10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    About freakin time.
    I don't know anything about the ESPN forums, were they bad? if so how bad? MMO-C General Off-topic bad? Reddit bad? 4 chan bad?

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    About freakin time.
    worst change ever. I like the trolling that goes on there. Mods finally gave up. No way I'll make fb account just to be able to post there

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    worst change ever. I like the trolling that goes on there. Mods finally gave up. No way I'll make fb account just to be able to post there
    i think you just made their point..

i welcome the change

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I don't know anything about the ESPN forums, were they bad? if so how bad? MMO-C General Off-topic bad? Reddit bad? 4 chan bad?
    4chan sports board isn't bad at all. Its better than what I saw on ESPN. The NFC west blog comment section was a god damn shit hole. Comment on the seahawks? "HURR PEDHAWKS LOL." Comment about the 49ers? "HURR 42-13 GJ AT THE SUPER BOWL LOSING WITH AN EXTRA OVERTIME." I guess on par with gen-OT here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    4chan sports board isn't bad at all. Its better than what I saw on ESPN. The NFC west blog comment section was a god damn shit hole. Comment on the seahawks? "HURR PEDHAWKS LOL." Comment about the 49ers? "HURR 42-13 GJ AT THE SUPER BOWL LOSING WITH AN EXTRA OVERTIME." I guess on par with gen-OT here.
    Nah, I actually meant /b/. I hung around on the sports board for a bit long ago and it was not too bad. Was during ther worldcup, so there was plenty of potential trolling, but it was okayish.

ESPN board sounds like the kind of place that is fun to see for a few minutes after recent matches or events, to get a feeling for what the trolls have come up with and what drew general ire among people, but not a place where it's fun to generally hang out and chat. Still, shame for the people that did. It's never fun when your community gets blown to pieces.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are a cesspool for everything but sports.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I actually meant /b/. I hung around on the sports board for a bit long ago and it was not too bad. Was during ther worldcup, so there was plenty of potential trolling, but it was okayish.

ESPN board sounds like the kind of place that is fun to see for a few minutes after recent matches or events, to get a feeling for what the trolls have come up with and what drew general ire among people, but not a place where it's fun to generally hang out and chat. Still, shame for the people that did. It's never fun when your community gets blown to pieces.
    Yeah, only 4chan board I bother with is the sports board. The trolling in the nfl generals keeps me going until the season. Though a lot of it is a tripfag circle jerk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Internet comment sections tend to be a waste of time in most instances. Rarely is anything good discussed, especially on sites where there is no investment in ones account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Internet comment sections tend to be a waste of time in most instances. Rarely is anything good discussed, especially on sites where there is no investment in ones account.
    ESPN.com there wasn't much moderation and nobody took their accounts seriously. So pretty much if they got a bad name or something they'd just make a new account.

ESPN was the last refuge for the ultimate troll.

R.I.P ESPN Boards!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's more about moderation. The first message board I was ever a part of was completely un-moderated. It got so bad, one was afraid to open a thread. Eventually, it crashed, and wasn't the same afterwards.

Anyway, back to football. So how do YOU spend your retirement?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that feel good story of Ray Lewis on the mountain turned sour quickly. Apparently he couldn't make the climb due to fever and a foot injury. There's even fear that the foot injury might need surgery.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...imanjaro-climb

Quote Originally Posted by Hansigut View Post
    Ray Lewis got a way with a murder so maybe Hernandez will go free and end up as a religious nut, who knows.
    ray lewis didn't kill anyone, he simply helped hide evidence and didn't turn them in. he still got off very, very light

aaron hernandez is shaping up to be the most psychotic athlete in sports history
    multiple murders, assaults, starting in HS

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by benadryl View Post
    ray lewis didn't kill anyone, he simply helped hide evidence and didn't turn them in. he still got off very, very light

aaron hernandez is shaping up to be the most psychotic athlete in sports history
    multiple murders, assaults, starting in HS
    Eh, the AI stories are up there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Pretty horrible photoshop right there, you can actually see the outlining all the way around his head lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Pretty horrible photoshop right there, you can actually see the outlining all the way around his head lol...
    http://instagram.com/p/bZ2x-RtBBT/#

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/stat...06955571412993
    Last edited by Vetali; 2013-07-06 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see there's not much difference in attitude between the football fans in EU and US, but if he pulled a stunt like this in EU, wearing gear of an opposing team, the team itsself would reprimande him, not to mention the fans. Being caught essentially promoting a team not your own is a big no-no over here.

10+ Year Old Account
    wanting to punch or strangle the opposing coaches is a little overboard, but better that than wearing their stuff
    there has to be some reason for solidarity for promoting another team to be OK, I know a lot of people were backing up the Saints when things were going badly for the New Orleans region, but saving that I don't care for this sort of thing

10+ Year Old Account
    I see there's not much difference in attitude between the football fans in EU and US, but if he pulled a stunt like this in EU, wearing gear of an opposing team, the team itsself would reprimande him, not to mention the fans. Being caught essentially promoting a team not your own is a big no-no over here.
    Yeah, but its not the same as him wearing an inner divisions team hat.

Still I find it sorta unneeded. The 49ers were Aaron Rodgers favorite team and you don't see him walking around with their hats.