Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    you get essentially 60s for a fairly easy jumping puzzle, and people still complain

give people a million and they complain that it isn't a million and one

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    People do jumping puzzles for the loot?
    apparently they do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    You're actually wrong. LB was the best dps weapon during beta 1+2 (got nerfed beta 3) and SB was the best untill the animation fix that reduced the attack speed...

Get your facts straight before you open your mouth, especially as a mod who likes to reply sarcastically...
    YOU get your facts straight because during beta the Greatsword was the best DPS weapon for Ranger, haha silly, silly man.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    YOU get your facts straight because during beta the Greatsword was the best DPS weapon for Ranger, haha silly, silly man.
    You mean that weapon that has been buffed 3times now and still hardly does more dps than the SB? That greatsword,...? Am I forgetting a really hard nerf somewhere, I didn't pay much attention to GS in the beta so I might've missed one there.

You mean that weapon that has been buffed 3times now and still hardly does more dps than the SB? That greatsword,...? Am I forgetting a really hard nerf somewhere, I didn't pay much attention to GS in the beta so I might've missed one there.
    I do quite a lot of damage with the greatsword fighting melee against multiple enemies + staying alive because it has a awesome defensive integrated also. You can't do that with a shortbow unless you've traited into piercing arrows + linging up all of the foes perfectly. I'd rather see weapons as tools for certain situations rather than dps only.

Yes maarius every weapon has it's "niche" to fulfill but in this case, we actually are talking about damage

And it's normal that you do quite a bit of damage, it is the second best dps option after all.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-07-04 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    I am not sure that is entirely true. I recall GS being strong on a Ranger, but LB absolutely decimating mobs.

One of our full runs in AC was with 3 Rangers all using LB. It was one of our quickest runs too in gear that was well below level because they hadn't placed any higher level drops in the game yet. The rapid fire skill could drop about 1/3 the HP of the GM spawned Moa and Giant elites at the end of beta events.

GS was good, but LB was insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was nerfed during beta, because it was far overshadowing the ranged options and people were complaining that they were Rangers that could not viably choose ranged weapons, even though Ranger and ranged are not synonymous.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

I just looked at the achievement guide. So, the only way to get the meta done is to either PvP or run a dungeon? Awesome. -_- Good thing I don't care about the mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I just looked at the achievement guide. So, the only way to get the meta done is to either PvP or run a dungeon? Awesome. -_- Good thing I don't care about the mini.
    So you don't PvP and you don't like dungeons (PvE). What exactly do you do in the game?

All you need to do is complete the dungeon once and you'll get enough to do the meta. Just /salute the last boss and beat the instance. The killing of the guys you can get in the new JP, they spawn pretty quick. And then of course you have to do all the caches.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    So you don't PvP and you don't like dungeons (PvE). What exactly do you do in the game?
    Cause PvP and dungeons are all there is to do, amirite? :P

I camped out some of the caches trying to get my zone specific Aetherblade kills. At one of them there were about half a dozen people talking about what a nightmare the dungeon is and how their groups couldn't even finish it. Now, I don't like GW2's dungeons to begin with, so I am sure as Hell not signing myself up for that. Same thing with Obsidian Sanctum. The very last thing I want to subject myself to is being ganked while trying to do a JP achievement. There's nothing fun about that.

I'm not bothering with the meta achievement either, Lane.

I would like to do the dungeon as I think it looks neat but I don't think that will happen.

I camped out some of the caches trying to get my zone specific Aetherblade kills. At one of them there were about half a dozen people talking about what a nightmare the dungeon is and how their groups couldn't even finish it. Now, I don't like GW2's dungeons to begin with, so I am sure as Hell not signing myself up for that. Same thing with Obsidian Sanctum. The very last thing I want to subject myself to is being ganked while trying to do a JP achievement. There's nothing fun about that.
    It was a serious question actually. What do you do if you don't do PvE (dungeons) or PvP? Do you just craft or what? 100% map completion isn't that hard.

