Poll: Would u quit wow if Ingame shop for real money is added

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Selling useful in game stuff is only okay with a lowering of the monthly rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Lol, selling ingame items for real currency is illegal. Blizzard selling them means everyone can do it without any problems.

Just like I said when they started selling that pet or whatever it was that was tradable. People will buy them and sell them for massive amounts of gold in the AH which is basically the same as buying gold from Blizzard. 50 pages of QQ later and after releasing the pet it actually happened and some people made insane amounts of gold.
    (Incoming random person who claims this is not true because it didn't happen on his server...)

I really don't see any good coming from this. I mean any good gameplaywise. I wonder since when cheating became fun because this is about the same thing. You get something that gives you a huge (100% xp is not really huge in this game though) advantage which causes you to rush through the game and miss the fun journey etc. Apparently the majority likes playing like that. Well, have fun!
    this isn't a debate whether it's legal or illegal my point it's you can pay people real money for high end gear or pay a company for gear. both make it pay2win. but you have the option to pay or grind and a lot of people grind for their stuff but there are people who pay. that's the point. do you get it

Yes I would quit. Having stores for real cash is a thing for F2P games. If WoW would atleast gove up their sub model, I'd be okay with it.

Deleted
    Lol, selling ingame items for real currency is illegal. Blizzard selling them means everyone can do it without any problems.
    Its perfectly legal if they pay the taxes, and they do.

I would if they started selling things that gives other people an unfair advantage. Or if they were to sell the new models in the ship, or a new addition that should otherwise be available to everyone. Like an overhaul of something or a new raid.

Blizz have had the store for a while and the types of in-game items that have been sold have all been fine thus far, barring the BoE/tradable items. That said, the more the Blizz store has items available that are generally considered to be akin to the "F2P" style of payment system, the more I dislike it.

In the words of TotalBiscuit; double-dip payment system.

10+ Year Old Account
    dam 10 pages. well thx for the feedback

15+ Year Old Account
    No. I would play it even more if there was an item shop selling items that helps leveling.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    if they start selling gear or stat increases, then yeah that would do it for me. i don't enjoy pay to win.

an XP increase or vanity items doesn't really bother me.
    dragonmaw - EU

A real money auction house strikes me as a slippery slope. I wouldn't stop playing, but I suspect I'd start looking for something else to play.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Multiplayer online game. I see no massive. If WoT is a MMO, then so would every other multiplayer game. CoD is a MMO, LoL is a MMO, Dota is a MMO, heck even SC2 could be called a MMO when playing 4v4. These are MULTIPLAYER games. Not MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER games.
    Read the entire article and you see the word massive as part of the term MMO mentioned throughout the thread. Why? Because the genres are converging towards each other.

A classic MMO in the MMORPG sense was back in the days miles away from a classic FPS. In FPS nowadays you even have character progression. There's even FPS with persistent worlds, too. And MMORPGs are much more action oriented than they were back in the days.

Its a delicate subject but overall not a good idea.. If you add an item be it gear/mog item the content that would have been generated to acquire that item would most likely not be ingame. In-game store has the change to run content out, especially casual content. Even if they keep the content the rewards for doing it will not be as good as cash purchased ones.

Quote Originally Posted by yunito
    Poll: Would u quit wow if Ingame shop for real money is added
    - yes, dont want that feature @ all
    - yes If they add gear to the shop, No if transmog item
    - yes if they add exclusive item for ingameshop only
    - No, thsi si what i want to buy all item not work for it. my money So take my money!!
    Lol these poll options almost seem as if you are trying to troll us. It makes me a sad panda knowing it's serious though

I'd never use it myself, but I doubt I'd quit the game over it. If other people want to use it, they can knock themselves out for all I care. If it got to the point where items bought from this in-game store were REQUIRED for you to make any real progress in WoW, I probably would quit. But I doubt that'd be the case.

Also...poll options don't really have my answer. Only one "no" option, and....that option appears to be kinda biased.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-07-05 at 03:41 PM.

shittest poll I've ever seen. op likely sort of person who falls easily for political propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Why is there no option for.

No I don't care.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care as long as it doesn't offer actual power in game.

XP boosts? Fine. Honor boost, eh stretching it.. but fine.

Transmog, pets, and mounts? Fine.

Actual gear and such? Not cool.

As said I really don't care what they do as long as you don't get an advantage or something that effects other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Chult View Post
    /eyeroll

I really don't care if someone wants to buy a experience buff. Leveling is stupid easy already. You can already essentially buy something similar with RAF.
    this is my sentiments. I believe the devs have come to the conclusion ( correctly) that for many players, leveling is an unfun timesink. A lot of players do not like to level characters, they only want to play endgame. I enjoy leveling, and to be honest, it is already so fast that I cannot imagine these potions doing every much. I guess mathmatically they have to make leveling faster, but I already fly through the levels, especially with alts that almost always have the 150% rested exp. Unless you do marathon sessions, you are pretty much always playing alts with double exp plus heirlooms, plus guild perks.

The cash-shop will become ´bad´ when I personally feel like I am at a disadvantage if I do not buy the item and that hasn´t happened yet. Despite the fact that I enjoy pet battles, the devs purposefully made all the cash-pets to have very common abilities, so my actual pet count is 522 rather than 530ish (no big deal).. but at least when I go into a pvp battle I know the other guy doesn´t have a cash pet that will help him.

But again, I think the devs are doing this as much for players as for profits. There are a lot of people who absolutely despise leveling alts. It is like realm transfers and name changes. You can´t just give them away becasue people would overuse it.

WOW THANKS OBAMA, giving everything away. /s

Who actually cares? People are already spending money on RAF accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

I wouldn't quit, I just wouldn't use it lol. Blizz gets $15 a month from me, that's enough. I'll get the occasional item from the store (I've bought two things over the past seven years I've been playing: Heart of the Aspects mount and Pandaren Monk), but adding any sort of regular expenditure to a real cash ingame store isn't happening. I'll glare at it, I may even whine about the items available in it, but that's all.