Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    No, if anything it illustrates that arguments founded on comparison of X player to Y are inevitably going to be petty and ill-conceived.
    I'm convinced many of these arguments are actually sourced in a real psychological disorder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narciss...ality_disorder

Note that this disorder is estimated to affect about 1% of the population. That's many thousands of WoW players.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    The fact that it's awkward to type things out during a fight doesn't mean difficult content must be accompanied with voice chat.

The fact that there isn't an interesting and functional alternative to voice chat in the game, or that voice chat is de facto required by some encounters, is, in my view, a failing of the game.

If you think that voice chat is the only way to resolve communication requirements within busy encounters, then you are thinking "inside the box."

- - - Updated - - -

You are thinking that WoW is an inherently competitive environment and to put it bluntly: You are wrong.

WoW supports competition but in no way requires it.
    Just wow I honestly have no retort to make to that. There are more then enough to make I'm just simply at a loss for words to your thinking. I think I'm going to take my leave now.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I'm convinced many of these arguments are actually sourced in a real psychological disorder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narciss...ality_disorder
    LOL

Yeah this pretty well describes anyone who actually thinks LFR hurts them and the game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I can honestly say I never see any people complaining about things being too hard, or people DEMANDING for the same gear as normal raiders. Ever. I see far more elitists complaining about other people getting gear similar to them, or doing content they've already done and how they shouldn't have it because the elitists had it first. I see FAR MORE people insulting people who do LFR as if their experience in WoW is any of their business.
    As close as I ever see to people complaining about things being too hard is when something is obviously tuned incorrectly or has what is basically a bug. For example the Durumu maze. People start to complain that they took 6 stacks of determination et cetera.

Or, let's see, Jin'do for the first 2-3 months or the ZA trash. It wasn't really hard as much as it was hard for a random group. Complaints are IMO justified.

But yes there is a crowd of people who, even though there are plenty of hard things left to do, will complain that some of the other things they are doing (or just seeing others do) are too easy.

Do people complaining about LFR get a boner or something from denying content from other people? I don't get it, what's the problem with everyone getting to experience what the game has to offer? It doesn't affect you in any way.

Also this topic is quite unnecessary since Blizzard are happy with it and will _never_ remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    As close as I ever see to people complaining about things being too hard is when something is obviously tuned incorrectly or has what is basically a bug. For example the Durumu maze. People start to complain that they took 6 stacks of determination et cetera.

Or, let's see, Jin'do for the first 2-3 months or the ZA trash. It wasn't really hard as much as it was hard for a random group. Complaints are IMO justified.

But yes there is a crowd of people who, even though there are plenty of hard things left to do, will complain that some of the other things they are doing (or just seeing others do) are too easy.
    For the Durumu phase, my roommate had far more luck with players in LFR that knew what to do than in his normal/heroic raiding group. >.>; But yes, I agree with you, the only times I can recall something being called too hard was when it was mostly unanimous.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all hard core players have the same attitude as the OP. There are a lot of players in the top guilds who spend some time answering questions and giving advice on streams to the 'casuals and semi hardcore' players that actually support them.

The fact is that this is an MMORPG. The content is continuously flowing in and that is where the competition starts. The content race is the competition. I have seen a lot of people on my server with the blue sky mount, one that I probably won't see for a while yet, but these guys who have cleared everything have been boasting these mounts and titles (which is perfectly fine, if you got it flaunt it) for a long time, and good on them. By the time I come to get this mount and title, those same people will be halfway through working towards the next end tier boss to race for server first kill.

What more do you want? Do you want it to forever scale like CM's so that people with less skill than yourself will never be able to attempt it? Does that title and mount matter so much to you that those types of people should never see it, the same mount and title that you probably will never use again in 2 patches time?

Are those the things that matter to you or does the fact that you completely kicked a tiers ass when it was hard as fuck, with your best friends/family before everyone else after 100+ wipes on each boss to represent one of the best guilds on your server and be a part of a guild that semi/hardcore and casual players look up to and often look to it's players on the armory to copy them and try better their character?

I think you are wrong when you say allowing these people to see content takes the competition out of the game.
    Last edited by Neetz; 2013-07-05 at 12:29 PM.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    Do people complaining about LFR get a boner or something from denying content from other people? I don't get it, what's the problem with everyone getting to experience what the game has to offer? It doesn't affect you in any way.

Also this topic is quite unnecessary since Blizzard are happy with it and will _never_ remove it.
    Some people live very sad lives and their only achievement in life of note is what they manage to kill in WoW's raids. Just look at a Blizzcon WoW panel question session to see the kind of people that play this game.

Contribute constructively if you're going to post
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-05 at 02:07 PM.

I've pointed out the bold no telling how many times, and I've yet to get a real answer as to why it does. Probably because there isn't one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Ppl are spoiled and cry like babies as soon as they dont get exactly the same gear like those "elitist nerds" who does heroics.
    Only it's the other way round, and this thread is the proof of that. Started by someone that sees themselves as better than a group of people wanting to take something away from that group so they feel special.

