Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Heroic Lei Shen Warrior questions

We've been working on H Lei Shen for about 4 days now. As of last night we are getting to phase 3 fairly consistently, so come sunday we will be working out kinks on phase 3 and get the kill hopefully.

My question is our fury warrior's damage is far below the rest of the raid, like routinely 30-40k below the rest of the raid. From my understanding he should be somewhere in the middle to low of the pack, but I can't seem to find out what he's doing wrong , since I don't play the class.

Here's our logs from last night's raid

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...yze/dd/source/

Also should he be casting spell reflect since I'm grounding Diffusions ?

Thank you in advance, want to try and help him out so we can kill this bastard asap.
    Last edited by kinetik; 2013-07-06 at 04:01 AM.

i'll let someone who is more skilled at reading logs stop by and give you actual useful information. Just in mind though that warriors are balanced around having significantly increased damage during the execute phase, so before you start reaching that, logs will be biased away from your warrior. Especially if he's SMF.

Is he smf or TG?

If you want his DPS to be higher have him go for Bladestorm over Dragons Roar, that just means he will do more to the adds and less to the Lei Shen. He can also throw on a frag belt tinker for the adds instead of taking damage from his rocket boots.

I believe the reason other people are higher is likely because of AoE damage on the adds.

He's SMF, and yes I'm aware that execute phase will bring his numbers up, but just needed to know if he should be that far below everyone else till then.

Why is he using avatar?
    His Synapse springs usage is lower than what it could be.
    And generally yes on that fight warriors will be lower than most other classes unless they take Bladestorm.
    And yes he should be using Mass spell reflect as grounding doesn't work 100% of the time.

Deleted
    Just looking at your first try, it last almost 9 minutes and he uses colossus smash 8 times. EIGHT... Did he forgot about that keybind after his early death? Yes, there are two intermissions, each is less than one minute long. Add some movement in there, etc. - but he should at least get twice as much CS in. That's where all the magic happens.

Other trys aren't that much better, sadly. It's totally okay that he's focussing on single target damage, there are plenty of other decent aoe classes around that can easily deal with the adds. But then he should start maximising his single target damage and not slacking around. Ie why he won't use his profession perks as much as he could, in conjunction with dragon roar those synpase springs tend to let the numbers explode

Grounding diffusion works, reflect won't do my knowledge. Toyed around with it during progress and also mass spell reflect for some trys but it didn't work out at all.

Ps: his armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rises/advanced some odd gemming/reforges
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-07-05 at 09:44 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    what people are failing to notice is that his damage on the boss is higher than most people in the group. I f the other people in the group are capable of killing the adds without their spawns overlapping, then the warrior should be fine with what he is doing. Just have him make the talent, gem, and reforge changes listed above.
    Also, valor capping isn't essential for anyone to have to do, and not doing so doesn't mean that he is lazy. But opinions are opinions, I guess.

Mass spell reflect works just not on intermissions.

so horrifying to see clueless warriors 11/13 hc :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Damosapien View Post
    so horrifying to see clueless warriors 11/13 hc :'(
    Why don't you just offer something instead of nothing to the conversation. Or better yet not say anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Esolde View Post
    If you want his DPS to be higher have him go for Bladestorm over Dragons Roar, that just means he will do more to the adds and less to the Lei Shen. He can also throw on a frag belt tinker for the adds instead of taking damage from his rocket boots.

I believe the reason other people are higher is likely because of AoE damage on the adds.
    We use a strategy where we will only ever get 3 ball lightnings at a time before phase 3 (send everyone into melee except for 3 people). Still think it's worth it to use Bladestorm? He's also in the stun rotation which may lower his output?

(I heal for the linked guild)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    Why don't you just offer something instead of nothing to the conversation. Or better yet not say anything at all.
    Because then he wouldn't feel special.

Anyway OP: Just have him do some tweaks to his reforging and change a couple gems and he'll be fine. As someone else said more use of colossus smash as well. Don't attempt to force him to valor cap every week though. I mean if he wants to fine, but it's not at all required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    It's true though. Not everything that is true is something people want to hear.

Personally I'd replace him.

In his defense, this is his first tier playing DPS warrior and his first tier DPSing at all in heroic content. That's why we're looking for help. Thanks for all the replies.

From what I noticed his CS and Bloodthirst usage on your longest attempts are really low. It's really critical that a DPS Warrior learn to keep these two abilities on CD even when there are other distractions. His CS uptime on a nine minute attempt was 13.3%. On a fight like Lei Shen with downtime on transitions it should be at around 24%. CS is the cornerstone of Fury so if he fixed this and learned to dump rage properly during those CS windows their DPS would go up a lot.

I am confused as to why he thought Avatar was a good choice. The only fight it has been useful for was Heroic Elegon and it has been nerfed since. If he looked at the armory of any credible Warrior or ever looked through logs he would have come to this realization himself.

As for his gearing, if he wants to min-max he should drop Enchanting for Blacksmithing. Secondary stats are very valuable in comparison to Strength. Which leads me to also note that he should use Exp/Crit (Crafty) gems in all three of his red sockets because he has plenty of room for Expertise. He can then in turn reforge that additional Expertise into more Mastery.

I would also recommend that he follows the advice of the constructive posters here.
    Last edited by Chapterhouse; 2013-07-08 at 04:14 AM.
    Chapterhouse#1107
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Don't attempt to force him to valor cap every week though. I mean if he wants to fine, but it's not at all required.
    Clearing 12 bosses (along with the trash valor) gives like 530 valor a week anyway. Do a few heroic scenarios and you're done. No reason not to valor cap and throw away upgrades during progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by summons inc View Post
    what people are failing to notice is that his damage on the boss is higher than most people in the group.
    ???

all tries (millions):
    elemental 815 (716 + totemA 86 + totemB 13)
    feral 792
    hunter 757 (627 + petA 105 + setbonus 20 + stampede 5)
    shadow 708 (631 + apps 48 + 29 fiend)
    warlock 687 (552 + petA 95 + petB 20)
    fury 628
    protpala 566
    monk 455
    disc 198 + 21 fiend
    holy 10

He's dead last of all dps and looking at only a single try (ie #1) doesn't work out in his favor. If the tanks were in the mood for some fancy vengeance stacking tactics (paladin eat all decaps, let the monk tank him so he has vengeance for the balls) monk could be #1 dps on both Lei Shen and the balls Having both tanks with some vengeance doesn't work in favor of either of them, imho.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-07-06 at 09:05 AM.

Not easy to be a good fury warrior. Shouldn't be too harsh on him

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay were also working on Heroic Lei Shen 25 and I've been using Shockwave.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vs.../?s=707&e=1303

I'm not consistantly at the top really depends on early procs in P1 and how many globals I can get off during AOE

Phase 1 I've been eating crashing thunder in zerker stance.

Intermission D stance and go through the motions.

Phase 2 Battle Stance BB SW adds WW

Intermission

Phase 3 Zerker stance load SW adds and WW and Execute Boss