Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is Storms End gonna be avail in 5.4 as well?

As title says, and im assuming it will be as previous teir titles still are (or arent they?), will the title Storm's End still be obtainable come 5.4? I know FoS for 5.3, but Im debating, as someone with the option of stepping in for HLei now or not to bother and wait since its not gonna be unobtainable?

I do want the title, but I don't want to raid this specific slot unless I have to, even if its just once /sigh
    Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, it will. Only the cutting edge/ahead of the curve acheives wont be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

it will be
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they don't really remove anything from the game anymore OP.

Deleted
    The only thing that gets removed now are the crappy FoS's that nobody cares about. The title will remain forever and ever, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Of course they don't really remove anything from the game anymore OP.
    Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    In terms of raid-based titles? Yes, in my opinion it is. Sure, I'd say that it's okay to keep the titles for the whole associated expansion (i.e. T14 for the life of MoP). However, I do feel that Blizz should remove the possibility of getting those titles once the following expansion patch/game is released.

A mage I talked to complained that he wouldn't have been able to have his Firelord title then and that it would affect his RP negatively. Then again, in my opinion, if you're going to walk around calling yourself Firelord, then shouldn't you have been able to best Ragnaros the way it was intended in the associated expansion? I mean, as long as you were a somewhat half-decent player it wasn't exactly hard to so by the end of Dragon Soul; and yeah, if you were still unable to do so at that time, then you're simply not worthy of entitling yourself 'Firelord'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Yeah because you don't deserve it in terms of overpowering the content like the mid tier people w/e type of tier people who do it in the current expansion still deserve it because they progressed that boss dying to X amount of times yada yada but fucking doing it in the next expansion and stuff? Fuck no you don't deserve it but hey that's just me being a D bag / special snow flake person It's just an opinion. They haven't removed shit in awhile so most of the top tier raider adapt to it and still cling on to the past such as myself

/hug Death's Demise

Yeah because you don't deserve it in terms of overpowering the content like the mid tier people w/e type of tier people who do it in the current expansion still deserve it because they progressed that boss dying to X amount of times yada yada but fucking doing it in the next expansion and stuff? Fuck no you don't deserve it but hey that's just me being a D bag / special snow flake person It's just an opinion. They haven't removed shit in awhile so most of the top tier raider adapt to it and still cling on to the past such as myself

/hug Death's Demise
    ... just run with Champion of the Naaru/Hand of Adal if you wanna feel special?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    ... just run with Champion of the Naaru/Hand of Adal if you wanna feel special?
    Veteran players may have those titles but what about this generation of players now? They don't get to feel anything well most of them don't really give a shit really least I think I haven't even raided this expansion. I'm just saying give those who work on the hardest boss a fucking reward like they've always done well okay not all time but something to make them shine I can't imagine doing top tier raiding anymore wiping to the same stupid shit over and over until your eyes bleed.

However they are keeping the trend of the 100% Heroic mount so that's the reward I guess.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashcroft View Post
    I do want the title, but I don't want to raid this specific slot unless I have to, even if its just once /sigh
    If you want the title then raid. Why would anyone wait til they could overpower it to get a title? Makes no sense to me why someone would wait to overpower it to get it.

@Apathy: That's the only reason I play WoW anymore. To raid and progress in heroic. If I'm not in a heroic raid I'm offline and out of the game. The games not fun to me anymore outside of heroic raiding.
    Last edited by Bryce; 2013-07-07 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    If you want the title then raid. Why would anyone wait til they could overpower it to get a title? Makes no sense to me why someone would wait to overpower it to get it.

@Apathy: That's the only reason I play WoW anymore. To raid and progress in heroic. If I'm not in a heroic raid I'm offline and out of the game. The games not fun to me anymore outside of heroic raiding.
    This pretty much, I think it's weird that people would be interested in a title, but only if they can easily outgear the encounter lol. So you basically want something that's challenging to obtain, but without the challenge.

