Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

"you don't have any kills, sorry"... always hiding behind that same lame excuse

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nzall/advanced

I'm at wits end. I can get nothing from LFR except a belt and 4P T15. I can get minor upgrades from heroic caches for some slots. but every time I try to join a normal ToT raid pug from trade, I get a reply in the vein of "sorry, you don't have any kills" or "looking for someone with more exp". And that's if they don't simply demand AotC right away, even for a non-lei shen pug. They check armory, so I cannot fake my achievement.

I could bribe someone, but that would take quite abit of time. I could join a guild, but I have nothing but bad experiences from guilds, either from malicious guild masters or from ignorant and dumb guildies. and even if I can find a decent guild, they ALSO ASK EXP...

It's a vicious circle: I can't get EXP because I don't have any EXP.

next xpack start early get to max level and get full heroic gear. ppl will take you.

for now? just apply to a bunch of guilds. i did and atm if been with the same guild sins karazhan..... yea that long!!!XD
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nzall/advanced

I'm at wits end. I can get nothing from LFR except a belt and 4P T15. I can get minor upgrades from heroic caches for some slots. but every time I try to join a normal ToT raid pug from trade, I get a reply in the vein of "sorry, you don't have any kills" or "looking for someone with more exp". And that's if they don't simply demand AotC right away, even for a non-lei shen pug. They check armory, so I cannot fake my achievement.

I could bribe someone, but that would take quite abit of time. I could join a guild, but I have nothing but bad experiences from guilds, either from malicious guild masters or from ignorant and dumb guildies. and even if I can find a decent guild, they ALSO ASK EXP...

It's a vicious circle: I can't get EXP because I don't have any EXP.
    Start your own pug?

10+ Year Old Account
    yep achivements and gear score made it nearly impossible to pug if you dont have at least one toon in a raiding guild, its sad actually.

The key to entering a halfway decent guild is to put up some killer logs. Basically, put up some logs where you're getting admirably close to a sim for your gear, then link that sim alongside the log.

Gear and kills are easy to fix. Players are not. Having some old experience really helps, so if you're wanting to break into heroics, then you'll want to at the very start with some mostly normal-mode guilds or something.

Alternatively, you can as one person suggested, simply start your own pugs! Nobody can refute you, then.

This has always been the case. If it wasn't gearscore it was iLevel. If not iLevel it was "link achieve". People whine about a lack of skilled players, but aren't willing to actually HELP other players get the skill that they demand.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why LFR is popular. What a lot of the LFR haters miss when they bemoan how LFR has killed PUGs is that PUGs very often set the bar pretty high and exclude folks who don't have normal kills. One one hand, that's reasonable since it means you will have a run with people who know all of the fights. On the other hand, it means that people who've not cleared on normal (or in an earlier, more lenient PUG), can't get into that PUG. Prior to LFR these folks were screwed. Now, they LFR.

I joined a guild at the beginning of 5.2 with 490 ilvl, so what I'd recommend you do is increase your ilvl by as much as possible and join a guild when 5.4 hits. Getting a raidspot in a guild mid-tier with no actual experience is pretty difficult, I agree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by think309 View Post
    Start your own pug?
    This.

Or, join a guild. There are plenty of guilds with good attitudes, trust me. Just jump from guild to guild until you find one you like, just don't update your Wowprogress during it, since it'll register a lot of guild hopping. That's something I look at when I recruit someone, since I don't want a douchebag in my team that gets kicked from guilds a lot.

Pugs are mostly for people that have already done it, but want a fresh clear this week because they couldn't do it with their guild, or if they want to do it on an alt.

A guild is definitely your best choice, try it!

Deleted
    Why would they take someone without experience who is more likely to fuck it up because they haven't actually done it?
    This post makes no sense to me.
    You could either start your own group, or raid with a guild like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    This has always been the case. If it wasn't gearscore it was iLevel. If not iLevel it was "link achieve". People whine about a lack of skilled players, but aren't willing to actually HELP other players get the skill that they demand.
    Well, yeah. Nobody wants to waste time in a pug teaching people how to play. It's just not an effective use of time. Guilds can "help" others progress, but you shouldn't expect other people to do it.

Look for guild alt raids to join up to. On our alts we are all around 502-510 and we full clear normals we a few pugs. Any decent heroic guild isn't going to require tons of gear to clear content on alts. have them armory you and see that you put work into your character. Make sure you speak intelligently and not "lol ill joine u guise!" A good group can teach anyone fights very fast, but you need to prove that you won't be a liability. LFR heroes put a sour taste in the mouths of many people these days.

If you expect to straight up join a guild, I wouldn't expect to get into a guild that is full clearing. Unless it is normals only, and even then it is kind of iffy.

The time of the year when all guilds reduce their raiding days or resort to PuGs is close. Be online and watching trade chat from 6 pm onwards and you'll see at least 5 guilds looking for warm bodies for the night/ID. Impress them and you'll get a guild invite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the people who ask for AoTC on the toon you're bringing but yet have the achieve on the toon they're bringing...

Deleted
    your history reminded me of this:
    http://studentconnectunimelb.files.w...linkedin-2.jpg

I feel your pain, after I had to quit organized raiding I used to experience same situations myself (now I do LFR and PVP now, only)... although, in my case past raiding experience opened the gates few times, I hope for the best for you, and that people will give you some good hints

It makes sense, I gather people from groups to ToT normal 10 man on a weekly basis on my alt. If I get a response from an unexperienced player with, at best, mediocre gear, why should I gamble and take him into the group?

As a leader in a pug you got to remember theres a lot of other people aswell, of which have some sort of expectations of how far the group will get in ToT bosswise. I won't be the friendly fella and invite somebody who has zero experience, at the expence of other people having a bad time due to 1 person who has no idea what to do.

Deleted
    And I just noticed, you're on Kazzak. It's as big as mine (Twisting Nether), when it comes to PvE. Our servers have more than 300 raiding guilds each, so you shouldn't have that hard of a time tbh.

Pugs on servers like ours are often people with alts and such that already have experience. You really do need experience in a raid before you can perform to 100% and that's why they don't want you. Don't take it personally, but people assume that you're bad because frankly, most people with 0/12 that tries to pug are too bad to get accepted by even a 4/12 guild.

Example: we had 2 people in our raid group with 0/12 and they were horrible raiders. Not knowing tacts is fine, but they never learned from their mistakes. (our guild is 2/13 hc)

People have those experiences in the back of their heads, which is why people with no experience aren't allowed. It's a selfish thing really, but they don't care about you, they care about clearing the raid.

You also don't seem to have ANY real raiding experience, at least on that character. I brought someone to my ToT guild run tonight who only had 4/12 normal exp because they said they knew the fights, and they had gotten normal and some Heroic boss kills from MSV/HoF/ToES when it was current content, so they clearly know how to raid.

Without something like that, you're gonna have to rely on logs and people who understand logs.

Get some friends.

RL's are more likely to pull someone in when your buddy says "I've got a 515 ret pally buddy" than someone from trade chat.

as a raid leader you have to fill 9/24 other spots, and with every single player you invite to the raid you must decide if they are going to be useful.... Trying to carry one person potentially wastes the time of 9/24 other people who might be doing their jobs well (chances are low that only one person isn't doing well). There are groups and guilds that help people gear and raid casually, and that's where you have to start if you want to get to the top-tier stuff. Nobody starts at the top of the ladder.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?