Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmx View Post
    what kind of spec toping meters on ptr now? Arcane? or fire? i think the haste bonus from 2nd set bonus for fire is good...
    Fire + trinkets = crazy shitz

nerfing CM wont transfer mastery "back" into crit, since were already full crit anyways and the rest mastery

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Fixed lol ._.
    Simone missed the TBC joke.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    Oh those sad days...

I dont really see many fire mages dominating any meters between i510 and i522. So maybe you could stop asking for nerfs to specs that only affect the top 4000 mages in the US/EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    I didn't raid in tbc D: ...I was a random little mage noob that slowly leveld to 51 over the course of like 8 months xD...Then re-rolled dk when wrath hit. I was one of THOSE.

Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK View Post
    I dont really see many fire mages dominating any meters between i510 and i522. So maybe you could stop asking for nerfs to specs that only affect the top 4000 mages in the US/EU.

Because next patchs tier gear is all between i510-522? No it's i554 + for normal. Fire doesn't perform amazingly between those ilevels yes. But once you get 530s-540s it's RIDICULOUS. And needs a nerf. I can only wonder what'll happen once people are in full 560-570...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I didn't raid in tbc D: ...I was a random little mage noob that slowly leveld to 51 over the course of like 8 months xD...Then re-rolled dk when wrath hit. I was one of THOSE.
    You didn't really have to raid to get it, the joke is making fun of a quote that came out of Blizzard during TBC beta used to justify extensive Mage nerfs because the DPS they saw, and I quote, "was jaw dropping". No testers ever reported this DPS, and it never appeared on live, so it's become a bit of a running joke anytime they say they see high numbers for a class that no one else can seem to replicate.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    The nerfs will come, but it wont be for a while yet, Fire is like 25% ahead on single target over the bottom specs atm in Bis gear.

The funny thing is that yes fire does scale way to hard, this can be fixed with a CM nerf, but the nerf that actually has to happen is the removal of the Combustion glyph cause it would fix the one thing inflating fire's dps so widely. (If you remember blizzard did state they didnt want glyphs to be a damage increase anyway and this clearly violates that)

there are a lot of glyphs that "clearly" increase damage, including warlock's imp glyph. so lets start with the warlock demo nerfs especially with UVLS before we get to mages, kthx.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    The imp glyph increases damage ???.

I dont support any playstyle focusing around a trinket, im sure the majority of warlocks dont either.

Combustion glyph isint even just a minor dps increase and fire is stupid levels ahead of the other specs it could lose 25% damage and still be competitive right at this minute and this will scale even higher next tier.

yup, using it at the proper time increases dps, along with glyph of everlasting affliction. if it doesn't increase dps, warlocks wouldn't be using it. and it doesn't matter if you support the playstyle or not, its still OP.
    If it wasn't their intention to add dps increasing glyphs, they wouldn't of added glyphs like glyph of cone of cold "increase the damage of cone of cold by 200%" lol.
    Last edited by fearist; 2013-07-04 at 08:21 PM.
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    To help you out 'M8' the Imp glyph is not a dps increase, it causes the imp to pool energy to cast 3 in a row, its a possible 'damage' increase on the correct target but its in no way a dps increase.

The Everlasting affiction glyph is a dps increase with sac on multi dot fights which is again only due to the Lei shen trinket, im talking about non gimmicky single target damage.

To clarify for you The unerring vision of lei shen trinket is broken for demo everyone is aware of this and yes it should be nerfed.

This still has absoloutely nothing to do with the fact that fire is absoloutely mind blowingly ahead of the other specs on single target in Bis gear and this will only get worse come 5.4. The obvious answer to the scaling issue is to nerf CM, the combustion glyph is a major issue because it massively inflates good rng and is incredibly hard to control and therefore it should be removed.
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2013-07-04 at 08:23 PM.

Its already this late in the tier, its not going to be nerfed. therefore, mages shouldn't be nerfed going into 5.4, let us be on top, you guys had your spotlight in 5.2-5.3
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    You give the impression you dont even raid honestly but w/e.

To much facepalm, its guys like this that give mages bad names, anyway best of luck i cant handle this amount of stupidity.

so because something is insanely good when RNG lines up it should be remnoved? LOL. get out of here, your little shiny UVLS wasn't removed, our toys shouldn't be removed either. cy@, sorry I don't want my spec to be nerfed lol.
    Last edited by fearist; 2013-07-04 at 08:34 PM.
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    nerfing CM wont transfer mastery "back" into crit, since were already full crit anyways and the rest mastery
    Nerfing CM will prevent overloading Mastery as you won't be able to go Mage Armor instead of Molten during a Combustion build-up. Ergo, Mastery you had IS going back to crit. That's more of what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK View Post
    Either you're new to the game or somehow still don't understand that it's completely balanced around top-level/BiS gear. If it wasn't Fire would be top spec every single tier, every single expansion, ever (maybe TBC exclusive but I didn't play back then so I can't even say for sure /shrug)

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    To help you out 'M8' the Imp glyph is not a dps increase, it causes the imp to pool energy to cast 3 in a row, its a possible 'damage' increase on the correct target but its in no way a dps increase.

The Everlasting affiction glyph is a dps increase with sac on multi dot fights which is again only due to the Lei shen trinket, im talking about non gimmicky single target damage.

To clarify for you The unerring vision of lei shen trinket is broken for demo everyone is aware of this and yes it should be nerfed.

This still has absoloutely nothing to do with the fact that fire is absoloutely mind blowingly ahead of the other specs on single target in Bis gear and this will only get worse come 5.4. The obvious answer to the scaling issue is to nerf CM, the combustion glyph is a major issue because it massively inflates good rng and is incredibly hard to control and therefore it should be removed.
    Replying to this post in particular, but in general I'm also relating to all your other posts.