In regards to aetherblade kills go to the new JP, they respawn quickly. And Obsidian Sanctum, I didn't have any trouble on Yak's Bend. Hell there was an enemy from another server that was running it with us and helping us. Never attacked us. Was kind of neat.

And the dungeon is hard but it's not super difficult. Once people get the hang of it, it's fairly simple but if people won't commit to wiping a few times you won't get it done.

It's actually really not hard.

It's just stupid people.

Trash is equip boon removal. First boss is jump on boxes to avoid lasers and kite golems out of lasers (for some reason for people it's hard to understand not to touch lazers).

Last boss is avoid circles on ground and don't melee boss.

There are a few people soloing the whole instance trash included (I only soloed the bosses).

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Last boss is avoid circles on ground and don't melee boss.
    When I solo'd the dungeon because karizee thought I was talking out of my ass, I actually found the opposite to be true. Meleeing her is a hell of a lot easier IF your team brings condition removal (healing spring, well of blood, martyrdom, null field, SIO, POV(shudder), Cleansing Wave,...)

All may trin's attacks did about 2k dmg on my ranger with pvt gear (just armor) so that's easy to tank if you dodge once in a while and use your heal skill. And the only danger comes from her bleeds (and shadow shot but that happens almost never in melee).

It's just the same thing as usual. People don't realise what mobs actually are dangerous and don't learn that spiking important targets down is better than doing dmg to all of them at once...

She always applied bleeding with every attack besides her teleport for me and that's too much condition pressure to keep track of over using range.

Other then that it was block teleport and go to town.

Yea you need a team for the melee-way, when soloing I used range too

Alright, did the Aetherblade JP. Getting to the diving goggles is way more perilous than getting to the cache, managed to make it into the well and... nothing. Why is there no achievement for that?! There's about a dozen different things you could land on and die on the way down there. :P

I didn't find most of it that difficult though or I should say I found it much easier than forum threads led me to believe it was going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    It was a serious question actually. What do you do if you don't do PvE (dungeons) or PvP? Do you just craft or what? 100% map completion isn't that hard.
    Ah, sorry then. I'm used to people asking that sarcastically.

Well, I am an unabashed, incurable altoholic. Honestly, that's the fuel that drives most of my time in MMOs. I have two characters with 100% PvE map completion and am currently getting my last class to 80. Map completion isn't hard, but it's very time consuming for me because I am a DE junkie. Any given map takes me about ~4 hours to complete because I get distracted by every event I pass.

Other than that, it depends what's going on in the game. I was in SAB almost the entire month it was active. The better (i.e. not Dragon Bash) holiday events keep me preoccupied. Sometimes I just feel like farming (which is unfortunately very difficult to do in GW2) and will park at an event chain or hub for a while. Dailies, monthlies, bouncing around world event bosses, achievements, JPs, etc. Basically everything outside of dungeons and PvP, I suppose. I don't do much crafting though, not a big fan of how it's implemented in GW2 though I did suffer through to get every profession to 400.

Alright, did the Aetherblade JP. Getting to the diving goggles is way more perilous than getting to the cache, managed to make it into the well and... nothing. Why is there no achievement for that?! There's about a dozen different things you could land on and die on the way down there. :P

I didn't find most of it that difficult though or I should say I found it much easier than forum threads led me to believe it was going to be.
    It's part of the master diving achievement. You have to do the other locations too.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's part of the master diving achievement. You have to do the other locations too.
    It should have been its own achievement, it was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Um, no? You can get the meta just fine without dungeons or PvP.
    How? You need 12 out of 19:

Kill achievements:

1. Aetherblade Assassin
    2. Ascalon Aetherblades
    3. Kryta Aetherblades
    4. Maguuma Aetherblades
    5. Shiverpeak Aetherblades

Cache achievements

6. Vexing Cache
    7. Weeping Cache
    8. Troll Cache
    9. Mad Cache