Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Any Chance of Blizzard fixing WoW

As of late, it would seem to be Blizzard's belief that the way to solve their declining sub crisis is to 'casualize' the game more and make it more 'accessible". Is there any chance in your mind that they could make a reversal?

Clarification: This is not a threae about casualization destroying the game; its about if you think they could fix it.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2013-07-07 at 06:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    A million other threads of this nature. Go find them and post your biased, unprofessional, and narrow-scope opinions there.

Please, search before you post. There are countless threads like yours, asking the exact same question. They all add nothing new. And in this case, 'broken' is in the eye of the beholder. Move on please.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    A million other threads of this nature. Go find them and post your biased, unprofessional, and narrow-scope opinions there.
    Agreed, but it's a lack of proper moderation as to why a million of these threads exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, Locked thread is incoming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardmodes are more difficult today than they've ever been. If you think raiding used to be more complex you obviously didn't raid back then, or haven't done a fight like Heroic Ragnaros when it was current, or even heroic Lei Shin. Those are available to you assuming you're able. Just because an easier difficulty or casual aspect exists, doesn't mean that's the only part of the game.

Another Casual has destroyed WoW thread thought they might actually bring something Original to the table when I saw the headline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    As of late, it would seem to be Blizzard's belief that the way to solve their declining sub crisis is to 'casualize' the game more and make it more 'accessible". Is there any chance in your mind that they could make a reversal?
    yeah let´s listen to the minority of the gamers, that´s how business works...
    could you be a little more specific to what you mean? there´s plenty of challenging content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    That is the only solution. Since casual make up almost all of the players save for an extremely tiny number of hardcore players, the only way to reverse a sub decline is to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just love threads like this. They are so special and informative.

PS: use the search before posting new thread
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

There is 0% chance of Blizzard completely fixing the game once and for all. The reason for this is not due to any incompetence on their end, but rather, the impossibility of pleasing everyone.

Simply put, I absolutely adore MoP and where it's going. I am super excited to see where the game is headed because of how great MoP is. You don't appear to agree with this, so already we've created a no-win scenario for Blizzard. Either I'm disappointed or you are.

The only thing Blizzard can do is try to make a good game, one they believe will appeal to as many people as possible. It is then our choice to decide whether that's a game worth playing. As implied above, I've decided it is worth spending my time on. What's your choice?

Deleted
    nope, nothing to see here

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love these turds crying about how "casuals ruined wow"
    MFW the REAL hardcore players never bitch its just some dipshit who thinks he should be fucking special and he isn't I never knew they made horses this high now a days
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

The difficult content is there, but it is only being cleared while current by a small minority.
    The difficulty of the game is not suffering, is not being negatively impacted on due to offering less stringent entry points for others deemed "below" some biased standard.

It is simply a vocal minority that are upset that the game is not catering to them only.

[conspiracy]
    I'm fairly certain that Blizzard's intent was to keep slowly making WoW more and more casual (LFR, dailies, etc.) to retain subs as long as possible, before releasing Titan (the game the majority of their player base would likely transfer to). After that point they could take more chances with WoW (making it less casual again) since it wouldn't be their primary money maker. However, with Titan delayed, who knows what the future holds. Will it become more casual or will they try to maintain the status quo for a while?
    [/conspiracy]

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why should they fix what isn't broken in the eyes of a majority of those who play the game? Only the "hardcore" players tend to think it is broken. Who do you think Blizzard will listen to more, the minority of "hardcore" players, or the vast majority of casual players?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

What exactly do they need to do? Please, enlighten us. This is like the millionth thread on this topic, yet no one ever mentions the fix.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

WoW's beyond fixing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's their product and their choices what to do with it, so I doubt they feel it's broken.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Maybe your opinion is the narrow and biased?

If these threads keep popping up as you say maybe there is something very wrong with the game and it's current direction that is pissing alot of people off.