Glyph of Imp Swarm is a DPS increase. In fact, it's such a large DPS increase it's mandatory. Imp Swarm is a Demonology Warlock's highest DPET spell. How you got to 13/13 without knowing that and yet still have the balls to come in here and bash Fire Mages is beyond me. The glyph I believe you're referring to is Glyph of Demon Training, which isn't what we're talking about.

I also find your ignorance amusing. Fire is not "mind blowingly ahead" of other specs in single target in BiS gear. It's just not. If you're going to use Jin'rokh or Ji-Kun or fights like that as an example I'm just doing to sit here and laugh at you because they are gimmick mechanics that simply benefit Fire more-so than other specs. There are plenty of specs that can keep up with Fire in pure Patchwerk situations, it's just that none exist this tier.
    Glyph of Combustion isn't a major issue as it actually rewards good play as much as good RNG. You can argue all you want about Fire being entirely RNG but bad players still won't be able to build Ignite like a good player will and ergo lose out on the potential. If you want to talk about something being abused your Demonology/UVLS combo argument gets slaughtered here.

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    so because something is insanely good when RNG lines up it should be remnoved? LOL. get out of here, your little shiny UVLS wasn't removed, our toys shouldn't be removed either. cy@, sorry I don't want my spec to be nerfed lol.
    While I can understand why you don't want it to be nerfed (Fire without RNG is insanely fun), it still will be. It'll simply scale too hard otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Nerfing CM will prevent overloading Mastery as you won't be able to go Mage Armor instead of Molten during a Combustion build-up. Ergo, Mastery you had IS going back to crit. That's more of what I meant.
    Exept we are doing this, because of the extra crit and int from our trinkets, which in next patch wont be as effective due there being better trinkets without said int procs or secondary stats on them.. And removing Glyph of combustion/nerfing combustion damage would result the exact same thing, without nerfing fire even futher for lower gear levels. Also making it so you can't switch armor as effectively might be an idea? Just saying, you are looking at this amazingly short-sightedly.. There are better options than just nerfing CM and making fire dog for a while and amazingly OP at BiS till next expansion.. Now if only we would recieve a nerf to lets say.. combustion, and we reach a point with crit that it's simply not worth to get any more, considering what 4 set next patch does for us..
    Either you're new to the game or somehow still don't understand that it's completely balanced around top-level/BiS gear. If it wasn't Fire would be top spec every single tier, every single expansion, ever (maybe TBC exclusive but I didn't play back then so I can't even say for sure /shrug)
    Also Blizz has said over and over, that they will not balance for pure BiS, ever. They might take it to consideration, but more often than not they balance for 10-15(estimation) ilevels below BiS.

Though I would understand the rationale behind it, I'm really hoping that we don't see (at least too much of) a nerf to Combustion. Fire doesn't have much in the way of DPS cooldowns. I'd hate to lose our only one.

Deleted
    Replying to this post in particular, but in general I'm also relating to all your other posts.

Glyph of Imp Swarm is a DPS increase. In fact, it's such a large DPS increase it's mandatory. Imp Swarm is a Demonology Warlock's highest DPET spell. How you got to 13/13 without knowing that and yet still have the balls to come in here and bash Fire Mages is beyond me. The glyph I believe you're referring to is Glyph of Demon Training, which isn't what we're talking about.

I also find your ignorance amusing. Fire is not "mind blowingly ahead" of other specs in single target in BiS gear. It's just not. If you're going to use Jin'rokh or Ji-Kun or fights like that as an example I'm just doing to sit here and laugh at you because they are gimmick mechanics that simply benefit Fire more-so than other specs. There are plenty of specs that can keep up with Fire in pure Patchwerk situations, it's just that none exist this tier.
    Glyph of Combustion isn't a major issue as it actually rewards good play as much as good RNG. You can argue all you want about Fire being entirely RNG but bad players still won't be able to build Ignite like a good player will and ergo lose out on the potential. If you want to talk about something being abused your Demonology/UVLS combo argument gets slaughtered here.
    Actually im gna have to correct something here, when i spoke of the imp glyph i actually forgot about imp swarm and was referring to glyph of demon training - So sorry for that one. (although if you actually read the post you would have seen that)

I refuse point blank to play demo because i think its retarded to have your entire performance based around a trinket, but in regard to how strong fire is on single target in Bis gear It is absoloutely miles ahead of the other specs in the game, the biggest problem with this is the combustion glyph because it inflates your damage and therefore becomes quite uncontrollable.

There should be no glyph or trinket that is so good that any spec should consider it mandatory, i feel this is the case for Combustion glyph and for what it matters the Unnering vision of lei shen for demo (and i guess the imp swarm glyph)

Please note im not here to compare fire to a spec that i dont even play, im simply stating that fire is absoloutely monstrously overtuned on single target and i feel that the glyph is a major cause of that.
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2013-07-05 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    in regard to how strong fire is on single target in Bis gear It is absoloutely miles ahead of the other specs in the game, the biggest problem with this is the combustion glyph because it inflates your damage and therefore becomes quite uncontrollable.
    Biggest problem for fire atm is that the fights are so short that it combustion starters and combustions during lust is a big part of the total fight duration, but going next tier, fight last up to 10 mins again and fire is not so strong anymore on single target compared to everyone else. Given combustion damage is getting out of hand, but overall it aint THAT much that fire is ahead of other good ST specs, certainly when you take fight mechanics into account.