Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Spec least hindered by raid mechanics?

As the title says,

Which spec in the game (dps) can do raiding and do their damage without being hindered too much by things that go on in the raid. I mean like, when there is movement or focusing a target down, stuff like that.

So which spec has an easier time in raids ?

Hunters
    Elemental Shamans
    Warlocks
    Melee

It depends on what you mean by that. If you are looking for a melee that has enough movement tools to keep doing decent DPS at all times and has survivability cooldowns to handle the splash damage, that would be a Warrior. If you're looking for a ranged class that can do its damage on the move and will never die if played properly, play a Hunter.

assassination rogue
    Hatred the Fearless.

Ranged dps, maybe heals. These are the ones that barely move when switching targets, these are the ones that probably won't have to get away from the boss when he does some type of aoe with range. Although occasionally Blizz throws in a mechanic that makes one of these two jobs harder, on one particular boss.. in the long run they will be the easiest to deal with.

Rogue, especially since they got smart and started adding ranged only targeting attacks in so many fights. You can tank a boss for 20+ seconds, drop combat, immune a ton of debuffs/dmg with CoS and you have Feint which cuts the aoe dmg you receive in half and has no cd. Other classes do catch up as you start to over gear content, but for progression rogues are amazing.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Rogue/Monks (any spec).

Deleted
    I'll argue for mages, even if we do have some casts that you'd have to interrupt to avoid some mechanics. But for example on Council of Elders, I can Blink out of every Quicksand stun and get rid of the Biting Cold debuff entirely (I think that's what it's called?) with Ice Block, twice even with Cold Snap. Two mechanics that neither me nor my healers have to worry about whatsoever when it hits me, works for me! =P

Deleted
    i'd agree with venant. I'd also add shadowstep, burst of speed and cheat death to the list as well. At the moment I play a monk, which has also a lot of tools to cheat game mechanics but I don't have a lot of experience with that for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters without a doubt.

- Ranged DPS
    - 100% DPS while moving
    - Can ignore mechanics with Deterrence
    - Very little ramp-up time on all 3 specs, so target swapping is good

How about Shadow priests?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Hunters without a doubt.

- Ranged DPS
    - 100% DPS while moving
    - Can ignore mechanics with Deterrence
    - Very little ramp-up time on all 3 specs, so target swapping is good
    - Can't get silenced
    - Disengage to avoid or move long distances
    - A method of reset threat on a very short cooldown

Hunters are having it good right now.

Definitely hunters. Extremely versatile toolbox when it comes to raid survivability.

MW monk, the only healer that counts as melee for raid mechanics /jelly

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If only they actually brought competitive dps with the rest of that eh?
    If only dps were the question your remark would be relevant!

A dead damage dealer is zero dps :P

Probably hunter and ele shamans, though target switching for ele shamans kill your dps because of the need to waste a gcd on putting up flameshock.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

10+ Year Old Account
    My hunter is hardly hindered by movement or target swapping (make sure you have your pet on passive and have /petattack bound to your arcane shot though or else target swapping is an obnoxious thing, especially as BM.) We can also kite pretty effectively if you had to manage adds like that, because we have methods of keeping mobs locked in a dazed condition and can DPS the whole time we're doing it.

That said, our damage is kind of shitty. So you trade that in. :x
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

"(make sure you have your pet on passive and have /petattack bound to your arcane shot"

- Yeah... No don't do that. DPS loss when targeting swapping due to pet traveltime.

On-Topic: Hunters, no doubt about it.

P.S: Personally I haven't felt that I've done terrible dps due to my class, I got a feeling some of you use it as an excuse. I find myself in the middle on most bossfights, only lower on the dmg meters due to hunters getting most of the click-this mechanics. (Turtles, Orbs, Rings etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If only they actually brought competitive dps with the rest of that eh?
    Hunters do good dps. We're just not top dps.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart