15+ Year Old Account
    its heroic sulfuras all over again

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    On on hit "proc" effect would lead me to believe our cleave could ermm... cleave..

IF a 3.8 weapon exists I'll have a fun time saying for the 1000th time how a 568 3.6 weapon is worse then a 561 weapon that is 3.8
    I don't see what Blizzard's fascination is with putting the best weapon for 2-handed melee users on the last boss. That just means they have to balance them around crappier weapons because once you kill the last boss on heroic, progression is done, generally - except they never balance us around the crappier weapons, making it pointless to even put it in, in the first place. The only exception to this was Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I don't see what Blizzard's fascination is with putting the best weapon for 2-handed melee users on the last boss. That just means they have to balance them around crappier weapons because once you kill the last boss on heroic, progression is done, generally - except they never balance us around the crappier weapons, making it pointless to even put it in, in the first place. The only exception to this was Ulduar.
    I'm pretty sure the entire expansion we knew Garrosh would drop Gorehowl and it would be beastmode.

This is all speculation though. PERSONALLY i hope we have 4 AND additional random weapon drops with the only variance being stats. Unlikely though because weapon procs. So we will prolly be finishing for proc weapons instead of stats since well.... Making NO stats weapons would help them cut down on rating inflation just a tad.

Again thought this is all rumor mill though someone says the weapon bleed proc spell id is in a current buiild. I CBA to look.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoeboy4 View Post
    its heroic sulfuras all over again
    A weapon i never saw during FL OR FL 10man weekly sales in DS might I add. Normal OR heroic. :/

15+ Year Old Account
    yea it took forever to drop in our guild we were into h ds and i had the h axe by the time i finally saw it. worst droprate ever for a weapon i have seen imo

Went out to the spot that Huntingbear mentioned, and holy hell is this insane. Easily sustaining 900k+ with 4pc+crit trinket+cleave trinket and peaked at nearly 2mil with cooldowns running. As long as they fix the ridiculous input lag caused by 50 rppm trinkets all running at once, SoO might end up being my favorite tier just based on item cheezery alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmchomerun View Post
    Lucky... I was at 10/12 after last week and only got the one guaranteed for this week... Going to take 9 weeks for me to get the cloak.
    This is where I was at the end of last week only I was 9/12. And same all I got was the Lei Shen drop while in lfr. Another week if I get lucky and get 2 next week so frustrating at times.

with this insane DS spamming I wouldn't be surprised if I end up stacking mastery, this is fucking mad OP.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Is the primordius trinket all-around better than Spark or is it situational/at a certain gear level?
    I assume it's been discussed on a previous page but couldn't get the search function too work on my phone.......

Quote Originally Posted by chuqtaylor View Post
    Is the primordius trinket all-around better than Spark or is it situational/at a certain gear level?
    I assume it's been discussed on a previous page but couldn't get the search function too work on my phone.......
    30% + haste go primo

Deleted
    Picture this: you're in ToT LFR, the Troll one. You're at Jinrokh, you pull him. You have the most amazing RNG luck as a ret paladin: you have 6 stacks of Spark of Zandalar from the trash left, when you're in the pool, your Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun procs, shortly after your spark triggers 10 stacks and you troll up, with 14 seconds left on feather your dancing steel procs. You immediately pop your avenging wrath and your guardian of ancient kings. at 10 stacks of Feather and 20 stacks of guardian, you activate ES. Your DPS is the highest of everyone by far, the boss is going down like a sack of bricks... and then the boss turns out to have targeted that AFK hunter in the trash room with the lightning orb, the boss resets and the one time you had amazing luck, some asshat hunter ruins it all. If that's not worthy of some choice expletives, I don't know what is.

this actually happened to me last night. Did anyone else have similar experiences?

- - - Updated - - -

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nzall/advanced

I have access to crit/hit 516 gloves and 516 mastery/expertise chestpiece. is either of these worth using over what I'm using now? keep in mind i'm planning on getting 4P through chest and shoulders from LFR.

Unless it's due to the Armory not reflecting the change to the helms to include the sockets, you will wanna replace your helm with one that has a Meta from ToT, so you can utilize the Legendary Meta.

So, you are going Chest/Shoulders/Pants/????. Helm isn't tier, nor are gloves. Comparatively, the LFR Tier Helm would be ideal, and the 522 Gloves from Shado-Pan are probably the ideal setup for you. Tier Gloves are Hit/Crit, while Tier Helm is Hit/Haste, and Haste trumps hard. Plus the 522 Gloves are devoid of Hit/Exp, which we have ridiculous amounts of.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...larus/advanced - My profile. I got little room to improve, aside from some H Scenario Boots/Ring, or maybe crafted boots, if someone on my server actually has them to make... Problem with Korialstrasz-US... it's very dead Horde-side.

Still hoping for a better H Scenario weapon (stat-wise), but the raw weapon damage was enough to switch from my 502 Uroe.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Unless it's due to the Armory not reflecting the change to the helms to include the sockets, you will wanna replace your helm with one that has a Meta from ToT, so you can utilize the Legendary Meta.

So, you are going Chest/Shoulders/Pants/????. Helm isn't tier, nor are gloves. Comparatively, the LFR Tier Helm would be ideal, and the 522 Gloves from Shado-Pan are probably the ideal setup for you. Tier Gloves are Hit/Crit, while Tier Helm is Hit/Haste, and Haste trumps hard. Plus the 522 Gloves are devoid of Hit/Exp, which we have ridiculous amounts of.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...larus/advanced - My profile. I got little room to improve, aside from some H Scenario Boots/Ring, or maybe crafted boots, if someone on my server actually has them to make... Problem with Korialstrasz-US... it's very dead Horde-side.

Still hoping for a better H Scenario weapon (stat-wise), but the raw weapon damage was enough to switch from my 502 Uroe.
    I don't have an LMG yet (14/20 secrets still), so I still have time. And armory does reflect the meta socket changes.

I'm going chest, shoulders, pants, helmet.

That's like every good rng jinrohk pull ever except replace afk hunter resetting with some asshat wiping the group

^ Very much

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    man oh man, i remember just a few weeks back when they released the new tier sets and EVERYONE cried their eyes out about how underwhelming it was. then it got buffed by 50% and people STILL cried it was underwhelming. despite me saying, hey guys it works really well with DP, almost all the fights are AOE and cleave too, it was still called bad as well i got branded as some retarded new ret on the forum. but NOW, everyone is praising it cause they finally tested the dame thing and are giving it all sorts of praise.
    Remember when i said the sky was NOT falling? and how i said it was better than it looks? well yea. its fucking awesome.

once again i end with a TLDR, don't cry about it until you test it and its finally out on live. its prolly much better overall.
    and if our BiS is that 3.8 "gorehowl" weapon off garrosh, and if its legendary. COME THE HELL ON BLIZZ! GIVE US A LEGENDARY 2H SWORD YOU ASSHATS!

oh, as for the T16 look, i think its ok. i like the helmet a lot cause it looks a lot like a full plated helm a crusader would wear back in the dark ages or w/e that period was. the shoulders look a lil too frillish for me and the entire set looks so dark considering we are paladins and its not really a good theme for the raid its set in. All in all, the helm is the only thing that really sells the tier for me. rest is a bit iffy.

Id say overall though this patch is defiantly one of the best we have had.

The helm is awesome, the rest looks like Mage tier a few back. Some minor transmoggers and she will be sitting nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    man oh man, i remember just a few weeks back when they released the new tier sets and EVERYONE cried their eyes out about how underwhelming it was. then it got buffed by 50% and people STILL cried it was underwhelming. despite me saying, hey guys it works really well with DP, almost all the fights are AOE and cleave too, it was still called bad as well i got branded as some retarded new ret on the forum. but NOW, everyone is praising it cause they finally tested the dame thing and are giving it all sorts of praise.
    Remember when i said the sky was NOT falling? and how i said it was better than it looks? well yea. its fucking awesome.

once again i end with a TLDR, don't cry about it until you test it and its finally out on live. its prolly much better overall.
    and if our BiS is that 3.8 "gorehowl" weapon off garrosh, and if its legendary. COME THE HELL ON BLIZZ! GIVE US A LEGENDARY 2H SWORD YOU ASSHATS!

oh, as for the T16 look, i think its ok. i like the helmet a lot cause it looks a lot like a full plated helm a crusader would wear back in the dark ages or w/e that period was. the shoulders look a lil too frillish for me and the entire set looks so dark considering we are paladins and its not really a good theme for the raid its set in. All in all, the helm is the only thing that really sells the tier for me. rest is a bit iffy.

All I heard was, "nananana.. I was right, you were wrong."

I like the tier. It's definitely tons better than this tier, IMO. They're really pushing the bluish, red and yellow colors this expansion.

Still doesn't change the fact if it's even ONE single target fight we'll most likely use current tier for those bosses unless the current tier gets nerfed. If current tier gets nerfed we might as well use 2piece + offset items.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Still doesn't change the fact if it's even ONE single target fight we'll most likely use current tier for those bosses unless the current tier gets nerfed. If current tier gets nerfed we might as well use 2piece + offset items.
    not using the t16 4 set even IF you can get those 3 other slots with the BEST stats, as well as getting the best stats off the tier which is HIGHLY unlikely, it would still be inefficient not to use it. it is still a quite sizable dps increase for single target too, but this current ret 4 piece is just flat out too strong. as for using the old tier, considering we will have HEROIC AND A "thunderforged" version of the tier, the item levels will quickly outpace its effectiveness. and you need to remember, blizzard HATES people using old tier sets. if we would even find it to be an upgrade for single target (which i HIGHLY DOUBT assuming equivalent or even high because next tier can get the "thunderforged" bonus stuff,) they would nerf it within a couple weeks in a hotfix like they did with holy paladins this tier.

so at the end of the day you SHOULD be using the t16 4 set, and depending on how good that CDR trinket is, we may pare it with DP. but once again, this is still the ptr, we have some ways to go. for all we know they can still change a lot of things around. we wont really know what to do till they announce the final PTR build and all the items being released for testing. all we can do really is wait.

EDIT: usually in the past, blizzard also likes to make your last tier set of the expansion very sparkly with all the stats you want too. there is rarely an expansion where the last tier has all trash stats for ANY class. i don't expect people to just up n drop their good stats cause " man this tier set wasnt as OP as our last one, i refuse to use it at all!"
    Last edited by Reghame; 2013-07-06 at 01:10 AM.

Firstly do you know how many bugs adds are at the wall? I doubt we have a consistent 50+ add scenario.

Oh and if weapon is a 3.8 which was only a rumor it shifts single target only fight balance way back to T15 bonus. yup!

Also the "launch" bonus without a damage mod woulda been a joke. So stop tooting your horn because you are looking silly with this I told you so shit. other classes get the same trinket access we do. We still might be in trouble on single target fights by a large margin since you know: Warriors can crit cap now without gemming for it, agi classes that are crit capped get passive crit mods, Mages passive crit mod trinkets?

These are things you should be worried about. I also have aquestion. Who is your main? We pretty much know nothing about you being relatively new so how can anyone take anything you go I TOLD YOU SO about seriously?
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-06 at 03:10 AM.