Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The art team is clearly drunk. Hunter set doesn't represent hunters at all.
    Transmogrify should be there just because you want to wear your favourite armor, not because they cannot make decent sets. However, it does help you to prevent becoming one of the hideous rainbow people who don't believe in transmogrify running around.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2013-07-06 at 02:59 PM.

Deleted
    It's time they allow transmogrification of different armor types, like plate onto cloth and cloth onto plate, and remove the class restriction from BC tier sets.
    T12 Paladin and T14 DK looks like cloth anyway.

After Paladin T5, anybody who says the old artists were better gets mocked and ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    After Paladin T5, anybody who says the old artists were better gets mocked and ignored.
    Oh no, they have made one bad set, out of 6, crucify them, all of them!

Hey, you leave the perfect Draenei set alone!
    Also it even has complementing shield and mace. I think it looks awesome, at least on my draenei.

Deleted
    It's kinda true....
    I remember people said this set has been made by "men who loves men".

And am I the only to think those sets look goods in general?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Different strokes. So far I like all the tier sets except the rogue one.

I'm just amused that every patch there's someone complaining about armor like it's a new thing and hasn't happened with every tier.
    So true, I bet you can find really old posts(if they would even exist after this time) about people complaining about every single tier sets, every single armor pieces etc. I'm pretty sure there were complain posts about tier 1 and 2 too. I wasn't on forums back then, but I've seen people crying about every specific class tier since TBC. it's freakin 3 expansions later, people still cry. They actually cry about every single feature about WoW, every single armor and weapons pieces, every single content, every single nerf, every single buff. Sad but true but WoW community is bunch of crying babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Hey, you leave the perfect Draenei set alone!
    OK, I won't say anything bad about Ornate Mithril, Conqueror's or Bloodscale.

/snicker
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post
    So true, I bet you can find really old posts(if they would even exist after this time) about people complaining about every single tier sets, every single armor pieces etc. I'm pretty sure there were complain posts about tier 1 and 2 too. I wasn't on forums back then, but I've seen people crying about every specific class tier since TBC. it's freakin 3 expansions later, people still cry. They actually cry about every single feature about WoW, every single armor and weapons pieces, every single content, every single nerf, every single buff. Sad but true but WoW community is bunch of crying babies.
    you obviously missed the point of this thread kid. Move on
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    What the hell happened? Most of them are fucking redonculous and ugly with glowy crap and general grossness. What the fuck happened?
    i don't think they are bad at all. i can't imagine what life is like for you... "omg that sign is hideous! wtf this car is gross! no hun, i don't care if you like this house, we can't live here because it looks like a rehash of the neighbor's house! i can't wear these clothes, they're 'redonculous.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure there's a non set recolor of Bonescythe that monks can wear. You should check out WoWhead's transmog guides to find what you aer looking for.
    The Closest that comes to Rogue T3 / T7 mogable for Monks is the old Dungeon 3 Set. But i think the Rogue T3 which you can buy at the BMAH has no Class restrictions, so you can mog it as Monk.

Draw a helm.

Now draw about 300 more. Oh, and make sure there aren't any that look like rehashes of each other. Let us know how well you do, the forums will surely want to judge your work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post
    yep, so true
    every tier we have same shit on the forums: "omg worst tier ever".
    Personally I'm sick and tired of it, haters gonna hate, nobody will ever change that.

Deleted
    you obviously missed the point of this thread kid. Move on
    Not his fault you make shitty pointless whine threads.

>has anime avatar

>tries to lecture people on what looks good

el oh el

Honestly my biggest problem with the tier sets this expansion is how they're colored. It seems like the artists can't find a medium between garishly clashy or unfitting and boringly monochrome, and if they do, BAM, heroic mode colors. This is especially true of the Paladin sets. What the Hell, a neon green Paladin? Or how about last tier, set is called White Tiger. One version is red, and one is black. Want the white version? Do hard modes...

I look at T16 and I can immediately tell you which one is going to be the heroic set. It's the one that actually looks like a Paladin. Or at least, an Alliance Paladin. The boring gold set will be Normal mode and the dark and gloomy DK/Horde looking colors will be RF and Flex mode. Also, way to piss on the former Normal Mode community more by making it share textures with Raid Finder, Blizzard. I'm sure everyone will appreciate it.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Here's the point, Grimwhored, Nemro, Melo:

There is no limit in 3d design, Whatsoever. I know this personally because I worked with 3ds max for years making models for a pleasant little FPS called Stalker. To say "Of the 300 sets in this game you can't expect a few to not look a like" is just bullshit. BUT this thread isn't only about the models, but as many others in here have stated (idk if you guys can read or not, I'd sure hope so) it's also about the fact that armor types have actually lost the types, it's been that way for awhile. So please, A. READ the thread, B. eat a Snickers, or C. get some Pussy so you don't end up coming off as being rude n shit.

Heenk: It's not anime, it's from a comic called Living with Hipster girl and Gamer girl: http://jagodibuja.com/living-with-hi...glish-version/

and it's not really a lecture, I'm not trying to persuade anyone because I dont care if anyone likes the sets or not. Simply stating the obvious
    Last edited by Tripz; 2013-07-06 at 06:11 PM.
    And yet here we are.

the armor design used to include vibrant colors and features that represented the class. we know they can still create new and interesting designs, just look at the challenge mode sets. my opinion is that the really unique sets are the ones that will be given the most attention, for example the challenge mode sets - things that are hard to get. the tier sets are damned to be mediocre as long as LFR exists, because blizzard wants you to stand out if youre good at the game - and everyone can afk through lfr and get the next tier set so theres little priority in making it look that much cooler.

in short - blizzard wont make armor sets look cool if everyone has extremely easy access to them, it defeats the purpose.

Deleted
    Here's the point, Grimwhored
    Wow, what a creative genius! No wonder you can't be satisfied with tier models!

A. READ the thread, B. eat a Snickers, or C. get some Pussy so you don't end up coming off as being rude n shit.
    Also, quite an accomplishment to have made "3ds max" for years for "stalker" since you're like 15. Good on you, brother. lol

Quote Originally Posted by bloodclot View Post
    Were you modeling the designs given to you by the concept team, or were you making them from scratch?
    Scratch, worked with Holden of L.U.R.K. a little bit, but mainly bouncing around teams on small stuff. I also did texturing

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Wow, what a creative genius! No wonder you can't be satisfied with tier models!
    Why, thank you for noticing

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Also, quite an accomplishment to have made "3ds max" for years for "stalker" since you're like 15. Good on you, brother. lol
    22, and you don't make 3ds max, it's a program.

3ds max: http://www.autodesk.com/products/aut...s-max/overview

Stalker: http://www.stalker-game.com/
    Last edited by Tripz; 2013-07-06 at 06:26 PM.
    And yet here we are.