Deleted

Question [2v2] Resto druid + Ret or DK?

Hello guys!

So me and my best friend have recently come back to WoW, we got allot of classes but we decided to change things up this time. You see, we've been playing alliance for a couple of years now and we want to transfer to horde. Duo to the pretty high cost we're only taking 1 character each with us.

Im pretty confident im picking up my druid (playing resto in pvp), my mate is trying to choose between his DK and his Paladin. Having been out of the game for a while and not to sure of the patch notes atm. im looking for some help here. How viable is Ret + Resto druid at the moment and also looking at 5.4? AFAIK Symbiosis between ret and resto sucks. He gets Wrath, I get Cleanse.. If he would pick up his DK I get IBF and he gets shrooms. Allot better imo.

As a side note: We usually play for like 4 months and then call it quits again so im pretty much asking what you think the FOTM comp will be. (No, I'm not ashamed to ask ;) ) If you think both resto + ret / dk will suck here's the chars we have available:

Player 1:
    Druid
    Warlock
    Hunter

Player 2:
    Warr
    Pala
    DK
    Rogue
    Priest
    Hunter

Any replies with some explanation will be very greatly appreciated :))

Thanks!

Druid and DK is the better from Dudu+Rpally.Unholy DK make insane dmg and healing reduce...You have one more spell for survive (with Symbiosis).Rpally for 2's partner is better with Disc Priest not Rdruid.I didn't see this comp's Rdruid/Rpally from 5 mounts It's your choise

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies!

Well come to think of it, I never really considered pala has no healing reduction and only 1 interupt + HoJ.. DK Might be better suited for this yes. And the preferred spec would be UH then? I thought frost was a better DPS spec?

Also I've been looking up a few video's but DK + Tree isn't very popular lately. Any good guides out there that you know of?

Looking at racial's I think i'll be sporting a tauren for the warstomp.. but that's only useful when being trained, might the berserking buff from trolls pack a bigger punch for throughput?

Cheers!

The real question you need to ask yourself is if you are going to be doing 2v2 for actual rating push, get practice for 3v3 rating push or to just have fun.

If it is for rating push you will have a hard time past 2k and it will become so unbearable that you will stop doing it. The reason is that past 2k rating there are not many if any 2v2 teams that queue up so you will be playing 1800+ teams after 10 minute queues in which if you win you gain at most 5 rating, and if you lose you can lose up to 15-20 rating. Seems okay to grind your way since you should be able to stomp 1800 teams, except you will drop some just due to the burst going around right now even if you play flawlessly. So without teams near your rating to queue into you will always be taking 1 step forward 2 steps back and staying around 2k rating. If for some miracle you do have 2k+ 2v2 teams in your battlegroup then they will most likely be 25 minute draws as you play healer/dps against each other where the dominant teams are DK/Heal, Hunter/Heal, Feral/Heal. The healer is most likely disc, but MW or Rdruid can function very well too. The reason those healers are the only ones in twos is because they all have good offensive ability as well as CC.

Now, if you are playing to get practice and then graduate to 3v3 then I say go to it. You will learn a lot of class abilities, how to position, communication, how to use the maps effectively, and when you are in trouble and they are in trouble. These are all things that translate well into 3v3 that are easier to learn in 2v2 with less going on.

If you are playing for fun, then I suggest two dps. The games will be shorter, you will have more fun because you will have to work harder against the healer/dps teams and when you run into dps/dps teams wins will be determined mostly by comp but enough by skill to make it fun.

As for actually playing DK/Heal in 2v2 you can certainly play DK tree. You have to play Unholy because of durability issues and damage issues. Frost will not have enough oomph to solo kill anyone and will be squishy enough that your tree will not be able to assist as much as needed to land kills. Unholy has the capability of soloing players while at the same time be able to live during healer CC. You basically have to play very offensively and patient at the same time. What I mean by that is that you have to keep pressure up on players and forcing their position but you can't use skills as they become available because 1-2 necros stacked up is not threatening. 6 necros stacked up is threatening. Your tree also has to have a very offensive mindset which is different in 2s versus 3s. He has to not only be rolling hots and managing mana (games will all belong and mana can be a concern), he will also have to be maintaining fairie fire to increase your damage (and pet), stacking combo points on targets to either maim stun or burst when you are ready with heart of the wild as well as rotating CC to land kills, etc.

The way games will mostly go when playing with a druid is you want to separate the opposition as much as you can because you can go 1v1 with most classes with hots rolling on you as a DK and the tree will have lots of ways to keep the teammate away. If that is not an option, then you want to force defensive CDs of one of the team mates and trinket on both. Then when it is time for a kill, choose the target you will try to kill and pre stack 5 combo points on them as the tree. Once the combo points are stacked you want to cross CC the team which would probably entail a asphyxiate stun on healer at range and a mighty bash stun on dps at melee. (make sure your tree is hit capped for this, it is important). Do this when the DK can have his CDs ready so you can burst together. Then the tree pops heart of the wild and instantly gets a full ferocious bite (normally around 100k) and a full energy bar to mangle with during the stun. When healer comes out of asphyxiate stun, nature's swiftness clone him (or regualr clone) and you should be able to finish off DPS, or have them low enough that you can control the healer with pet stun and or double grip interrupts. Most likely though if DK is playing correctly when the healer comes out of that CC the dps will have such a large necro stack that they will not be able to recover.

DK/Tree can play very well together in 2v2, I just think you will have fun until you start running into the 2k range when it is almost impossible to land kills or be killed in mirror matches.

druid dk for save wins
    or
    hunter ret for fast matches

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post

The way games will mostly go when playing with a druid is you want to separate the opposition as much as you can because you can go 1v1 with most classes with hots rolling on you as a DK and the tree will have lots of ways to keep the teammate away. If that is not an option, then you want to force defensive CDs of one of the team mates and trinket on both. Then when it is time for a kill, choose the target you will try to kill and pre stack 5 combo points on them as the tree. Once the combo points are stacked you want to cross CC the team which would probably entail a asphyxiate stun on healer at range and a mighty bash stun on dps at melee. (make sure your tree is hit capped for this, it is important). Do this when the DK can have his CDs ready so you can burst together. Then the tree pops heart of the wild and instantly gets a full ferocious bite (normally around 100k) and a full energy bar to mangle with during the stun. When healer comes out of asphyxiate stun, nature's swiftness clone him (or regualr clone) and you should be able to finish off DPS, or have them low enough that you can control the healer with pet stun and or double grip interrupts. Most likely though if DK is playing correctly when the healer comes out of that CC the dps will have such a large necro stack that they will not be able to recover.

DK/Tree can play very well together in 2v2, I just think you will have fun until you start running into the 2k range when it is almost impossible to land kills or be killed in mirror matches.
    Alright so we started playing this comp but we can't get past 1500.. Im completely new to healing and my mate is new to unholy. His DPS is a little low most matches because he is constantly in CC and almost every double DPS comp we face they go bananas with all guns blazing on me. I counter this with Icebound for stun immunity and tree form to constantly spam regrowths on myself. If I EVER have a moment where I think I can stop spamming regrowth (which never happens vs palas or rogues) I try to CC something with NS and even if they dont insta trinket that I will try to get some hots rolling... I have a few questions:

1) You say Unholy is better cause it does more damage, from my experience (and my friends) frost can do WAY more damage, is he playing wrong or is frost actually doing more damage? If yes, why play unholy except for the pet heal?

2) Can my DK peel better for me? He says all he has is Death Grip and asphyxiate stun..

3) It is nearly impossible for me, except vs healer + dps teams to also go catform and build up CP's for our burst as I ALWAYS need to heal, I feel my heals are incredibly weak (Im at a full honor gear set + conquest weapons and ring) mind you this is all unenchanted (except weapons) reforged or gemmed as I rather spend the money on my conquest equipment. Though I feel like a bunch of extra stats wont make a incredible difference. (When I upgraded my weapons for example from honor to conquest I couldnt see a difference in my regrowth (60k always critting)

4) Sometimes when I blow tree vs double DPS teams and manage to stay topped, my tree form expires, I displacer beast away and go behind a pillar. From there on i'm gonna have a look if there's something I can CC, mostly whoever doesn't have a trinket.. My most best CC chain against a non-feral is NS + Cyclone, Cyclone, Cyclone, if a melee root, if something else Mighty Bash.. when that is over it happens 50% of the time my DK buddy still hasn't killed his focus. At this point they connect on me again and I have no tree, no displacer, I do have hots rolling, and sometimes I have Iron Bark ready but they just oneshot me at that point if they connect. Any tips on what I'm doing wrong here? I Really know I have to l2p, esp. cause this is my first healer char and druids arent that easy to heal well with but any tips would be awesome.

Here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%9Bdyr/simple
    Here's my friend's: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lleidus/simple

This is our team: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/arena/ah...kenmettonyhel/

Thank you

Before I try to help you out, I am going to ask an honest question that is not at all trying to be elitist. I want to help, but I don't want to waste my time. I looked at both your armory links...

Am I being trolled?

Deleted
    Before I try to help you out, I am going to ask an honest question that is not at all trying to be elitist. I want to help, but I don't want to waste my time. I looked at both your armory links...

Am I being trolled?
    No not at all, as I've said I dont have allot of gold and I cant spend all the money on enchants / gems / reforges if I have conquest gear a few days later, there is still 11k conquest for me to earn and that's going to happen soon. Once that is done I enchant and reforge simply because I cant pay for both. As for my friends armory, what wrong with it?

Do you think if I put gems and enchants in everything that all of a sudden my heals will be 15% stronger? Cause like I said: I went from an un-enchanted honor weapon to double enchanted conquest weapons and the throughput of my regrowth remained the same........ I dont question that gear helps but I think it sounds allot like l2p issues =\

Okay, there are lots of things I want to talk to you about but I will focus this post before I leave work on the DK. (I play DK main and rdruid alt). Quickly though, yes reforging/gemming can get you 15% heals easily but honestly rdruid healing is mostly about predictive healing rather than reactive and your comments lead me to think you are reacting.