Deleted
    Personally I just don't use my raid titles, when a new Tier is being released. Cause that's when people will go back and faceroll it with way more gear than was ever intended. I'll be using my Storm's End until the SoO is released or at least when the top guilds gets their new titles, at that point nobody gives a shit about an old title that everyone can go back and stomp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    This pretty much, I think it's weird that people would be interested in a title, but only if they can easily outgear the encounter lol. So you basically want something that's challenging to obtain, but without the challenge.
    People do it though, it's why I only use a title for the duration of the tier when it's relevant. Unfortunately due to the amount of bloat in the game with titles the ones which identify great players are hard to filter out from "xxxarthazxxx the patient."

Deleted
    Veteran players may have those titles but what about this generation of players now? They don't get to feel anything well most of them don't really give a shit really least I think I haven't even raided this expansion. I'm just saying give those who work on the hardest boss a fucking reward like they've always done well okay not all time but something to make them shine I can't imagine doing top tier raiding anymore wiping to the same stupid shit over and over until your eyes bleed.

However they are keeping the trend of the 100% Heroic mount so that's the reward I guess.
    They can get some realm firsts or something. Granted they've missed their chance by now. Wait, wasn't that the point? /mindblown

10+ Year Old Account
    I like many of the Raid titles, but since I don't raid at a high level I usually don't get the titles till a patch or expansion down the road. For those who are hardcore raiders, I'm sure the response if they were removed is just "too bad, raid competitively then." I would love to raid competitively, but between school and work I don't have the time. I'm willing to bet the majority of the playerbase is the same way.

The titles/mounts are special for the current tier, after that you have new content to focus on. It shouldn't matter how many people got the title/mount after you, because you got it first. Achievements have time stamps, you can feel superior that way.

Maybe they should just make them available for 2 patches. For example. Tier 14 is good until tier 15 ends, tier 15 till 16 ends, and 16 is the last one, if you don't get that one, then at least you could have gotten the other two.

The thing about titles is that they're supposed to represent an accomplishment. Having those words next to your character's name needs to hold some weight (for example the way "Scarab Lord" or "Relentless Gladiator" do now). When you can get titles at any time down the road, they lose what meaning they had. "Kingslayer" is a perfect example of a title that completely lost its meaning even while T10 content was still relevant because of how much the ICC buff trivialized the raid.

Think about how silly it would be in real life if everyone gained the right to be referred to as a Doctor once they hit age 40.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I like many of the Raid titles, but since I don't raid at a high level I usually don't get the titles till a patch or expansion down the road. For those who are hardcore raiders, I'm sure the response if they were removed is just "too bad, raid competitively then." I would love to raid competitively, but between school and work I don't have the time. I'm willing to bet the majority of the playerbase is the same way.

The titles/mounts are special for the current tier, after that you have new content to focus on. It shouldn't matter how many people got the title/mount after you, because you got it first. Achievements have time stamps, you can feel superior that way.
    If the keep the titles for the duration of the associated expansion you really don't need that much time to get it, much less raid competitively, just a bit of effort in terms of reading up on the fight/fights and making sure you're decently geared, which shouldn't be a problem once the content is 1-2 patches old.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostinferno View Post
    The thing about titles is that they're supposed to represent an accomplishment. Having those words next to your character's name needs to hold some weight (for example the way "Scarab Lord" or "Relentless Gladiator" do now). When you can get titles at any time down the road, they lose what meaning they had. "Kingslayer" is a perfect example of a title that completely lost its meaning even while T10 content was still relevant because of how much the ICC buff trivialized the raid.

Think about how silly it would be in real life if everyone gained the right to be referred to as a Doctor once they hit age 40.
    Personally, I don't see titles as something that should be prestigious after the first couple weeks. You get to show off how awesome your guild is for a couple weeks with the regular title, then a month later the heroic title. The new Feats of Strength are to show off a year later that you did it when it was current.

If somebody who is 29 earned the title <Name>, the High School Graduate, I don't think I'd be as impressed as somebody who got the title when they were supposed to, at 17 or 18. If they couldn't get that title when they were supposed to, then they likely won't have the college or good credit score titles for quite some time, either.