that's almost enough to make me want to faction change. A primative coward and traitor who can't even speak properly shouldn't be a Warchief, and he's never displayed any real signs of leadership. I doubt they even bother trying to hide it. I mean let's be serious, they told us who the final boss of the expansion was going to be before it even released. This isn't the expansion for unexpected twists. But regardless, here's to hoping it's not Vol'jin.
    Nah no leadership at all..... just took his islands back from a incredibly powerful witch Doctor on his own, helped oversee the exile of his people from there old home in STV with his father and saved them. Is the only Troll tribe leader on the all of Azeroth that realized a Troll empire was not the way to go. The Darkspear are the only troll tribe prospering and are in any position to do anything of worth on Azeroth and aren't being hunted by every other race. All because of Vol'jin.

As for the traitor comment? Then every major member of the Horde, including Thrall, Baine, Eitrigg(the most honorable ppl of the Horde) are as well. You call Vol'jin a traitor, I call him a freedom fighter and the only leader with enough balls to stand up for what he believed in next to Garrosh.

OT: They will hide it the same way they have before. Encrypt everything they don't want to be datamined ahead of time, or just test it on there own and put it in on patch day.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-07-04 at 07:01 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

what if Saurfang jnr was resurrected as a free willed deathknight? hows that for an orc warchief

dont see that ritual going off without cost if saurfang is desperate enough
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-07-04 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Encrypt everything they don't want to be datamined ahead of time, or just test it on there own and put it in on patch day.
    It would be absurdly easy to do this with any piece of content in the game if they were so inclined, with just a bit of extra tech. It's not sensitive data, so they don't need it to be high security or make use of asymmetric algorithms -- just a single simple symmetric key for any 'set' of hidden data, which the server sends to the client when it's time to run those files under the correct circumstances.

Any computer that has the power to run WoW, even on minimum settings, should be able to easily do at least 50 MB/s throughput on a cipher like AES (in a software implementation -- most new processors can also do it in hardware at substantially above 500 MB/s), so performance problems in the context of sound or video files would be nonexistant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just had a thought,seems as the trolls are basically the hordes gnomes,not in size i mean but the outcasts who got their city back,i can see Orgrimmar being the allaince equivalent of IF,i bet the new leaderS will be a council. See the IF leader died or got turned to stone rather and then 3 lackys took the throne,so seems as Orgrimmar is Orc Tauren Troll Goblin and Panda friendly i bet some sort of council will take leadership like Vol'jin Baine and Thrall or some shit,failing that i can see Ji Firepaw taking the helm or possibly Gallywix with his vast connections. But we could all be surprised and see Chen Stormstout become the leader or one of the Klaxxi,or a Hozen,or a Siege Engine or or or Basic Campire,sorry i went off on one again.......GAMON FOR WARCHIEF OR MANKRIK! and his wife*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    topic. I presume they NEED to stick in the sound files for each of the MAJOR characters (thrall, Vol'jin, Varian) before the patch goes live, and that should give us an indication about whats in store for the Horde now. so how can they hide who the new warchief will be? Will it only be revealed in the Garrosh death credits scene?
    Why would they hide it ? They spoiled Mop ending before it even started after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sznur View Post
    Why would they hide it ? They spoiled Mop ending before it even started after all.
    they outright told us in the middle of wrath that Thrall would be replaced by garrosh as warchief too.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    That is a very likely candidate.
    They already said it won't be someone you expect, and most people likely think like you thus making him the least likely candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    They already said it won't be someone you expect, and most people likely think like you thus making him the least likely candidate.
    They also said that if they were ever going to do something about Pandas it would be like a sidegame or something like that. That was after MOP was trademarked. Blizzard likes to confuse on issues like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    They're not hiding anything. It's going to be Vol'jin.
    I agree, it's very probable that Vol'jin will be the new Warchief, but I really hope not. A troll leading the Horde? Really?