The DK has some major problems though so let's go through them.

1.) Gear. He has to regem his gear because it is all over the place. His main gem stat should be strength, his secondary stat should be either haste or mastery depending on his preference. (I like mastery because of dots and soul reaper and the fact that haste is devalued because of low up-time on target.) I will go with 160 STR in reds, 80 Str 160 Mastery in yellow and 80 str 80 power in blues. He needs to reforge to maximize his mastery and haste as much as possible. Crit is worthless. He should be 3% hit, 3% expertise then try to get each piece with mastery and haste. For example, the helm has mastery already so you reforge the expertise to haste. The chest has haste already so you reforge the crit to mastery. He also needs to use his engineering tinker on his gloves instead of the on use pvp trinket. They have essentially the same cd/str but cannot be used at the same time so he is essentially wasting a trinket. He should go with the proc pvp and a relic/shadowpan proc trinket.

2.) Unholy does a ton of damage but it plays differently than frost. Unholy is about keeping diseases up on everything, stacking large necrotic stacks and finishing targets with soul reaper. I can solo most healers with sheer pressure and at the end of every game I am always top damage by quite a margin. (sometimes inflated by pets) Running healers oom is a viable strategy for unholy in 2s and not many other classes can do that.

3.) A DK peels through a number of ways. The first is the obvious grip and asphyxiate. He also has ghoul stun, ghoul interrupt, chains slow, and depending on what he is able to get dark sim CC. I find it easy to get decent things like fear, cyclone, frost nova, etc. He may want to get better at using dark sim as it is a good part of our toolkit. His main peeling ability though? Damage. Raw damage. He should be doing so much pressure that the DPS is spending the whole game either peeling him off the healer or trying to kite the DK depending on the comp. Asphyxiate/grip/pet stun should be used to land kills mostly because a DK should be super offensive the whole game.

4.) He should sit in blood presence all the time. If he is trying to stance dance (I see he uses the glyph of presences) then he is wasting time and opening himself to getting stuck out in the open vulnerable. There is little gain for unholy to be out of blood. That will allow him to free a glyph slot for things like AMS absorb or IBF reduction. He can also be running conversion in order to constantly be healing himself when you are sitting in CC.

I will comment on how rdruid plays in that comp a little bit later tonight.

Deleted
    Okay, there are lots of things I want to talk to you about but I will focus this post before I leave work on the DK. (I play DK main and rdruid alt). Quickly though, yes reforging/gemming can get you 15% heals easily but honestly rdruid healing is mostly about predictive healing rather than reactive and your comments lead me to think you are reacting.

The DK has some major problems though so let's go through them.

1.) Gear. He has to regem his gear because it is all over the place. His main gem stat should be strength, his secondary stat should be either haste or mastery depending on his preference. (I like mastery because of dots and soul reaper and the fact that haste is devalued because of low up-time on target.) I will go with 160 STR in reds, 80 Str 160 Mastery in yellow and 80 str 80 power in blues. He needs to reforge to maximize his mastery and haste as much as possible. Crit is worthless. He should be 3% hit, 3% expertise then try to get each piece with mastery and haste. For example, the helm has mastery already so you reforge the expertise to haste. The chest has haste already so you reforge the crit to mastery. He also needs to use his engineering tinker on his gloves instead of the on use pvp trinket. They have essentially the same cd/str but cannot be used at the same time so he is essentially wasting a trinket. He should go with the proc pvp and a relic/shadowpan proc trinket.

2.) Unholy does a ton of damage but it plays differently than frost. Unholy is about keeping diseases up on everything, stacking large necrotic stacks and finishing targets with soul reaper. I can solo most healers with sheer pressure and at the end of every game I am always top damage by quite a margin. (sometimes inflated by pets) Running healers oom is a viable strategy for unholy in 2s and not many other classes can do that.

3.) A DK peels through a number of ways. The first is the obvious grip and asphyxiate. He also has ghoul stun, ghoul interrupt, chains slow, and depending on what he is able to get dark sim CC. I find it easy to get decent things like fear, cyclone, frost nova, etc. He may want to get better at using dark sim as it is a good part of our toolkit. His main peeling ability though? Damage. Raw damage. He should be doing so much pressure that the DPS is spending the whole game either peeling him off the healer or trying to kite the DK depending on the comp. Asphyxiate/grip/pet stun should be used to land kills mostly because a DK should be super offensive the whole game.

4.) He should sit in blood presence all the time. If he is trying to stance dance (I see he uses the glyph of presences) then he is wasting time and opening himself to getting stuck out in the open vulnerable. There is little gain for unholy to be out of blood. That will allow him to free a glyph slot for things like AMS absorb or IBF reduction. He can also be running conversion in order to constantly be healing himself when you are sitting in CC.

I will comment on how rdruid plays in that comp a little bit later tonight.
    Thank you so much! This is incredibly detailed and concrete advise. I will send this his way straight away Looking forward to your druid write up!