That's this thread in a nutshell.

As i've said countless of times now. It removes the mystery in game. It removes much of the community feel, just because ppl can't be arse to socialize in game. People are getting spoiled and childish when you just give them everything for free. It's not good for them nor for the community as a whole.

It's not that ppl want to deny other ppl content. It's there to get. They have a real concern for the game taking the complete wrong path. A path that totally destroys the community and what makes a great game.

And you're wrong blizzard won't remove LFR. They have "removed" stuff that was too numbed down and easy before. Remember those ICC 5-mans with free epics? Blizzard admitted they were too easy, learned by their mistake and didn't do the same mistake next exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I've pointed out the bold no telling how many times, and I've yet to get a real answer as to why it does. Probably because there isn't one.
    There isn't any effect on people who are doing normal and heroic. There isn't some sort of mystical force that makes us do LFR, there isn't something that hinders our game experience if we don't, but people still insist of complaining about it.

Really, if there was no LFR anymore, all these "top" raiders who seem to love pointing out that they are would have to find a different queue to join or outlet to show all the "terribad mouthbreathers" how great they are in comparison, because most of the time I see them using it as an outlet to rub it in people's faces.

There'd also be roughly twice as many complaints about runestone droprates since not everyone gets a spot for every boss. I really think at this stage, people who want to use their voice as a heroic content raider to complain about LFR should have their voice removed, because it's actually more toxic than anything casual or LFR players have ever done to this game. THEY are the poison that is hurting this community.

Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    Some people live very sad lives and their only achievement in life of note is what they manage to kill in WoW's raids. Just look at a Blizzcon WoW panel question session to see the kind of people that play this game.
    Oh yes how dare devoted fans be passionate about a game and have questions when they can talk directly to the development team and lore panel about new content / games. How dare those ... THOSE NERDS!

As i've said countless of times now. It removes the mystery in game. It removes much of the community feel, just because ppl can't be arse to socialize in game. People are getting spoiled and childish when you just give them everything for free. It's not good for them nor for the community as a whole.

It's not that ppl want to deny other ppl content. It's there to get. They have a real concern for the game taking the complete wrong path. A path that totally destroys the community and what makes a great game.

And you're wrong blizzard won't remove LFR. They have "removed" stuff that was too numbed down and easy before. Remember those ICC 5-mans with free epics? Blizzard admitted they were too easy, learned by their mistake and didn't do the same mistake next exp.
    If it ruins the mystery for you, then don't do it. Seriously, I can't imagine why this is so hard for the hater crowd to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Because blizzard feels that we are entitled too it.
    So, if Blizzard stops feeling that way, you'll change your mind too?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    Only it's the other way round, and this thread is the proof of that. Started by someone that sees themselves as better than a group of people wanting to take something away from that group so they feel special.

That's this thread in a nutshell.
    No people have been spoiled by stuff like LFR and getting epics with no effort in general. They have totally lost respect for what made WoW so great in the beginning. When I was a noob back in the days I didnt care about not doing the same thing as the hard core raiders. There were plenty of things for me to do anyways. And raids were something mysterious and compelling, not something I could do by clicking one button and then /afk. That's the concern.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    If it ruins the mystery for you, then don't do it. Seriously, I can't imagine why this is so hard for the hater crowd to grasp.
    Ruins the mystery for me? I never said that. It ruins the mystery for those people who usually dont raid of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Re-read his post.
    I stand by my statement. The people who do LFR do it because they want to. It hurts nobody.

Right now im at 11/13 working on heroic Lei Shen(25), are there really people who are as progressed or more progressed than I am who are on this thread bashing on LFR?

The truth is that if you are near completing this tier, you are probably much more concerned with 10 vs 25 man, players content with only running LFR are practically in another universe when it comes to 'raiding.'
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Erm...you know where your posting right?

"removes the mystery in game" he posts on the site showing the PTR patch notes, look of the new gear and the legendary cloak....what mystery? Even in vanilla it didn't exist it was just a Thott bot away.

The community...again what's that got to do with the topic at hand, do bad players not talk as much so shouldn't see content?

And who's getting free epics? Is this the colour thing again, I thought that was done to death, you know because you can see in big letters RAID FINDER and the ilevel is 502 instead of 522 or higher...

I want you to look at this thread, look at the replies from people and tell me that it's because the game got easy that people in here are dicks...

Most of the unreasonable comments and just flat out stupid, is it they coming from the people who really aren't bothered or the people who want things to change?

Be honest....

Well, they did actually have those the next expansion. The next expansion was Cata, which had ZA/ZG with "welfare epics", then later had End Time, Well of Eternity, and Hour of Twilight with DS, much the same as the ICC 5mans. They didn't have those in MoP, instead having epics that rarely dropped in regular heroic dungeons. They then later said that it may have been a mistake for them to not add in any 5-mans, if not for lore purposes and such. Facts, you know.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.